JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
With all the gun control talk, financial doom and other bad news that we are fed daily I’m really looking forward to sitting in the woods with my shotgun draped across my lap and calling toms next week.

Is anybody else looking forward to Turkey Season opening?

We are leaving for Colville on Thursday Night can't wait. Hoping we can drop a couple. I went out last year for the 1st time called in a tom and dropped him can't wait to do it again. Good luck everyone

Well I got 2 toms. They came in together up in Ione WA. Saw a huge Tom that had probaby a 12" Beard and weighed 50-60lbs but he only came into 60 yards and well I was happy getting 2 at once. :) Hope everyone else does good.

Well done!!!!!!!

We were out for 4 days in the White River Game Management Area and we only saw 2 birds. 1 hen and 1 jake. We had hiked down a road and out into the woods a ways over by rock creek reservoir and didn't see anything after about 1-2 hours. We decided to walk back and standing in the middle of the road about 150 yards away is a jake. As soon as we saw him he saw us and just booked down the road. Hopefully I can get out again in the next couple of weeks. I'm fairly new to hunting and I love it! We must have seen 100+ deer though!

Where we were hunting the turkeys weren't talking at all. We just picked a spot and hit the box call hard for 3-5 mins and then used slates with purrs and clucks until they came in to the sound. Good Luck

Yeah, same where we were. It was really really windy and the birds were not talking at all. We were above a small valley with a creek running through it and just as we decided to have a snack we heard a half gobble/squawk from down in the valley. We couldn't get the bird to come up. Thanks! Hopefully I can get out this weekend at some point!

Last Saturday was a good day in the woods.

11 minutes from sitting down to taking this picture. Pure luck, skill had nothing to do with it. :) 2013-Turkey.jpg

2013-Turkey.jpg

I won't be going out this weekend unless I can talk the wife into it. Next weekend I'll get to go out for a day and the weekend after that I'll have a full 3 days. Hopefully I can get a bird by the end of the season!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top