JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
from the comments.

"someone tried to get around the whole "one shot per pull of the trigger" thing by simply having no trigger. You pulled back and released the bolt and the Sten kept shooting till it was dry so the ATF then revised their wording."

LOL

If you had to pull the trigger twice it would not be worth it. Just get a pistol and put a non-shoulder brace on it.

It's a Miscellaneous firearm.
Only has to be 26 1/2 oal. to not be NFA

Source: ATF Annual Firearms Manufacturing and Exportation Report (AFMER). 1 Miscellaneous firearms are any firearms not specifically categorized in any of the firearms categories defined on the ATF Form 5300.11 Annual Firearms Manufacturing and Exportation Report. (Examples of miscellaneous firearms would include pistol grip firearms, starter guns, and firearm frames and receivers.)

Last Edited:
After going through their news article on their site, I think they got approval to use their RFS in it since it would be legal but not fall under any other definition. The RFS doesn't fire when the trigger is pulled but only when it's released so it wouldn't be a rifle. If they remove the semi-auto function and just keep the safe and fire release selection on the RFS I think it may be the workaround. That's my guess.

Last Edited:
After going through their news article on their site, I think they got approval to use their RFS in it since it would be legal but not fall under any other definition. The RFS doesn't fire when the trigger is pulled but only when it's released so it wouldn't be a rifle. If they remove the semi-auto function and just keep the safe and fire release selection on the RFS I think it may be the workaround. That's my guess.

Beat me to it, that's exactly what I was thinking. I'd even put some money on it: it fires when the trigger is released, not pulled.

Its a smooth bore . It isnt a rifle. Cant be an SBR if it doesnt have a rifled bore. Franklin is complying with the letter of the law. Good for them. I really like those guys.

They haven't released the details yet. No one really gets it yet.

My guess is they made the barrel smooth bore, which I'm not sure if it would make it an SBS or not.

That or the permanently attached the barrel to the receiver to somehow get a longer measurement on the barrels length.

The barrel being permenantly attached to the receiver wouldn't matter unless its a complete redesign because barrels are unless its changed measured from breach face (front of bolt) to muzzle. The approved method for measure a barrel is to close the bolt/breach drop a cleaning rod down the barrel until it makes contact with the breach face mark the rod at the muzzle remove it then measure.

I saw a theory posted on another site suggesting there may be a loop hole around if a hexagonally twisted barrel vs a rifled barrel. It will definitely be interesting to see how this plays out.

I saw a theory posted on another site suggesting there may be a loop hole around if a hexagonally twisted barrel vs a rifled barrel. It will definitely be interesting to see how this plays out.

Hex, polygon, whatever, still counts as rifled. Lots of polygonal barrels on the market - it is still rifling.

That said, it does seem the barrel looks strange - what little I can see of it - and so does the muzzle device.

I guess we will have to wait for a week?

Perhaps it IS a smooth bore, chambered in a rifle round. Accuracy may suffer, but maybe Franklin is working with an ammo maker to develop rifled slugs in rifle rounds to offset this? That'd be pretty ingenious.

It does appear to have the binary trigger tho, thats what the red plate around the selector indicates. Its also mandated to be there by ATF to be legal. That minor detail seems stupid but is what it is.

I will go with something funny about the trigger and selector. That's a whole lot of red around the selector plus some blurred out lettering in the fun spot that can't be ignored
I can tell you what it is it's a red sticker that the ship with there trigger it says safe.fire.and BIANARY

18 U.S.C., § 921(A)(7) and 27 CFR § 478.11

The term "Rifle" means a weapon designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder and designed or redesigned and made or remade to use the energy of the explosive in a fixed metallic cartridge to fire only a single projectile through a rifled bore for each single pull of the trigger.

OK, It could be either smooth bore or with a release trigger.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top