JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got mine thru multinoma and they treated me great - probably because I was 15 min early and was polite lol.

I sat in with my wife when she got hers a couple years ago from the MCSO training department in Troutdale. ..IMO if you have the option where you reside, taking the course through your local SO is a no brainer. How could an online or civilian course offer better information than your own department ? Local ordinances, legal interpretations etc.

Some of the best Date Nights have been going to the range and then dinner. Just remember if you aren't wearing gloves, then to wash with cold water so that your pores don't absorb any lead.

Thats great!

So...What kind of handgun does your wife have her eye on? Or what gun are you gonna recommend for her first carry gun?

Nothing I can afford right now unfortunately.

I have a SCCY CPX-2 9mm that would be my preference for her if the trigger will work for her - its DAO and a long pull.

If not that then I have a Wather P22 (newer style) that is incredibly reliable when clean. .22lr wouldn't be my first choice but it light and follow up shots are very manageable.

I don't really see her carrying my 1911:D.

Once we get to the point of buying a quality pistol I'll have had her try a bunch of stuff so we will have to take it as it goes.

Nothing I can afford right now unfortunately.

I have a SCCY CPX-2 9mm that would be my preference for her if the trigger will work for her - its DAO and a long pull.

If not that then I have a Wather P22 (newer style) that is incredibly reliable when clean. .22lr wouldn't be my first choice but it light and follow up shots are very manageable.

I don't really see her carrying my 1911:D.

Once we get to the point of buying a quality pistol I'll have had her try a bunch of stuff so we will have to take it as it goes.

I'll sell you my shield for a $1 until you find something if you need it Joe. Plus transfer of course! :confused:

Congratulations Joe!

I got my wife to get her carry license years ago. My reasoning to her was, it sends a message to the politicians even if she never carries. Also, if for some reason I have to leave my firearm with her, she would be legal.

She started carrying when we owned our business and she hasn't looked back.

But now ...... NOW all she does is peek at what I'm looking at and says stuff like ..."Oh, I like that one, what is it?" or "Why don't you get that one?" Since seeing the 1951 1911 @SKrueger picked up, I've been mulling a 1911 of some kind. Now she wants one! Sort of created a monster, so be careful Joe, watch your wallet. :D

Congrats to her & you too.:)

I had my permit for 15 years before my wife decided (due to my constant coersion) to go for hers. I decided to consolidate pistol calibers from 6 down to one, 40S&W. We went to a GS that had a range & pistol rentals. We tried out Sigs, Glocks, S&W, Taurus & Springfield and both agreed on the XDM40. That said, it fit our hands comfortably & we shot the best groups.
I carry all the time & when we're together she doesn't want to.

Since my wife has connections in our county, we heard that there are prowlers the last few weeks in our general neighborhood and a friend that lives a few blocks away had the people across from her get their car stolen recently.

The visable reasons to get her permit are just stacking up:rolleyes:

When she's ready to look at guns, I would be willing to bring my concealed collection down for trial. Just about all mine are a good fit to my girl hands. Appropriate since I'm a girl:oops:. But it would need to be a weekend.

When she's ready to look at guns, I would be willing to bring my concealed collection down for trial. Just about all mine are a good fit to my girl hands. Appropriate since I'm a girl:oops:. But it would need to be a weekend.

Thanks Wolf! That's a very generous offer. I will keep you posted for sure.:cool:

We would only be available weekends as well so that's great!

I have weekends and Federal holidays off, as I work on base. I am more than willing to work with other women with firearms. You guys may have to entertain my husband though. I let him do the driving when we road trip.:p Or maybe I'll have him bring some of his rifles. When we have a date set, we can figure ou what all to bring.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top