JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think the plan is to simply ban anything over 10 rounds. Get seen using a 20 or 30 round mag it gets confiscated, maybe you get fined or misdemeanor beef for your first bust. Subsequent busts get increasing penalties up to felony.

That could (and should) get very dangerous for anyone involved in any part of that process.......

Ray

its all so tiresome....

I am tired of buying out of panic/fear/threats

The smart thing to do is NOT wait till there is a full blown panic going on to buy or try to buy. Before the last election when so many things were hard to buy I often made someone mad. One guy mentioned being at a Wally, they had just gotten in 2 low end AR's. one guy was buying both. He asked the guy if he could buy one and the guy told him sure for 2K. The guy said he wanted to gouge his eyes out. I told him "if you wanted an AR why did you wait till there was a huge shortage going on, then get mad?" He got mad at me. This was repeated many times. I would tell people you have a few choices. Hunt all over waiting for what you want to come in, order it from a place that will let you have the next one in line at normal price, or pay the "going rate". As soon as the election was over and the bottom fell out I often said I am sure many who were all bent out of shape will soon forget and not lay in stuff now. Next panic they will scream again :(:(

The smart thing to do is NOT wait till there is a full blown panic going on to buy or try to buy. Before the last election when so many things were hard to buy I often made someone mad. One guy mentioned being at a Wally, they had just gotten in 2 low end AR's. one guy was buying both. He asked the guy if he could buy one and the guy told him sure for 2K. The guy said he wanted to gouge his eyes out. I told him "if you wanted an AR why did you wait till there was a huge shortage going on, then get mad?" He got mad at me. This was repeated many times. I would tell people you have a few choices. Hunt all over waiting for what you want to come in, order it from a place that will let you have the next one in line at normal price, or pay the "going rate". As soon as the election was over and the bottom fell out I often said I am sure many who were all bent out of shape will soon forget and not lay in stuff now. Next panic they will scream again :(:(

true, but im just tired of it all.

year after year

talks of/bills/laws of Mag bans = tons of AR mags etc bought
talks of/bills/laws of Gun bans = tons of guns to buy/parts etc
talks of/bills/laws of ammo restrictions = buy bulk before its gone and half the times ammos gone from stores.

The competition between grabbers and people with deeper pockets than myself also add to the drain, if its not an anti its some person whose eager to empty the wallet or has a life time savings where buying 5k at a time barely makes a dent. Can't go both ways famalam.

I am just simply tired of falling into a trend where 1 word fear warrants panic purchases. I dunno I just see it as pointless to be hoarding tons of supplies personally. Yes I like a nice stash and supply but no way in hell am I going to continue filling up space and emptying the wallet trying to play keep up an endless supply of grabbers. Not giving up either I am just tired is all.

Don't see a point in having enough mags to supply a battalion if I am just one person whose not greedy looking to sell them after bans go thru for outrageous amounts of money, nor do I see a point in having just an AR and 300+ mags (have at it the rest of you) taking up storage space and muh secret drop locations. Same for ammo, I keep enough to use and just enough to never run dry either. Having tens of thousands I see no point in personally what am I going to do with it all other than get bored and mag dump into a dirt berm?.

Personally would just like it if they eased up and just went back to trying to corn hole the system vs the people tbh.

Last Edited:
Lanbo's Armory has Gen 3 Pmags for around twelve bucks plus shipping. Gotta get five more with windows in MCT ordered for the M4, and find a deal on D&H's for the C8... then start stacking black un-windowed 30's and 40's deep. Oh, and get a few more D60's... because anything some gov pencilpusher doesn't want you to have, you need at LEAST three or four of it.

true, but im just tired of it all.

Mag bans = tons of AR mags etc bought
Gun bans = tons of guns to buy/parts etc
ammo restrictions = buy bulk before its gone and half the times ammos gone from stores.

