JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A release to fire trigger doesnt increase the rate of fire. A pull/release trigger does.
I know but they are saying they want to ban bump stocks this is not a bump stock it's a trigger BUT SOME ARE SAYING ANY DEVICE THAT INCREASE THE RATE witch this is I KNOW I HAVE ONE

Firing on pull is a thing. Firing on release is an entire other thing.
Yes you can pull it fire and hold the trigger down and it won't fire and you can hold the trigger and switch it to regular fire or safe and it won't fire when you release the trigger

The title of this thread says it all that's what there doing basically trying to get a SBR WITH A FAST RATE OF FIRE out there where anybody can get one with out a stamp ASKING FOR TROUBLE

Yes you can pull it fire and hold the trigger down and it won't fire and you can hold the trigger and switch it to regular fire or safe and it won't fire when you release the trigger

That is true but on the model in question I think they have a fire on release only trigger to get past the legality of what a rifle is

That is true but on the model in question I think they have a fire on release only trigger to get past the legality of what a rifle is
Okay now I see what you're saying stupid why just to draw attention towards them stupid if you ask me and unsafe the BIANARY TRIGGER is unsafe if you don't know what your doing and pay attention to it

Beretta sells the semiauto 303 with a release trigger, and those have 3 round tubes, 4 without the plug. Either these shotguns have been classified for decades or its not a release trigger
I don't know but I'm pretty sure in trap it's two shots even waterfowl hunting it's three in most places and most people are so used to shooting guns that shoot with a pull I see problems and accidents happening

Believe me it takes practice to get used to a BIANARY TRIGGER mine works great for mag dumps but that's about it if I had the money to practice with it alot I could get good at double taps but it usually ends up being double tap double tap lol trigger control is hard to get used to on BIANARY

The legal definition of a rifle has it being pull of the trigger to fire. Nothing to do with shotguns. By requiring a release of the trigger to fire they have created a firearm that is not a rifle.

The legal definition of a rifle has it being pull of the trigger to fire. Nothing to do with shotguns. By requiring a release of the trigger to fire they have created a firearm that is not a rifle.
Mmmmm that's interesting really really interesting lol

It has everything to do with shotguns
The term "Shotgun" means a weapon designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder, and designed or redesigned and made or remade to use the energy of the explosive in a fixed shotgun shell to fire through a smooth bore either a number of ball shot or a single projectile for each single pull of the trigger.
18 U.S.C., § 921(A)(5) and 27 CFR § 478.11

A semiauto competition shotgun with a release trigger, which have been around for decades, is no different than what you are implying. Which brings me back to my point. Either these shotguns have been misclassified by the ATF for decades (not out of the realm of possibility, but now raises into question the legality of those sales seeing as the 4473 would have been submitted wrong) OR this has nothing to do with a release trigger.

It has everything to do with shotguns

A semiauto competition shotgun with a release trigger, which have been around for decades, is no different than what you are implying. Which brings me back to my point. Either these shotguns have been misclassified by the ATF for decades (not out of the realm of possibility, but now raises into question the legality of those sales seeing as the 4473 would have been submitted wrong) OR this has nothing to do with a release trigger.

In that case they have been misclassified or at least they have not been classified properly. The ATF has been pretty consistent about following the letter of the law recently. Oh, the horror. That means the tech branch has been issuing letters that actually follow the letter of the law. fire on release means just that. Fire on pull means fire on pull. Lots of examples of how they are following the law lately. Good on the ATF.

Lol Franklyn Armory has pulled one over on all of us!
I'm sure this is nothing more than a gimmicky publicity stunt.
Whatever is so "special" about this thing will NEVER make it worth forking over my hard earned cash. Their goofy triggers are $500 by themselves. I'm sure whatever this thing is, it will not sell for under $2000.
Call me fickle, but I would just as soon build me a real nice rifle the way I want to build it, follow the known letters of the law, and purchase a $200 NFA tax stamp and have peace of mind.
With all these "Hacks" and "workarounds", I assume something is likely to be rewritten. Sooner or later it's bound to happen.
If I wanted to roll the dice on all the loopholes, I still would build my own and "brace" it.
But $200 is awfully cheap to just do it right.

Talking about pissing off some liberals and trolling the ATF, well let me introduce to you the experts.

Meet Franklin Armory!

This is not a SBR. Yep this is a firearm. No tax stamp needed.

Boy oh boy the world we live in!

It likely won't be very accurate however, but still, one hell of a troll gun!

View attachment 420243
The only way I can see this working with a short barrel is if somehow it gets classified as a pistol.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top