JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They have grown but a bit but like bkb0000 said, the worse thing they could say is no. if the Auto CAD file is done, its throwing down some nice 7075 billet blanks and milling them out. We could ask for a special serial number that begins with NF or NWFA for Northwest firearms IE...NWFA-00020. what harm is there is we could send a letter with 20 or more people willing to buy with each of us laying down a deposit. I would love to crank out somthing out of my shop that could gross $10,000+ in a day or two.

Sorry for bringing up this post, but I just had to. No way I am spending the $$ listed early in the thread, but I can model pretty good and have friends with the right equipment & licenses.

My question is on the right side of the receiver, anybody have a part # for the ambi bolt hold back, or is it something I would need to make myself? For some reason this lower has always had a special place in my heart for it. Any assistance would be appreciated, and not sure if they are patented or not, but I would only be updating the design a bit and making for myself. Not trying to be rude, but don't want to have to deal with a patent lawyer and if there is one on here, then I am just looking for a non-functional replica. Mods, ALL laws would be obeyed if I decide to go forward with this project, nothing even close to a gray area.
Thanks in advance,
Bob

pix238081097-picsay.jpg

Not sure what a lower billet is? If it's the lower portion of an AR action, then no way! I have a complete Bushy rifle, and one built with a Spike lower and Bull Barrel upper of another brand. Love to play with both, but would never pay that kind of price for any lower unit. All seem to be and within limits and tolerances are within limits regardless of manufacturer.

A "billet" is just a rectangular block of metal which is carved on the inside and outside by a CNC machine. A forged lower also starts as a block of metal that is pressed into the external shape (this is forging) and then carved on a CNC to complete. Opinions vary on which is better and the ways in which each is better.

Here's an overview in which forged is claimed to be stronger:

Here's an example of CNC machining (maker claims billet is stronger):

Sorry for bringing up this post, but I just had to. No way I am spending the $$ listed early in the thread, but I can model pretty good and have friends with the right equipment & licenses.

My question is on the right side of the receiver, anybody have a part # for the ambi bolt hold back, or is it something I would need to make myself? For some reason this lower has always had a special place in my heart for it. Any assistance would be appreciated, and not sure if they are patented or not, but I would only be updating the design a bit and making for myself. Not trying to be rude, but don't want to have to deal with a patent lawyer and if there is one on here, then I am just looking for a non-functional replica. Mods, ALL laws would be obeyed if I decide to go forward with this project, nothing even close to a gray area.
Thanks in advance,
Bob

View attachment 726347

I really can't tell if you're referring to the lower or the bolt catch?

The lower is just that, and you can pick them up in a lot of places. Some are made and designed with an ambi-bolt catch in mind, like the one above or this one: SP223 Gen2 Billet Lower Logo

If your lower is of a more traditional make, then there are aftermarket parts to install an ambi: https://www.tacticalbubblegum.com/two-best-ambidextrous-bolt-release-options/

Personally, I like the way Phase5 does it, but to each their own. My experience with ARs is also very, very limited compared to others on this board.

I really can't tell if you're referring to the lower or the bolt catch?

The lower is just that, and you can pick them up in a lot of places. Some are made and designed with an ambi-bolt catch in mind, like the one above or this one: SP223 Gen2 Billet Lower Logo

If your lower is of a more traditional make, then there are aftermarket parts to install an ambi: https://www.tacticalbubblegum.com/two-best-ambidextrous-bolt-release-options/

Personally, I like the way Phase5 does it, but to each their own. My experience with ARs is also very, very limited compared to others on this board.
Sorry, the bolt catch
Bob

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class