I am just simply tired of falling into a trend where 1 word fear warrants panic purchases. I dunno I just see it as pointless to be hoarding tons of supplies personally. Yes I like a nice stash and supply but no way in hell am I going to continue filling up space and emptying the wallet trying to play keep up an endless supply of grabbers. Not giving up either I am just tired is all.
LOL, when Trump won and the market crashed I am sure a LOT of people took a bath with things like AR's. With ammo I have LONG kept enough to hold me since I have seen many of these panic shortages. Stuff like .22 ammo is cheap and will outlive buyers. So I always had around 10K of it on hand. So last great panic I had more coming weekly, Wife had no idea for the first couple years that there was a shortage. When she found out she started to panic. I showed her we were siting on 10K, you can shoot all you want any time you want. Don't roll 9mm any more but do keep all the stuff to make it again if I had too. Sits in buckets in the garage. If I die and it's still there kids can sell or give it away. There will surely be another shortage. When it happens I will be happily going to the range weekly just like now. Those who forgot again? Will they can wait it out again <shrug>

@E4mafia I understand where you are coming from, the onslaught against our rights never seems to take a break. As such, I realize just how precious that right is because the other side works that hard to take it away.

Having said that, I've taken a different tact, hardware inventory should be such that you have sufficient for each member of your household to have the essentials, a shotgun, an AR, a semiauto pistol and a revolver. I consider 6-10 magazines as a standard for any auto loading arms and the same in speeloaders for revolvers.

As for ammo, enough that I wouldn't reasonably run out if the SHTF scenario ever occurs. But figure on enough to load out the above inventory and then count on several full reloadings. Today I simply replace whatever I shoot, to maintain inventory levels...

After that, I divert funds to help fight the good fight, NRA, OFF, GOA, SAF... We need to fight these bastardo's and it takes lots of funds to do so... We need to encourage all gun owners to make the Second Amendment the single issue when it comes to voting public officials into office. Then hold their feet tot he fire once they are in.

@E4mafia Brother, you hit the nail on the head. Can't think of how many times I've gone running off to th he LGS or gone online to buy whatever is being threatened with a tax or a ban. Now I'm getting old and wondering what am I going to do with this stuff once I I am too old to carry it or shoot it etc. Do I really need that many guns or that much ammo (Just shy of 2 tons when I moved it up here) and that was after giving a bunch away to stepson, nephew and friends. And yet mag ban and I'm off to the races again. I used to only buy stuff that I thought was interesting but over the last few years in hindsight I see how badly, costly and crazily I was allowing that fear to manipulate me. It's been another "Moment of Clarity " at long last.
No, I'm not giving up shooting by any means but henceforth when some new ban, tax or other outrage against my 2A rights is announced, I'm going into my garage and counting what I already have. That should embarrass me enough to stop panic buying.

@E4mafia I understand where you are coming from, the onslaught against our rights never seems to take a break. As such, I realize just how precious that right is because the other side works that hard to take it away.

Having said that, I've taken a different tact, hardware inventory should be such that you have sufficient for each member of your household to have the essentials, a shotgun, an AR, a semiauto pistol and a revolver. I consider 6-10 magazines as a standard for any auto loading arms and the same in speeloaders for revolvers.

As for ammo, enough that I wouldn't reasonably run out if the SHTF scenario ever occurs. But figure on enough to load out the above inventory and then count on several full reloadings. Today I simply replace whatever I shoot, to maintain inventory levels...

After that, I divert funds to help fight the good fight, NRA, OFF, GOA, SAF... We need to fight these bastardo's and it takes lots of funds to do so... We need to encourage all gun owners to make the Second Amendment the single issue when it comes to voting public officials into office. Then hold their feet tot he fire once they are in.

Thats all I do now is think of myself and the lady. Enough to keep the day going and enough to realistically and reasonably maintain/use between the two plus i've gotta factor in pack weights and the pros/cons of both of us realistically. Plus with my time slinging ammo/pack weights etc I know what I can do however I have to consider someone whose not been trained and broke in that way.

Just enough of the funs/ammo/supplies is how I see it. Just enough to where if I had to mob out and leave it all behind I wouldn't feel like I just left the entire kingdom but more of a oops forgot my wallet at home routine.

As for donating to 2A alphabet soup I do what I can but I certainly won't be a regular patron. I consider many millions of Americans doing this should be enough to help them in court cases etc. What I like is the local level like here with the oregon outdoor council who went up a few years ago and did wonders so I will suppor them instead.

