JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So for the most part I have been doing my coyote hunting in the Yacolt burn unit of the Washougal Battle Ground GMU 564 boundry on the Washougal side. (This allows me the use of my modern firearms so that my fiancée can participate in coyote hunting as well since Battle Ground is a shotgun only and she doesn't have on YET. All the way from Larch Mtn correctional facility to the road that leads you to Yacolt and Moulton Falls... I keep running into large amounts of people. I am looking for another location which still has some nice open areas like the Yacolt burn but not the people. Any suggestions?

That's the million dollar question if you live in the Vancouver or surounding area.

Drive east and make nice with a rancher.

Try feed stores and ask around if anyone's had yote problems.

Farther east you go the better chance you'll have.

I see. Looks like I will also be spending a day with the GMU Map looking at firearm restrictions, public land access, and satellite images via google maps for an idea on terrain. I know the Mt Adams area in the East and West Klickitat units have some decent area but that is a bit far of a drive for coyote unless it is a weekend trip. (Not opposed to this but it is not always plausible.) I will do some research and post what I find.

So some preliminary results that are looking promising for potential scouting.... There is some DNR land that is within the Washougal unit between Jones Creek, Jackson Creek, and Cougar Creek. Those are over by the East Fork little Washougal river. It is somewhat close to the battle ground boundary but its not too bad. Looks to be fairly mountainous in the back area but the front section looks to be fairly flat.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top