JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok, so I am seeing alot of debate about the Magpul PTS (Practice,Training,Simulation) parts and was wondering if anyone here in the real world has put this "so called" airsoft stuff on a real weapon and what did you think?
I realize that the AR purist is reading this and scoffing but some of us are not building battle rifles or zombie guns. I know that the PTS stuff isnt the same plastics as the MOE but is Magpuls lower shelf stuff better than alot of others top shelf?
I really dont intend to put the PTS stuff on my personal AR project although $15.00 sights Vs.$90.00 for MOE is tempting.

Has anyone bought this stuff and checked it out?

Last Edited:
The reason it is cheap is:

1: flimsy - sights will not hold zero
2: not heat resistant resin, can melt

Great for an airsoft gun but I would stick away from it for an AR/AK

I handled a set of the sights at a gun show - not impressed! One of the hinge pins started walking itself out after opening and closing the sight 2 or 3 times. If I owned an airsoft gun I would not them on it, let alone a real rifle. I'd search the classifieds and find a real set and avoid the headache.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top