JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was wondering the same thing. Don't see any news articles. Did find this article on how the proposed AWB is worse than last time around: Republicans Agree to Vote on the Left's New Gun and Magazine Bans! - Conservative Daily

From that article:
"And just like the other bill, Republicans turncoats are jumping on board to help the Left push it through. Rep. Peter King (R-NY) became the first House Republican to formally attach his name to the Assault Weapons Ban of 2019 last week.. But Reps. Fred Upton (R-MI), Brian Mast (R-FL), Mike Turner (R-OH) have also announced that they will vote for the bill. In the Senate, we are hearing that even more Republicans are considering Feinstein's gun ban bill.
The GOP is negotiating away your 2nd Amendment rights!"

Light up their phones:

Pete King (NY): (202) 225-7896
Fred Upton (MI): (202) 225-3761
Brian Mast (FL): 202-225-3026
Mike Turner (OH): (202) 225-6465
Adam Smith (NJ): (202) 225-8901 (he's listed in article below)

Another article, written 9/03/2019, says the Rs are offering a "voluntary" buy-back as a "compromise". I can't tell for sure, but this one may be a mandatory confiscation bill:

Well in anticipation of Senate Republicans caving to being afraid they won't be elected again in 2020 and Trump being unwilling to veto new anti gun laws even though he lied about "the attack on the second amendment stops here" I bought more PMAGs and a couple 12 rounders for one of my handguns. Now the biggest thing for me is I need to come up with money to buy 5 AR uppers before a new AWB and I want to buy a Ruger American Pro 9mm with the 17 round mags prior to a new Mag ban.... Effing lame.

I find the present situation absolutely surreal. We've gone from laughing off gun confiscation proposals from Swallwell et. al. as primary bravado just a few months ago, to apparently the very real possibility of a new and extremely severe AWB.

So the lesson is, we need a permanent hurricane over WA DC.
Or for our friendly neighbors to the north to Party Like It's 1814 again... except that their Ladyboy-in-Chief Turdeau ain't got the huevos for anything beyond simpering limp-wristery. Rather reminiscent of one Robert Francis O'Rourke, actually...

I find the present situation absolutely surreal. We've gone from laughing off gun confiscation proposals from Swallwell et. al. as primary bravado just a few months ago, to apparently the very real possibility of a new and extremely severe AWB.

I know. This is a horrible nightmare. All my research last year of Progressive Youth uprisings of the past is repeating itself. Before you know it they'll be searching houses when people start turning each other in. Oh wait, that's already happening.

I know. This is a horrible nightmare. All my research last year of Progressive Youth uprisings of the past is repeating itself. Before you know it they'll be searching houses when people start turning each other in. Oh wait, that's already happening.
So the game is, start anonymously ratting THEM out, let them experience their own Reign of Terror firsthand...

Gun bans arnt going to do anything , If they get a Idea in their head and want to be in the news there are many ways some much worst than firearms.and of coarse it will make a black market for guns coming into America instead of going out.

Gun bans arnt going to do anything , If they get a Idea in their head and want to be in the news there are many ways some much worst than firearms.and of coarse it will make a black market for guns coming into America instead of going out.
I'm pretty sure there are enough capable tradesmen that we wouldn't need to import... really the AWB just means more crooked money and more FA firearms.

This era is turning into one of those secular moments in gun-owning history. Like the era that produced the 1968 Gun Control Act. Which came about after the assassinations of John Kennedy, Dr. King, Robert Kennedy and a number of major inner city insurrections. We are in another of those eras. Unrelenting mass shootings are the major cause now. The political stars appear to be lining up right for passage of some major piece of legislation. The NRA is in disarray. Public opinion against guns in general is riding high. There isn't much gun owners can do about it. It's like a big boulder rolling down a steep hill. It won't rest until it gets to the bottom of the hill.

IF, and it's a somewhat big if, the proposed "assault" weapons "ban" gets passed with Sen. Feinstein's original proposals, existing such firearms would be grandfathered in. With transfer rights. Which is only a ban on new sales, not a ban on existing stuff. This isn't all bad news. People owning such firearms would see a significant rise in value of same. You sure won't see any $500 AR's languishing in pawn shops. So if you're a gambler, here's your chance. Go out and stock up on cheap AR's now, then wait and see what comes of legislation.

The magazines over 10 rounds would not be grandfathered under existing proposals. You could keep them but they couldn't be legally transferred. Another of those hard to enforce laws, huh? I'd say look to the states to expand on this. But personally, I rarely use anything over a 10 round mag. when shooting the M1A; I don't like that long, heavy mag. sticking out below. I prefer the 10 round. When I shoot AR's, I practically never use a 30 round mag. but I do use the 20's which are about right for me in size. But I rarely load more than 10 rounds in them.

Those 20 round AR mags, I used to see boxes of them in surplus stores for $2 apiece, now they are seldom seen at the gun shows. And never for $2.

IF, and it's a somewhat big if, the proposed "assault" weapons "ban" gets passed with Sen. Feinstein's original proposals, existing such firearms would be grandfathered in. With transfer rights. Which is only a ban on new sales, not a ban on existing stuff. This isn't all bad news. People owning such firearms would see a significant rise in value of same. You sure won't see any $500 AR's languishing in pawn shops. So if you're a gambler, here's your chance. Go out and stock up on cheap AR's now, then wait and see what comes of legislation.