@E4mafia Brother, you hit the nail on the head. Can't think of how many times I've gone running off to th he LGS or gone online to buy whatever is being threatened with a tax or a ban. Now I'm getting old and wondering what am I going to do with this stuff once I I am too old to carry it or shoot it etc. Do I really need that many guns or that much ammo (Just shy of 2 tons when I moved it up here) and that was after giving a bunch away to stepson, nephew and friends. And yet mag ban and I'm off to the races again. I used to only buy stuff that I thought was interesting but over the last few years in hindsight I see how badly, costly and crazily I was allowing that fear to manipulate me. It's been another "Moment of Clarity " at long last.
No, I'm not giving up shooting by any means but henceforth when some new ban, tax or other outrage against my 2A rights is announced, I'm going into my garage and counting what I already have. That should embarrass me enough to stop panic buying.

Thats how I feel. instead of dumping money into the consumerist area why not dump it into legal areas where we can win. Make the correction for the at time issue and then after its done go and play is how I see it. Realistically speaking we did just fine in Afghan with only one M4 and 7 mags per kit, yea we had resupplies to us but I mean honestly we aren't in firefights here we are in political red tape instead tbh.

I don't criticize those who will do this more power to my fellow 2A enthusiasts but as for me I just personally don't see the point in playing keeping up with the jones's when it hasn't gone thru yet after many many many years now.

Personally, as a start I figure one rifle with one combat load in LBE per able-bodied adult in the household, then build out to two combat loads of mags in an ammo-can per, then two to four combat loads worth of stripper clips in another can, then two to four of bulk-ammo in a can per. That's just the "main combat load," not including specialty ammo types. Once I'm up to that, call it a thousand rounds per person for "training and recreational" inventory, once a quarter go out and shoot off the "ready" combat load then replenish pulling forward through the various layers of in-depth stock.

Have a plan to build up to and maintain, and you become less vulnerable to panics. :)

That worked for a while in California till the DOJ started threatening to sue out of state vendors. That stopped the flow of "Repair kits" quickly.
Bottom line on mags right now is: Get them while you can!
Ordered two more 30 rounders last night.

its all so tiresome....

I am tired of buying out of panic/fear/threats

Buy what you and your family shoot on a regular basis. Buy what you can afford to buy.

Don't follow the crowd and buy something that you do not like or will not shoot or use on a regular basis.

Don't panic buy. Buy what you can afford and buy when you can still FIND IT at a reasonable or lower cost.

Don't panic buy - don't panic buy!

And if you can afford to replace what you shoot on a regular basis - do that.

You should always TRY to replace what you shot up/used up immediately and if you can buy 2 boxes of RF ammo instead of just one box since you shot up one box - do that but do not go into debt for anything.

Example to you since I don't know if you personally shoot a lot of RF ammunition as I did in the past.

Learn to reload IF you think that you will enjoy the task and save money by doing this.

Calculate what firearms and ALL calibers that you shoot the MOST and love to shoot the most. Do this with each family member.

KEEP the firearms that you love and shoot the most.

CONSOLIDATE what calibers that you love and shoot the most.

Calculate what you shoot in a year as a total family unit.

I don't know tons about all of the magazines that so many of you buy and sell.

I do know that when my MT husband went down to his Glock pistols and sold ALL of his other handguns in various famous brands, capacities, styles - s/a and d/a revolvers and semi automatic pistols, middle to high prices, custom and factory, etc. BEFORE he retired... I had him get 4 extra magazines for his two matching Glock pistols. I could find them in our local store and they were in the Glock brand so that was his Christmas or birthday (?) gift from me. I called my LOCAL dealer, he set them aside and I sent my husband to the store to get them.

He was looking for a smaller pocket pistol (Exercise time.) and I told him to BUY IT around July 4th so he did that too.

Best wishes to you and do what is BEST FOR YOU not what the crowd does.

And if you do reload, make it easier on yourself and don't LOAD tons at one time unless you compete or plan to shoot up a lot and often. That is HEAVY to move around compared to LOOSE supplies for your reloading stock.

My MT husband had to move a LOT of reloaded ammo when he used to compete PLUS all of his gun supplies, reloading stock and so forth. He just about KILLED himself with the already reloaded ammunition even though he gifted a lot of STUFF to friends and family. He had some stuff stored elsewhere with a flight of stairs. Ugh.

He ended up NOT reloading a bunch of stuff for a time frame in some calibers. He planned on using a LOT of it up since he could not compete on a regular basis due to his former, pre retirement, crazy, 24/7 high stress job.

When I built this house, he had to MOVE reloaded ammo, a bit of factory CF ammo and SOME of the stock of his/her RF ammo since I was still shooting a fair amount even though I was no longer a HIGH volume shooter.

PLUS he had all of his reloading supplies, stock and equipment. This was before he started to downsize and consolidate a LOT of his stuff even though he had started some of it. He changed a lot of his firearms around and MANY calibers over the years. From the time he was a kid to his late 60's.

He did HIRE a couple of movers for some large items when we moved into this house from the brand new built apartment. We put some, not all, RF ammo into smaller tubs. The LOCAL moving men moved them down some stairs for us and put it into my husband's truck. ALL of the other gun stuff and guns were moved by my husband and I moved some guns too. He did the other lifting/moving but they were in ammo cans and at a lower level - lifted into his truck.

Never again!

We are older and we are not preparing for WW3.

He has a different system now. And when I help count and keep an inventory of it all - it is NOT much to do since most of it - CF is on one to two shelves. In their ammo cans. Far, far LESS calibers to load for! Yeah! A bit of extra CF FACTORY ammo in 30-30 and 45acp too. He does reload 30-30 and 45acp but he has some of that factory ammo on hand.

The RF is on two shelves.

The reloading stock is on various shelves but easy to move and count so he can take it to his gun room/reloading desk.

He is cleaning up his gun room this week even though I usually do it. But it is always fairly clean/neat and VERY well organized. However, he did have some extra STUFF on his custom made desk/reloading bench since he is shooting several times a week now. I let HIM clean up and do his own thing there. Plus he dusted and swept.

I had already checked all of the other supplies with our list. We did this together.

So don't kill or hurt yourself. Don't panic buy and do what suits YOU and your family.

Best wishes to you again.

Cate

Buy what you and your family shoot on a regular basis. Buy what you can afford to buy.

Don't follow the crowd and buy something that you do not like or will not shoot or use on a regular basis.

Don't panic buy. Buy what you can afford and buy when you can still FIND IT at a reasonable or lower cost.

Don't panic buy - don't panic buy!

And if you can afford to replace what you shoot on a regular basis - do that.

Cate

Storing ammo is hard to go wrong with. As long as no one goes nuts and runs credit cards up to the sky with it. Ammo stored right will outlive the owner. Bought at normal price never really loses value. For stuff other than rimfire of course all you really need is the stuff to roll more if you can't buy more. Components to make years worth are easy to afford and store. .22 ammo is the only one I do keep a "large amount" of since not going to roll it. Again if I die sitting on 20K of the stuff my kids can sell / give it away. Costs me $300 per 5 K so it's not like there is a life savings involved here. Most of the people who got into real trouble during the last panic got into it with guns. When Black Rifles went nuts there were people who stored away an arsenal. When the bottom fell out they were stuck. The Gen1 S2K's I had were starting to sell for close to 1K. For a gun that up until them was selling for less that $300! Someone was buying them at this price. No doubt some bought a bunch of them. Now they can't sell them. Same with people who bought multiple low end AR's at 2K each. Good luck getting 20cents on the dollar back now. If they used credit to buy these? Well they have problems now. My dear Wife who did not know there was an ammo panic until years into it did not listen when I told her we were set. She bought 8K of some cheap Federal Bulk stuff that is crap. It sits in the back of a closet now and will die there but at least it was no big deal cash wise like so many others did :)

So, was there a vote or debate or anything?

I was wondering the same thing. Don't see any news articles. Did find this article on how the proposed AWB is worse than last time around: Republicans Agree to Vote on the Left's New Gun and Magazine Bans! - Conservative Daily

I looked here at 9:30pm PDT, 9-4-2019: Congressional Votes Database - GovTrack.us but the most recent vote recorded in that database is from August 1st. I don't know how rapidly that site updates the votes.

So it seems, as of right now, nothing happened.

From what I've read, they decided to not come back from the recess early due to hurricane Dorian. I'll try to find the source again, but read that it had been pushed back to the 9th, I believe.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top