JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Answer. To my knowledge no. Remember, also that some situations require that you make a decision based on imperfect information, or based on a specific situation as you perceive it. You don't have time to research/consult or debate.

That is a real problem. Our rights should not be so easily thrown out because of someone elses misunderstandings or by being unsure.

Sorta like something we hear of quite often, sorta like...

Officers,
Take control of a situation....disregard the suspects rights?
Take a firearm from a person...disregard the suspects rights?
Arrest them and put them in jail...disregard the suspects rights?
Keep them in jail until a court hearing before a judge....disregard a suspects rights?
Charges are dropped by the judge or D.A and the suspect is free to go but what about all the rights that were disregarded?

If you want to distrust/grill or attempt to "trap" someone with a scenario to further your own agenda. Have at it. I however, won't play.

All I can do is do my job as best I can using my brain/personal values and training.

Unfortunately, some, will not find that enough.

I am not trying to trap you, and LE as a whole has brought the mistrust on themselves. Heck, take a poll ask a thousand people and see if the majority trust the LE?

I am saying that already LE does things against our rights. They are trained to do it. Follow procedure, follow law, follow orders. So why when they do this day in and day out should we believe there would be a change in LE if and when we really need them?

Yes. I have seen it before.

And yet, you demonstrate that you can quote, but you don't read or understand, so I will say it again.

All I can do is do my job as best I can using my brain/personal values and training.

Unfortunately, some, will not find that enough.

Humans are not perfect or always do what others would deem as right/correct.

And yet, you demonstrate that you can quote, but you don't read or understand, so I will say it again.

You feel the need to insinuate that I am illiterate and have a lack of understanding? Does that make you feel better belittling me? Just because I am asking you a few questions?

I understand that being a officer is sometimes tough. I understand that sometime you guys have to make quick decisions. I understand and respect that.

But don't you see how that a suspects rights can be easily disregarded? I think that LE should take that into close consideration. Our rights should not be so easily ignored.

But I guess I am too much of a dumb-azz for thinking that, officer?

What did the Police do in Katrina? Here watch this...The untold story of gun confiscation after Hurricane Katrina » The Right Scoop -

Please watch this video!!!!!
Many of the police refused to act on that order and the few that were willing were to busy shooting civilians from a bridge. It fell back on the national guard. And at least one company refused those orders. But unfortunately the governor is cut from the same cloth as the president. No matter what political party they come from. They all value 'order' more so than other peoples freedom. Like a crayon from a crayola box. They go bonkers when one isn't placed back in the box. They dont value freedom they value control.

father of four: You feel the need to insinuate that I am illiterate and have a lack of understanding? Does that make you feel better belittling me? Just because I am asking you a few questions?

I understand that being a officer is sometimes tough. I understand that sometime you guys have to make quick decisions. I understand and respect that.

But don't you see how that a suspects rights can be easily disregarded? I think that LE should take that into close consideration. Our rights should not be so easily ignored.

But I guess I am too much of a dumb-azz for thinking that, officer?

Nah. Call it frustration.

You seem to want to paint all law enforcement based on your own filtered glasses.

That's OK. We all have them. We all see things based on our own values/experiences - in other words, filtered glasses.

Your perceptions - are your perceptions, and it is unlikely that we will agree.

I did not write the above to insult you or demean you. It's how you perceive it.

I was trying to drive home a specific point. Nothing more.

For the record, and to keep this thread more on topic:

I wholeheartedly agree with Josh's letter. I thought he did an outstanding job stating his position and not being baited into the POS reporters (word used very loosely) traps.

I'm proud of him.

Like him, I won't register my fire arms either.

I hope the NRA has contacted Josh, He would be a great average American speaker for our cause, calm and cool under fire. I too will not register and am telling my wife to hide all her paperclips !

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top