JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I love Noveske and really dig Magpul but I need to know if ANYONE here would pay $3000 dollars for a lower??? I really would take a couple Mega billet lowers first.

see Auction # 224987275 at Guns - Online Gun Auction - Guns for Sale at GunBroker.com "MAGPUL MPL SPR Limited Edition Lower AR15/Noveske"

pix936336991.jpg

pix238081097.jpg

Not sure what a lower billet is? If it's the lower portion of an AR action, then no way! I have a complete Bushy rifle, and one built with a Spike lower and Bull Barrel upper of another brand. Love to play with both, but would never pay that kind of price for any lower unit. All seem to be and within limits and tolerances are within limits regardless of manufacturer.

I remember seeing these billet lowers on Arfcom years ago. Magpul only made so many of them but I remember hearing that people could get them for $500 and others thought they were crazy for paying that. now 3K is insane. How big of a wannabe fanboi would you have to be to pay that! wow...

My DPMS was a buck fifty and with the Stag upper (the important part) I'm seeing sub MOA in it's future.

my peen doesn't need a $3k lower as much as it needs $3k in other weapons or toys
That's like 3 sub MOA rifles or ARs,or 2 SBEs,or 4-6 really nice handguns

or $800 into a nice AR and $2200 into a nice little fishing boat

A great AR and a Nightforce scope?

I'm telling you,it won't make your weener any bigger or get you any more dates....with girls

I remember seeing these billet lowers on Arfcom years ago. Magpul only made so many of them but I remember hearing that people could get them for $500 and others thought they were crazy for paying that. now 3K is insane. How big of a wannabe fanboi would you have to be to pay that! wow...

wannabes dream, for sure... but also guys who simply have a lot of disposable income and a desire for bragging rights. if i owned one of these, it'd be the most beat up lower i have, cuz it'd probably be the only one i'd use.

i despise fanboyism. the beards, the patches, the costa worship, the KAC and S&B, the tens of thousands dumped into HSLD training that apparently doesn't actually make you a better or faster gunfighter.... PUKE.

but this lower is pretty badass.

i despise fanboyism. the beards, the patches, the costa worship, the KAC and S&B, the tens of thousands dumped into HSLD training that apparently doesn't actually make you a better or faster gunfighter.... PUKE.

but this lower is pretty badass.

I also think fanboys are a bit goofy, but I disagree about the training. Any training is worth it. If its bad information, it at least teaches you ways not to do something. High speed, low drag training tends to attract a lot of mall ninjas, but you can always see past it and get nuggets of information to use...

I also think fanboys are a bit goofy, but I disagree about the training. Any training is worth it. If its bad information, it at least teaches you ways not to do something. High speed, low drag training tends to attract a lot of mall ninjas, but you can always see past it and get nuggets of information to use...

i'm not just talking about training. i'm talking specifically about dumping tens of thousands into HSLD training that apparently doesn't improve your gunfighting ability. if you catch my drift.

personally- in all my years of tactical/practical shooting, i've never attended a single civilian training course. would i benefit from it? possibly... but i consistently out-shoot guys who've spent a LOT of money on training.. i just haven't yet gotten to a point where i think i'm walled out. i find problems with my shooting, and i work on them.. consult respected shooting colleagues, and work it out.

this has, over the years, gradually convinced me that spending a lot of money on civilian, non-LEO training is, basically, a waste. i think the same $2,500 spent in tuition, gasoline, lodging, and food could be spent on AMMO and a few sessions with your local training group, and probably to greater effect. if you hit a wall, spend $150-$300 for some personal coaching from a competent instructor.

-just my opinion-

One thing is for certain.. natural ability trumps training

But it must be proven in the real world with fists or bullets flying for it to mean anything

As Bruce Lee once said in a movie after the "bad guy" breaks a pine board...

Boards don't hit back

how hard would it be to ask john at Noveski with a few kind words to have him make a lower just like that, Noveske made it, i would'nt mind one just like it but with the iron cross emblem, is'nt it like a 40 minC anyways. I would pay $500, maybe $600, BUT NO MORE THAN THAT, for one. I really love oregon guns!!! I would sell my vintage WWII Omega officers watch for that, and have a little room left over to buy an upper. Magpul makes good products most of the time but i have never heard anyone complain about Noveske unless it was about turnaround time. Would it not be great if 20 of us or more asked for a custom order of custom lowers that were only available to members of Northwest Arms. A $10,000 dollar order for 20 custom lowers. I have seen others do things like this on AR-15. c o m. hey, its food for thought... I know they have an Auto CAD already done for one, i have seen it in their new catalog (page 4).
How many of you WOULD be interested if it could happen? I WOULD DO IT !

how hard would it be to ask john at Noveski with a few kind words to have him make a lower just like that, Noveske made it, i would'nt mind one just like it but with the iron cross emblem, is'nt it like a 40 minC anyways. I would pay $500, maybe $600 for one. I really love oregon guns!!!

it'd be super easy to ask him... and it'd be just as easy for him to say "no."

but if you're really willing to pay bucks, there's certainly no harm in calling. they used to do custom work, then they stopped... i have no idea if they are now or not, but they're not the little known shop in the south of oregon they used to be.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top