JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

IMG_0406.JPG IMG_0407.JPG

Last Edited:
Can anyone tell me how many rifling grooves Remington machine into these barrels?
I know nothing about metalurgy, but it struck me that as the barrel has split into 5 or 6 segments, was there a weakness machined into the barrel, perhaps with the dept of the rifling at the breach end?

Can anyone tell me how many rifling grooves Remington machine into these barrels?
I know nothing about metalurgy, but it struck me that as the barrel has split into 5 or 6 segments, was there a weakness machined into the barrel, perhaps with the dept of the rifling at the breach end?

I doubt it very much. Remington have made countless millions of barrels over the last 165 years. My bet is that the detonation - because that is what it was - took advantage of the least lines of resistance.

tac

The result allows the shooter to load up to 200 grains of powder for increased range, energy, and on-gameperformance. Particularly, using 200 grains of convenient <broken link removed> ,

120 gr of bp in a 7 lb muzzleloader is enough for this cowboy. 200 gr, not me brother.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top