JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Did he get convicted??

Yes, he currently resides on death row
and spends 23 hours a day in solitary. Unfortunately he seems to have shot
a nice cop too, which is too bad for the rest of the city.
this took place in 2011

After reading some of the comments it looks like the shooter was goaded by his neighbor, who seems to have
caused him trouble in the past. This time, instead of just getting hassled I guess he finished the whole problem off.

Neither the dead cop nor the chief, who told the cop to "shoot the dog(s)" had any real reason to have been trespassing on
this man's property, other than, Of course Any Cop can come & hassle anyone at Anytime, Anywhere in America
Good Job, now cops know for sure that a hassled American can & will shoot them, when pushed too far

Man, did a clown in a cop suit traumatize a bunch of you when you were kids? :s0114:

The fact the he's a cop only matters at trial... That's kind of the point.

I don't care if it's a cop, batman, or jesus himself... You try to hurt my dog, I'll do anything in my power to stop you.

I think one of the commenters on the video described the hypocrisy accurately:

If you shoot a police dog you are charged with murdering a police officer, just as if you shot a human.

If they are going to apply logic to their on canines, expect people to react in kind

Had it been a civilian screaming "shoot the dogs" and drawing their weapons on a police k9, the officers would have shot to kill. Their only punishment would have been the standard paid vacation during the "investigation" and high fives upon their return.

I feel the same way about my dogs - as a matter of fact I once stepped in front of a speeding car to make sure one of my dogs didn't get hit (and also to get the jerk to slow down in a neighborhood with kids). I just am surprised at the vitriol against all police.

I feel the same way about my dogs - as a matter of fact I once stepped in front of a speeding car to make sure one of my dogs didn't get hit (and also to get the jerk to slow down in a neighborhood with kids). I just am surprised at the vitriol against all police.

I don't have a problem with all police, not even most police.

I just have a problem with someone/anyone trying to kill my dog.
It would be one thing if it were out and about, attacking people. But the dogs were locked up on private property.

The chief is the one who I hold responsible, personally. Of all of the ways to contact a person inside of a house, his default reaction was to kill the dogs so that the officer could knock on the door and do an interview.
A phone call sure would have been easier. A call to the number registered to the home, asking the owner to put the dogs up and come outside for a chat sure would be a great place to start. No phone? No problem! They have ways to get your attention inside your home. Sure, a bullhorn, sirens, and flashing lights would have been annoying, but nobody would have died.

All of that may seem like overkill... but it's a light hearted and tame reaction compared to actually killing something

Good Job, now cops know for sure that a hassled American can & will shoot them, when pushed too far
I'd still rather be free and hassled than on death row over a dog. I am no longer a dog owner but I can empathize, but not to the degree of idealism it would take to kill a human over one.

I suppose I'll get flamed for this, but I have read time and time again about people who are so attached and protective of their dogs that they would kill for them, and I'll just never be able to understand that.

I'm not a dog person but I can appreciate and respect the companionship and love pets afford. On the other hand they are not people. A very good friend of mine once told me that his dog meant more to him than most kids do to their parents. When he had kids several years later he realized that as much as he loved his dog, the dog never even really came close to how much he loves his kids.

I believe that modern police training says that officer safety is paramount, and dogs are completely expendable. I think that some officers take that to mean that if a dog growls at them, it's time for some target practice. Sure, there are some cops like that, but not all of them by any stretch. There are a lot of good officers that pour their lives into a tough job, dealing with the scum of the earth day in and day out, and still keeping a good attitude. I really think they deserve respect and support, not to be lumped in with the jerks.

Office point a stun gun to the dogs! Come one guys! I know some of us have "issues" with authority, and consider their pets "family" (as I do) but, but, but.... sheesh! Gosh darn!!! The cop, despite what some may think or feel about them, is still a human being.

I can't wrap my mind around the justification and support that a shotgun blast to the back of the head is getting from some here. Could the situation been handled better? Likely. But to call this a good shoot is deplorable.

I have known people that have nothing in their life but their dog. Kill their dog and you are killing most of what is left of their feelings or humanity. But the truth is that is we all are living in a clandestine police state. Adjustments and sacrifices have to be made once you come to terms with that fact.

Things like not strutting around with a rifle on your shoulder because it is your 'right' or leaving your dog roaming free - even on your own property - when you have expectations of a reoccurring police visit.

People need to stop acting like they are free to do whatever they please and instead buck up to the reality of their surroundings.

I have known people that have nothing in their life but their dog. Kill their dog and you are killing most of what is left of their feelings or humanity. But the truth is that is we all are living in a clandestine police state. Adjustments and sacrifices have to be made once you come to terms with that fact.

Cops need to stop acting like they are free to do whatever they please and instead buck up to the reality of their surroundings.

There Ya go, I fixed it

I can't wrap my mind around the justification and support that a shotgun blast to the back of the head is getting from some here. Could the situation been handled better? Likely. But to call this a good shoot is deplorable.

You're right, it should be treated equally and fairly. So just like the cops that shot the newspaper ladies..... the shooter in the story above should have received 2 weeks paid vacation, and the police department can sue him for the cost of hiring a new officer, but payment shall come from the tax payers, not the shooter. Just as its done when a cop makes a mistake and wrongly shoots someone.

It sounds like the domestic disturbance wasn't even necessarily at the shooter's house. In that case the cop should have left and came back with a warrant for the right place or go around to the right place. Just said he ended up at the back of Hitcho's house. Need more details but cops are going to win in court 90% of the time.

Brutus Out

Office point a stun gun to the dogs!

If I hear "shoot the dogs" and see someone draw a pistol shaped object from a holster on their belt, I'm not going to wait for a trigger pull to find out if it's a stun gun or not. Neither would any officer worth a damn.

I know some of us have "issues" with authority

It's not an authority issue. The badge is inconsequential.

...is still a human being.

I guess therein lies the difference. There are many human beings that don't deserve to live, despite their genus.
Being a homo sapien doesn't automatically make you superior or above retribution in my eyes.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top