The magazines over 10 rounds would not be grandfathered under existing proposals. You could keep them but they couldn't be legally transferred. Another of those hard to enforce laws, huh? I'd say look to the states to expand on this. But personally, I rarely use anything over a 10 round mag. when shooting the M1A; I don't like that long, heavy mag. sticking out below. I prefer the 10 round. When I shoot AR's, I practically never use a 30 round mag. but I do use the 20's which are about right for me in size. But I rarely load more than 10 rounds in them.

Those 20 round AR mags, I used to see boxes of them in surplus stores for $2 apiece, now they are seldom seen at the gun shows. And never for $2.

Now, I must preface that I may be reading it not entirely how intended...Certainly not trying to challenge one's zeal for the 2A, nor the effort to find some sort of silver lining to an otherwise potential bubblegum outcome.

In some circles, the above might be construed as 'Fudd logic'.

The: "I've got what I prefer/need, so I'm not going to be concerned about preserving the rights of those that might have other preferences/needs.

This self-serving indifference is a big chink in the armor, allowing anti-gunners to take advantage of this complacency in the firearms community. It aids and gives them leverage to push their agenda.

There are those that believe that firearms owners ought to unite together to support one another's rights.

First they came for the SBRs and the Autos, but I didn't speak out because I'm a lever-gun guy...

Then they came for the magazines, but I didn't speak out, because I'm a wheel gun guy....

Then they came for the semi-autos, but I didn't speak out, because I'm a bolt-action guy.

Then they came for the rest of the firearms...and...

As much as I enjoy making a buck, if it were to come at the expense of a further erosion of our rights......

There are those that believe that firearms owners ought to unite together to support one another's rights.

I am one of those.

So I have to strongly disagree. A succesful passing of a new AWB will be ALL BAD NEWS.

The gun-grabbers will never be satisfied until they've achieved their ultimate goal--And that is to completely disarm the public.

We are not to be trusted with our own safety and security.

Last Edited:
... The gun-grabbers will never be satisfied until they've achieved their ultimate goal--And that is to completely disarm the public. ...

I wonder if that is the ultimate goal -- don't misunderstand, I think it is their stated goal and their conscious intention -- what I wonder is about the underlying motives that drive that wish (and let's call it a wish because the reality is, a firearm is a pipe with one end closed, a combustible material, and a lump of something to shoot -- we aren't talking rocket science and there will always be firearms no matter what a person wishes).

Anyway, back on track -- I think a lot of this is driven by people feeling superior to firearm owners. It can feel good to feel superior and righteous, to see others as morons lacking common sense, because while a person is feeling that way they aren't thinking about things in their life that suck (even the things they can actually control). It would also help explain why nothing is ever enough, and as soon as one draconian law is passed, they come back to do it again. They want to experience that feeling of superiority over all the gun toting Trump voting redneck moron ammosexual little dicked big truck driving maniacs, and the only way to get that sort of joy, is to step on gun owners again with more legislation.

... IF, and it's a somewhat big if, the proposed "assault" weapons "ban" gets passed with Sen. Feinstein's original proposals, existing such firearms would be grandfathered in. With transfer rights. Which is only a ban on new sales, not a ban on existing stuff. This isn't all bad news. People owning such firearms would see a significant rise in value of same. You sure won't see any $500 AR's languishing in pawn shops. So if you're a gambler, here's your chance. Go out and stock up on cheap AR's now, then wait and see what comes of legislation. ...

In the spirit of making lemonade, I suppose. But there are other ways to make lemonade, including changes to technology. For example, the Federal law would probably look like WA's law ( RCW 9.41.010: Terms defined. (<i>Effective until July 1, 2019.</i>) ):

(25) "Semiautomatic assault rifle" means any rifle which utilizes a portion of the energy of a firing cartridge to extract the fired cartridge case and chamber the next round, and which requires a separate pull of the trigger to fire each cartridge.

So a rifle which uses an electric motor to operate the bolt is by definition, NOT a semi-auto rifle. One could imagine isolating the hammer from the rest of the guts of a rifle so that when it strikes the area around the firing pin, it closes a circuit which a microprocessor can sense on one of its pins, starts a timer which after an appropriate delay puts an electro-mechanical operating system in motion ejecting the spent cartridge and loading another. The power source to operate such a device could be built into each magazine, or in some part of the stock in such a manner that it is easily swapped. Because none of the energy of the firing cartridge goes into operating the action, it would not be a semi-auto rifle.

There are obvious negatives with something like that, but there are positives too. How much faster -- more energy -- is a 5.56 round when a portion of the energy doesn't get bled off into working the action?

Or another scenario -- what if there is no cartridge? How about a gun where you dump projectiles in one compartment, powder in another, and the mechanism feeds both to the chamber and then electronically detonates it but uses a portion of that energy to cycle the action. If there is no cartridge, or no case to eject, it isn't semi-auto.

Anyway, a bad law is a bad law and I hope to not see it. If it does pass though, I hope the engineers work double time to comply with it, but produce interesting firearms that shoot like a legally defined SA, without being that.

I'm painting my 30 round AK banana clips yellow and leaving them indiscreetly in the fruit bowl and sticking flowers in my standard capacity AR mags. Who hates an interesting vase? No one.

IMG_3523.jpg
buddy of mine did this when the Magpul Sand mags first came out because he always wanted a Banana Clip

Now, I must preface that I may be reading it not entirely how intended...Certainly not trying to challenge one's zeal for the 2A, nor the effort to find some sort of silver lining to an otherwise potential bubblegum outcome.

In some circles, the above might be construed as 'Fudd logic'.

I'd like things in life to stay exactly as they are in perpetuity. I'd like if there were never any more new restrictive gun laws. Are my expectations realistic? Probably not, so I think about what can be salvaged from the wreckage, that's all.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top