JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Strum Ruger to be the world's largest manufacturer of diversity flags in one year; unprofitable and out of business in two.

does it have "the shoulder thingy that goes up?"
Yes!, And and it comes in the same evil black as ARs, has ghost ring sights so its steals the soul of anyone who is shot with it, and 5 stock length of pull adjustments so anyone from a child soldier to a Giant can carry it onto the battlefields of suburbia.

So instead of wishing them out of business without a trial, what does Ruger actually say?

corpbrandvideo_v8.png

... While I enjoy drinking beer, that's not what I am talking about. I am referring to the explosion of "craft" or "micro" breweries in the past few decades. Is it possible that the decline of the few mammoth, conglomerate owned firearms manufactures could give rise to smaller, more agile, and higher quality manufactures? ...

Absolutely possible as the price barrier of CNC machines drops and/or as printing in metal becomes more attainable to mere mortals. CNC will likely get there first, at least for aluminum. Watching this 5 axis tabletop machine that only runs about $5k (probably closer to $7k with everything necessary Home ), is like watching poetry in motion (scale it up to an 8" envelope and it could build handgun frames and rifle receivers):

Here's a method of printing metal with roots in injection molded metal parts, but they don't list the price of the machine -- must be a lot -- but very cool: High Strength 3D Printing – Markforged :

And here's some guys from Renton WA with an interesting idea much closer to a DIY ethos -- many of the 3d metal printer's parts are obviously 3D printed in plastic -- it won't always be true that printing in metal takes $100k or so:

Or there is print and cast -- probably not viable even for small scale commercial, but for people who want to do a zero percent whatever:

I own lotsa Rugers. They are great production firearms, very reliable, well made.

BTW, be careful guys and gals... this is a transparent effort to entrap gun makers. An official "report" leaves them open to a bunch of legal harrassment and manuevering by opposition.

My safety report would say: "Made firearm, test fired and it went bang. Never goes bang when it's not supposed to go bang. Eat dirt!"

This bunch from the east coast is bringing up "Smart Guns" again... the worst idea ever!!!!! Witness air bag failures, etc. Smartphone problems. Computer glitches and locking up. "Blue screen of death" to take on a whole new meaning!!!!!!!!

Last Edited:
So instead of wishing them out of business without a trial, what does Ruger actually say?

View attachment 458692

Thanks for posting that. After some folks went 'flame on' against Ruger over a decision they didn't make, it's important to remind everyone to get both sides before kicking someone to the curb. I have several Ruger firearms and I will continue to support them so long as they take the stand they did in that press release. That is the kind of manufacturers we need - those unwilling to bow to pressure from investors, politicians, etc.

As to those saying Ruger is 'meh' in terms of quality - I am a bit confused by that. The Mark series pistols have been, and continue to be some of the best .22lr pistols on the market - my absolute favorite .22 pistol is my Ruger MKIII Target - and it will be the first one to wear my new suppressor when it comes in. And what about the GP100 and SP101 - great revolvers - solid, well made, reliable. And let's not forget the iconic 10/22, including the more recent addition of the takedown model. And, from all indications, their foray back into pistol caliber carbines is going well too. The P series pistols were my first jump into semi-auto pistols - I owned my P89 for almost 20 years - rock solid and reliable, if a bit heavy.

So I'm not sure why the animosity toward Ruger - seems to me they're making a commitment to stand firmly on our side. And for that reason, I will continue to give them my business. The ire should be pointed at the people using back-door tactics to try and force Ruger either out of business or to limit them to single-shot .22lr rifles that scare the anti-gun lunatics just a bit less. My hat is off to Ruger for standing up to this attempt at taking them down.

"Religious investor activists" sponsored the resolution....

Sounds like another round of ecumenical end time rainbow flag waving worshipers of the antichrist using their 'non gender specific people of the cloth' status to gain traction for thier agenda. :rolleyes:

I understand the hatred for Bill Ruger, but don't punish the children for the sins of the father.

Ruger is one of the few companies that actually listen to their customers, and they have come a long way from the days of Bill Ruger.

Everyone knows about the Mini-14/30 and the bricks they called handguns, as well as their ubiquitous hunting rifles, but look at what they have done over the last decade.

Small handguns for concealed carry (LCP, LCR, LC9) with constant improvements over the years.

Mid-sized handguns (SR9, American 9, Security 9) at affordable prices.

.22 handguns for plinking or competition (MK II/III/IV, SR22, Charger), available with threaded barrels and picatiny rails.

Classic revolver designs (Blackhawk, Super Blackhawk, Super Redhawk, GP100, Vaquero).

New or revised revolver designs (LCR, 4" SP101, .22LR SP101, .357 Redhawk).

Tactical rifles (Mini-14/30, SR-556, AR-556, even bare AR-15 receivers).

