JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Geeze swoop, have a lot of cash invested in Kahr's? Sound a little overly defensive.......:huh:

I guess so, but I would also defend Colt, S&W, and others if someone wants to bash the brand that doesn't even own one. When at the range last week the guy next to me was having trouble with his taurus. He asked me to look at it and as I did noticed that it was in need of a good cleaning. Now I don't own a Taurus, but wouldn't come on here beating up the brand, and calling it a death trap knowing that several members here do own them and like them. You would have to look at earlier posts to see what I mean.

Usually the failure you're describing is what happens when the slide release lever is improperly installed by the user. The little spring needs to be on top of the slide stop. I'll bet it's below and causing problems.

I have it happen to me before. I field stripped the handgun and assembly it back with careless caused my gun to jamn every other round.

I posted this because I just happened to come on it and it was interesting.

I have a step brother who was changing his night sites on his glock 45 and I don't know the details but it was loaded and went off and had a 45 go through his foot......And to add to the story he is a cop and was at the station when it happened. I can't imagine his cop buddies let him forget it.

I've never had any experience with Kahrs, I have a Beretta 92FS had it for about 6 years maybe a couple thousand rounds through it, not one problem.
I love it, However, not too great for concealed carry. I'm not a big guy and my lady doesn't like when I wear baggy clothes.

When I find some more money somewhere I'm going to be in the market for a smaller handgun.

Another possible source of FTE problems in Kahrs is that some of their models have an ejection port that is shorter than the casings that are ejected through them, so that timing problems from bad ammo or maintenance issues can catch up with them faster than more service-oriented pistols that are meant to be used and abused more.

That said, nothing like that would explain an accidental discharge from dropping a DAO pistol. Anyone want to bet he was re-holstering it with his finger inside the trigger guard? The only other thing I can think of is a dangerously shortened trigger pull.

Some threads refuse to die!
graveyard_12.jpg

My one and only kahr, a mk9, has been flawless. I took it on a trade for a glock thinking I would just trade it off as it was a deal well in my favor. After shooting it and carrying it a bit I kind of became fond of it. Years later now it is still one of my main cc pieces. Haters will hate.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top