JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It would be interesting if they got it out of the firearm designation as well, to place a permanently attached sound moderator on it. :eek:

It does appear to have the binary trigger tho, thats what the red plate around the selector indicates. Its also mandated to be there by ATF to be legal. That minor detail seems stupid but is what it is.

I have never heard of any such mandate. Do you have a source? Inquiring minds would like to know.

E

:eek:soooo...It looks cool! But, What use would this have? its a single fired smooth bore shotgun, great for firing real slow at close range?
Am I understanding this right? I feel that i've read so much information that im not really sure i even understanding the actual gun at this point.

:eek:soooo...It looks cool! But, What use would this have? its a single fired smooth bore shotgun, great for firing real slow at close range?
Am I understanding this right? I feel that i've read so much information that im not really sure i even understanding the actual gun at this point.

What it looks like is that it may just be a release the trigger to fire weapon instead of a smooth bore. Rifles are pull to fire by definition according to the '68 GCA. Franklin does a lot of oddball trigger stuff and this seems like their style. Someone is having fun in that company.

Its good to see the ATF is following the letter of the law these days instead of just making it up as they go along like they did for decades.

I'm also thinking smoothbore with a rifled muzzle device, however I've read that people have called FA and were told that it is not a smooth bore

Consider the following, though:
11.5 inch rifled barrel
4.5 inch permanently attached telescoping flash hider

If a buttsock can be folded/collapsed but still count towards the OAL of the gun, why couldn't a flash hider? The flashhider "retracts for compact storage" and is "intended" to be fired from an extended position

I'm also thinking smoothbore with a rifled muzzle device, however I've read that people have called FA and were told that it is not a smooth bore

Consider the following, though:
11.5 inch rifled barrel
4.5 inch permanently attached telescoping flash hider

If a buttsock can be folded/collapsed but still count towards the OAL of the gun, why couldn't a flash hider? The flashhider "retracts for compact storage" and is "intended" to be fired from an extended position

I had a 14.5in barrel with a welded flash hider on it and afaik it counted as a 16in barrel as the flash hider was hard welded with 3 solid beads.

It could be this, but that isn't new either, right?

I had a 14.5in barrel with a welded flash hider on it and afaik it counted as a 16in barrel as the flash hider was hard welded with 3 solid beads.

It could be this, but that isn't new either, right?

But the difference is is that this flash hider could slide back and forth, like adjusting a buttstock whereas yours is fixed into one position. Look at this thing. Seems a little big, doesn't it? Screenshot_20180111-233206-417867.JPG

I have never heard of any such mandate. Do you have a source? Inquiring minds would like to know.

E
I don't think that's true they probably have to provide it but you don't have to put it on IT'S JUST A STICKER i got one with my trigger but after a few cleanings and some oil it comes OFF

Franklin has had problems before when they first came out with the BIANARY TRIGGER they got sued and had to change it and I'm guessing the owner of this company just loves to press the limits with our over loards lol

I think the winner here is @wired with fire on release. In other words it only fires on the release of the trigger vs pull. This would go around all written law on what a rifle is in the wording and definition. It would be weird to fire but I imagine folks wouldn't care as it bypasses the SBR laws.

Perhaps it IS a smooth bore, chambered in a rifle round. Accuracy may suffer, but maybe Franklin is working with an ammo maker to develop rifled slugs in rifle rounds to offset this? That'd be pretty ingenious.

It does appear to have the binary trigger tho, thats what the red plate around the selector indicates. Its also mandated to be there by ATF to be legal. That minor detail seems stupid but is what it is.
The red is just a sticker they send with the trigger they might have to send it but you don't have to put it on mine didn't stay on long

I think the winner here is @wired with fire on release. In other words it only fires on the release of the trigger vs pull. This would go around all written law on what a rifle is in the wording and definition. It would be weird to fire but I imagine folks wouldn't care as it bypasses the SBR laws.
But this might fall under the new law's they want to pass anything that increase the rate of fire but some states are only calling for BUMPSTOCKS LOL this is not a bump stock

E

Their rep said something to that effect on a video I saw demo-ing the BFS gun. I looked tgrough Franklin's documentation online - I think the rep said it to get people to use the sticker - as Franklin's manual only says they require armorers to install the sticker to avoid accidental injury by people unfamiliar with how their binary trigger works. They also say not to install said trigger in polymer lowers or 80% lowers. :rolleyes:

So they seem very concerned with liability. Since its a very unusual product I can kinda see why.

The reason why I don't think that works is because you still have to pull the trigger in order for it to fire on release. I'm also fairly certain that there is/was an old, old hunting rifle or shotgun that was designed to fire on release with the idea that it was less likely to disturb your sight picture that way.

But this might fall under the new law's they want to pass anything that increase the rate of fire but some states are only calling for BUMPSTOCKS LOL this is not a bump stock

A release to fire trigger doesnt increase the rate of fire. A pull/release trigger does.

The reason why I don't think that works is because you still have to pull the trigger in order for it to fire on release. I'm also fairly certain that there is/was an old, old hunting rifle or shotgun that was designed to fire on release with the idea that it was less likely to disturb your sight picture that way.

Firing on pull is a thing. Firing on release is an entire other thing.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top