Modern hunting rifles (Ruger American, American Ranch, & American Predator), in modern calibers, many of which are threaded and now use AR-15 magazines.

Ruger Precision Rifle (Centerfire & Rimfire).

Rimfire Rifles (10/22, 10/22 Takedown, Ruger American Rimfire), many of which are threaded.

PC-9 PCC, with threaded barrel, picatiny rail, and the option to use Glock magazines.

Suppressors! Seriously, they have their own suppressor line!

As I said in the beginning, Ruger has come a long way from the days of Bill Ruger. The current company should be praised for the changes they have made, not punished for the mistakes their founder made.

Name any other firearm company in recent history that has brought out so many new, exciting, and affordable offerings. Go ahead, I'll wait...

:s0146:

Last Edited:
^^^ This!

I own or have owned... two Ruger M77 rifles of good quality. The current one in .308 I have worked over the trigger and it is pretty darn good for a factory rifle.

Two Ruger 10/22... The most popular .22lr rifle ever made. I got it at a yard sale all rusted and beat up for $30, put a heavy barrel on it, a kevlar stock, a trigger group, and a new buffer made from plastic dowel. Easy peasy. The only thing left to do is put in a new reconfigured bolt release.

A Ruger Bearcat .22 - a very popular revolver of high quality.

A Ruger SR9c - made with Glock trigger parts licensed from Glock. Great little carry pistol of high quality, and surprisingly accurate, that goes bang every time!! I worked over the trigger on this one also.

The Ruger Blackhawk is extremely popular and in .44Mag is a common hunting or woods gun.

The Ruger .556 is known to be one of the most reliable production ARs out there.

*The popular Mini 14 was known to have less accuracy than an AR. Oh well, buy a new PCC.

Remember... if "they" can do this to Ruger, they can do it to ANY gun maker!!!!!

The only Ruger I ever owned and didn't enjoy 100% was my Mini-14, and only because of it's poor accuracy. Otherwise, I really, really liked that rifle.

I think what we are seeing is a new strategy that I would bet has a money trail that can be followed to the usual suspects. Using their clout as financiers they can purchase firearms companies and either put them out of business or force them to follow the agenda. I'm surprised that it hasn't already happened to financially struggling Remington and Colt.

We need to identify investors who are both good at what they do and not politically motivated to move our own investments to and defund these tyrants as much as possible and then encourage them to make wise investments in companies like Ruger.

The only Ruger I ever owned and didn't enjoy 100% was my Mini-14, and only because of it's poor accuracy. Otherwise, I really, really liked that rifle.

I think what we are seeing is a new strategy that I would bet has a money trail that can be followed to the usual suspects. Using their clout as financiers they can purchase firearms companies and either put them out of business or force them to follow the agenda. I'm surprised that it hasn't already happened to financially struggling Remington and Colt.

We need to identify investors who are both good at what they do and not politically motivated to move our own investments to and defund these tyrants as much as possible and then encourage them to make wise investments in companies like Ruger.

Still own my Mini-14 and still really like the rifle. Certainly not the most accurate, though with the Accu-strut installed, it helps.

Next thing......
The share holders will demand that Ruger produce their firearms with a "Hillary Hole." You know.......in tribute to that brave warrior who stood up against the NRA.

Cant_fix_stupid.jpg

Aloha, Mark

ALL of my Ruger firearms have been as good as any other production weapons, were less expensive, and had many if not all the upgrades included in the box! With out exception, all have been reliable, accurate, and well made. The fit and finish on all but 1 was top shelf, and I knew what I was getting with the one that had issues! When I bought my MK-IV .22 pistol, they had taken my beloved MK series and fixed the one thing that always drove MK owners mad, and when the safety recall came out on my pistol, Ruger wasted no time fixing it and returning it to me even better and thanked me for my time and my trust! That's The mark of a good company, how they stand up FOR their customers after the sale, not like some others who couldn't give a chit! In the past, I ha e been a fan of Winchester and Remington rifles, both have has serious issues in quality and warranty claims, and for the premium price, I was sad to see these once mighty giants brought low by corrption and greed, I have sence happily run my several Ruger M77 series rifles and they have not only matched the reputation of the others, they have exceeed them by a noticeble amount! I'm proud of my M77s, just as proud of a pre 64 Winchester Mod 70 Safari, my Mod 70 classic, and my Mod 54 and Mod 52! I'm equally proud of how well my Ruger fair against such lofty rifles as the 700 CDL classic, and 721 and 722s I own and especially my M40 and 40Xs, not to mention my classic 512, and my 541T-HB! My Rugers have all but replaced these fine old classics, and my Ruger get used often! I only wish I had a RED LABLE .12 gau with 28 inch barrels:(

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads