JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We have yet another lost Hunter this time in Washington, prayers go out that they find him safe .It does not look good though, it has snowed since he parked his truck , may the good Lord look after him tell he is found.
If you are a hunter please do not go out alone , and when you go to a new place please be prepared so if you do get turned around .As a young Hunter many many years ago up in the blues we all carried packs with a space blanket,sterno fuel, a road flare and food so if we did get lost we could build a fire with the flare or sterno and stay warm tell someone found us .I thankfully never had to use it but as a long time Hunter to this day I Carry a pack that has what I need if I get stranded or hurt, but I also have two younger hunters that go with me and we all have radios . So just a reminder for all those sitting at home or out by the fire please use common sense, don't hunt alone, go prepared, and be safe .

Thank you for your time
Ron Dawson
Better known around the camp fire as the angry old man

Last Edited:
Praying for his safe return so he is reunited with his family.

Sounds like hes experienced and knows the area - I hope he was prepared for the weather and just got caught by an early storm and he is not laying injured somewhere, or worse.

There is a building down at Goose lake , but if he hasn't gotten their yet it cant be good. Its less than two mile away.

Last Edited:
Man my friend's family was lucky to have a good outcome for the hunter lost in Oregon.
Story was he fell 20 ft down and embankment and hit his head. Went unconsciencious for 4-5 hours and when we woke up he thought he saw a white van driving away so he followed it for miles and miles.

I feel for this guys family and friends. I hope they have some luck and find him safe.

Sad to say the sheriff called off the search last night saying after a week of searching there is no sign of him.The family and friends are doing a search today on foot. For him . Please guys and gals do not go out alone hunting

As a group of hunters and shooters I think we need a dedicated thread for hunters looking for hunting partners , I have looked and really did not find one I may have missed it if so please let me know.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews