Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Man shoots self in knee

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by dragonsden73, Feb 5, 2009.

1. dragonsden73

dragonsden73 Salem, Oregun Active Member

Can you say Waterboy????

Man taken to hospital after shooting self in knee

February 5, 2009

A Salem man was taken to the hospital this afternoon after he shot himself in the knee with a pistol, officials said.

Matthew Maceira, 29, was cleaning the 40 caliber semi-automatic handgun in his home in the 4200 block of Nina Ave SE at about 2:30 p.m., Salem police Cpl. Larrey Owens said.

Maceira had not removed the weapon’s magazine, and the gun fired and hit his left knee, Owens said. Police think the shooting was accidental.

Maceira was wearing a brace on his knee at the time of the shooting, Owens said. His two children, who arrived home from school soon after the incident, remain in the care of family while Maceira is being treated at Salem Hospital.

No one else was injured.

2. pr787lv

pr787lv somewhere in the NW Member

Where did you get this from? Adding link always helps!

Why is this relevant? You got to wonder... Darn news people!

3. dragonsden73

dragonsden73 Salem, Oregun Active Member

Statesmanjournal.com

4. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

Let's see, I'll clean my .40 with one in the tube and loaded mag. Was it the state hospital they sent him to? :confused:

5. ZeroRing

ZeroRing 26th District, WA Active Member

No kidding! Wouldn't you think the first step to "cleaning" any weapon would be to "clean" all of those pesky unfired boolits out of it?? :nuts:

6. shooter

shooter Ridgefield Member

It's scary how absent minded some individuals are with their firearms! At least he wasn't showing his children how to properly handle and clean a firearm. My daughter loves to watch and help me wipe down the guns when I'm cleaning them. It's always a great opportunity to talk to her about firearms.

7. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

A friend of mine was attending the FBI firearms course at Quantico when one student arrived late for the classroom session.
    The instructor asked if the student's pistol was unloaded and was advised, no it wasn't.
    "Go outside and empty your weapon, then." The student left the classroom.

BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM.

They all went outside to see what was going on. There was the student, with his gun's slide locked back and brass all around him on the sidewalk.

True story. End of course for that applicant.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  8. tyghguy

tyghguy Milwaukie Member

I know A guy who gut shot himself I always thought he was an idiot and that confirmed it for me I never went hunting with him again

9. Mutoman

Mutoman North Bend Active Member

Natural Selection.

10. wakeadrian

wakeadrian Beaverton Member

:laugh::laugh: