JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

IMG_0406.JPG IMG_0407.JPG

Last Edited:
Can anyone tell me how many rifling grooves Remington machine into these barrels?
I know nothing about metalurgy, but it struck me that as the barrel has split into 5 or 6 segments, was there a weakness machined into the barrel, perhaps with the dept of the rifling at the breach end?

Can anyone tell me how many rifling grooves Remington machine into these barrels?
I know nothing about metalurgy, but it struck me that as the barrel has split into 5 or 6 segments, was there a weakness machined into the barrel, perhaps with the dept of the rifling at the breach end?

I doubt it very much. Remington have made countless millions of barrels over the last 165 years. My bet is that the detonation - because that is what it was - took advantage of the least lines of resistance.

tac

The result allows the shooter to load up to 200 grains of powder for increased range, energy, and on-gameperformance. Particularly, using 200 grains of convenient <broken link removed> ,

120 gr of bp in a 7 lb muzzleloader is enough for this cowboy. 200 gr, not me brother.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top