JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi, I live in Washington and travel to and through Oregon on a regular basis. Can anyone tell me what county is the easiest county to get an out-of-state CCP. I tried Washington County and got the runaround. Any help that you can provide would be appreciated.

Last Edited:
Washington County will issue a CHL to WA residents but you need to show a compelling need (work, family, own property, etc). I've never had an issue with WCSO in the nearly 3 decades of dealing with them. YMMV

I got mine in Columbia county years ago when Multnomah and Washington counties would not issue to out of state. The Sheriff in Columbia county is pro gun. BONUS: I did not have to go to Portland or Hillsboro!

I applied online with Muntnomah Co. Waited for an appointment (quite the wait) for fingerprints and payment. Went in on the date. Staff was great. Plenty of parking. Relatively easy to get to. Very painless, other than the before and after wait times. People seem to make more out of it than is reality…. Other than instant gratification of walking in and out with one same day.

It's supposed to be a border county, I don't think Washington county shares a border.
I was confidently thinking "well that's not right!"

Washigton.png

You are correct. I thought there was a bit of Washigton county between Columbia and Multnomah counties that touched the river. Columbia sounds like a good bet. You can take the Longview bridge out of WA, and avoid Portland. Any day where you avoid Portland is a good day.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top