JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
oh I would say anyone transporting mags unlocked in Mult county would get charged in a heartbeat. I dont have any confidence state prosecutors are not politically biased and motivated, why the rioters didnt get charged...
How are you gunna get caught transporting mags?

Speeding. Taillight. some minor traffic stop, anti gun cop sees them thru the window.
good point though unless you leave them out in the open then its not likely to happen....
Exactly. If you know the laws and your rights you have nothing to stress over. Be smart and respectful and you will be ok.

Plain view doctrine. If you leave mags out in plain view then that's on you. Or in a glovebox where they will be seen when pulling out registration/insurance. But if they are hidden then the police would need a warrant to search your vehicle. You need reasonable suspicion and probable cause to even get a warrant. Minor traffic violations won't cut it.

So much stress and fear for no reason. But I do understand people wanting to stay "legal." With that mindset and cooperation our rights will continue to be dumbed down and stripped away.

None of this is directed at you personally.

But I do understand people wanting to stay "legal." With that mindset and cooperation our rights will continue to be dumbed down and stripped away.

None of this is directed at you personally.
Nothing personal, lots of changes in progress with this new law all of us are wrapping our heads around. I disagree that following the law will assist in stripping away our rights, these laws must be proven unconstitutional in the court process otherwise non compliance is pointless and just gets the individual punished if caught which adds fuel to the antis arguments.

As for the Portland rioters; a good number were 'arrested and booked'; granted the vast majority were released within 24 hours, but whether anyone wants to admit it, even though they may not have been charged, their arrest and booking remains on the record. And in the long term that can matter, especially if there are multiple arrests of that person.
Now, my point was not so much about the rioters, but about their intent and the fact that nothing really changed from their activities. And down the road, when their backgrounds are checked for a job or security clearance or something, those arrests are 'record', and releasable to records searches.

Nothing personal, lots of changes in progress with this new law all of us are wrapping our heads around. I disagree that following the law will assist in stripping away our rights, these laws must be proven unconstitutional in the court process otherwise non compliance is pointless and just gets the individual punished if caught which adds fuel to the antis arguments.
Only speaking for myself here…..

I'm not waiting on the courts for the ability or green light to protect my family. That's my job. And if they are going to try to hinder that then they are waisting their time.

You can't look at me in the eyes and say hard drugs are legal and treatment is free but my 17 round mags are causing murder on the streets. I'm pretty sure drugs (which have been decriminalized) in Portland alone are causing more death and crime then all the "high capacity" mags in the entire state.

Politicians are f-cked in the head. They can go eat a bag of dicks.

I didn't spend a decent portion of my life serving/defending this country just to be told I don't get the same right when it comes to my family.

GTFOH with that nonsense. Haha.

Yea. No one got locked up or charged in the riots. I was thinking the same thing. Just like no one is going to be arrested for standard mags as a stand-alone charge.
Sure they will, those charges may be dropped with the confiscation of the "offending Mags". The point is to make them a problem to use. The Cops will pick the low hanging fruit, so to speak.
Now cause a fuss, become a problem and those same cops find your standard cap mags.... Now they have a charge to hang on you. DR

Sure they will, those charges may be dropped with the confiscation of the "offending Mags". The point is to make them a problem to use. The Cops will pick the low hanging fruit, so to speak.
Now cause a fuss, become a problem and those same cops find your standard cap mags.... Now they have a charge to hang on you. DR
I guess we will see huh?

Only speaking for myself here…..

I'm not waiting on the courts for the ability or green light to protect my family. That's my job. And if they are going to try to hinder that then they are waisting their time.

You can't look at me in the eyes and say hard drugs are legal and treatment is free but my 17 round mags are causing murder on the streets. I'm pretty sure drugs (which have been decriminalized) in Portland alone are causing more death and crime then all the "high capacity" mags in the entire state.

Politicians are f-cked in the head. They can go eat a bag of dicks.

I didn't spend a decent portion of my life serving/defending this country just to be told I don't get the same right when it comes to my family.

GTFOH with that nonsense. Haha.
rest assured when it comes to my family Im right beside you on all this.

rest assured when it comes to my family Im right beside you on all this.
Unfortunately my family and I go places other than my residence. So where we go…. my personal and STANDARD edc loadout will also go. Luckily no one will be able to point me out in a crowd of people as the individual who is carrying a firearm. I don't publicize the fact that I am PRO 2A or that I carry weapons for self defense. I make it a priority to blend in. There are even times when I will ask my wife before leaving the house, "does this scream I have a firearm?" If she answers "yes or kinda" then it's back to the dresser to try again. Haha.

Hey 'Tun Tavern' Dude,
I'm right there with you on protecting my family and others. I put in 20 years myself and nobody will access my property without my express permission. My 4.8 acres is an absolute 2A sanctuary property. Now that being said, I also still hold a TS / SCI clearance eligibility ( that's higher than Wyden or Merkley, by the way). I refuse to lose that on account of an emotional outburst, so to speak, just because I vehemently disagree with a ballot measure that is bound to be defeated as unconstitutional. At this point in time, this is not a hill I will die on; this will not be my Thermopylae. But fear not my friend, I am surely a "return with my shield, or dead on it" kind of guy. I am most definately part of the phalanx.

Unfortunately my family and I go places other than my residence. So where we go…. my personal and STANDARD edc loadout will also go. Luckily no one will be able to point me out in a crowd of people as the individual who is carrying a firearm. I don't publicize the fact that I am PRO 2A or that I carry weapons for self defense. I make it a priority to blend in. There are even times when I will ask my wife before leaving the house, "does this scream I have a firearm?" If she answers "yes or kinda" then it's back to the dresser to try again. Haha.
So then I really am "with you" on all this. Trust me that Im not giving up anything from this law. I just dont have an issue with anyone going target shooting complying with the transportation requirement BS.

So then I really am "with you" on all this. Trust me that Im not giving up anything from this law. I just dont have an issue with anyone going target shooting complying with the transportation requirement BS.
I agree with you on that.

My take away in regards to 114 is more inline with safety and self defense. When going to the range my mags will just get thrown in a bag and then be located in the trunk of my vehicle. Everything else (as far as daily goes) will be retained on my person. Concealed.

I understand your position and respect your opinion. That said: That's exactly how we got sanctuary cities. YMMV.
"Sanctuary Cities" can only do so much. And once again I'm not trusting the "city government" to have my back when other agencies come knocking.

We're from the government and we are here to help you…. Hard pass.

Hey 'Tun Tavern' Dude,
I'm right there with you on protecting my family and others. I put in 20 years myself and nobody will access my property without my express permission. My 4.8 acres is an absolute 2A sanctuary property. Now that being said, I also still hold a TS / SCI clearance eligibility ( that's higher than Wyden or Merkley, by the way). I refuse to lose that on account of an emotional outburst, so to speak, just because I vehemently disagree with a ballot measure that is bound to be defeated as unconstitutional. At this point in time, this is not a hill I will die on; this will not be my Thermopylae. But fear not my friend, I am surely a "return with my shield, or dead on it" kind of guy. I am most definately part of the phalanx.
It's a choice/call we all have to personally make. And it going to be a different line in the sand for everyone. I respect that whether I agree or not.

Transport this !
1670208680508.png

Actually Gents, having worked directly with law enforcement, you would be amazed at the number of major criminals apprehended simply because of a simple traffic stop . . . Serious "not a bueno guy" types, because a tail light was out.

And 1775usmc; Semper Fi Brother.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads