JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's easier for a lot of people to associate with cute fuzzy owls than it is to relate to old growth forests. It was never about the spotted owl it was about saving the old growth forests.
Yeah. Its interesting how anything "cute and furry" deserves saving but everything else can go to h*ll.

I mean, strictly speaking, if your intent was to "preserve endangered species" which our entire EPA Clown Circus is supposedly set up to do, then why would you discriminate against new emerging virus strains that go extinct on a regular basis each year or so..

I, for one, am appalled. 🧐

The latest worry about nature:

They are a problem because they kill rats, mice, cockroaches and of course birds.

The article says cats were domesticated 9,000 years ago. Well, if they haven't despoiled the earth in that amount of time, I don't think we are in that much danger. Personally, I like critters that kill rats and mice. Like cats and owls. I don't see any shortage of rats and mice in my forest here.

After having driven from Mount Shasta to Reno I wonder how much of the old forests got destroyed in the fires there a few years ago
1703631461414.png

My father in law who is now gone drove logging trucks many decades out of that area. Lived in Burney, California. Never saw too many trees that size. Pioneers Days in Burney they would show off thier trucks amongst floats and such. Normally a truck with three good size trunks is a really good load now days.

Well, this evening I got home from a lovely day of shooting in the woods. I got out of the car and went around the far side of one of my car shelters. In all honesty, to take a leak. Just as I got started, I looked up and not 20 feet away was a barred owl perched on a low cedar branch. He (quite possibly she) looked at me, then went back to scanning the leaf litter on the ground. Very interested in what was or might be on the ground. I finished up and went about my business and so did the owl without taking flight. 20 minute later, the bird was still there and gave me a hoot.

This whole owl thing kind of reminds me of the Southern and Northern resident killer whales. The Southern ones have not learned to find protein in other forms than fish, and they are struggling to survive. Their plight has them placing all kinds of restrictions on fishing and boating in my home waters. Their Northern cousins spend more time up off the BC coast and in the archipelagos, where they arguably have more salmon availability. But yet these amazing creatures have seen fit to prey on pinnipeds as well and they are doing quite well. Maybe the Southern residents need to evolve or go extinct? There certainly is no shortage of seals and sea lions in the Southern residents home waters.

Assuming the "Out of Africa" theory is correct then humans are an invasive species for most of the world.
Yeah, and at this point, for most of us going back would be problematic. Meaningful lifestyle changes come to mind. Like no electricity in many parts of the continent. Or walking a couple of miles for a jug of muddy water. AND, I doubt the existing population would exactly welcome us with open arms. I don't think it would be like Californians moving to Idaho and getting away with it would result. Not to mention immigration roadblocks. Most of the world doesn't have open doors like the US.

I don't understand. If the Wildlife Idiots want to introduce non-native wolves to prey on our native game animals, and they want the native owls gone, why in hell don't they train those wolves to climb up trees at night and eat the barred owls?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top