JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok, so I am seeing alot of debate about the Magpul PTS (Practice,Training,Simulation) parts and was wondering if anyone here in the real world has put this "so called" airsoft stuff on a real weapon and what did you think?
I realize that the AR purist is reading this and scoffing but some of us are not building battle rifles or zombie guns. I know that the PTS stuff isnt the same plastics as the MOE but is Magpuls lower shelf stuff better than alot of others top shelf?
I really dont intend to put the PTS stuff on my personal AR project although $15.00 sights Vs.$90.00 for MOE is tempting.

Has anyone bought this stuff and checked it out?

Last Edited:
The reason it is cheap is:

1: flimsy - sights will not hold zero
2: not heat resistant resin, can melt

Great for an airsoft gun but I would stick away from it for an AR/AK

I handled a set of the sights at a gun show - not impressed! One of the hinge pins started walking itself out after opening and closing the sight 2 or 3 times. If I owned an airsoft gun I would not them on it, let alone a real rifle. I'd search the classifieds and find a real set and avoid the headache.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top