JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As soon as I bought my first real long gun, (A Ruger Mini 14, we both had pistols, but we carried them, I did have a break down 22 rifle hidden very well) I bought a new Cannon safe. Still have it but my best stuff is in a new 1000 lb Winchester

We rescue Rottweilers, ditto to the deterrent effect. No one in their right mind wants to tangle with one defending his home turf

Plus one on the DOG! My house was broken into (before I got my safe). I first noticed there was a problem when I saw the door was part way open. The only thing keeping it from swinging open with the wind was the interior trim blocking the deadbolts path. Upon further investigation I could tell that the perp kicked the door breaking out the jam leaving the trim intact... Lucky for him. I am sure that the only reason the burglar didn't continue in was because of my 60lb pure bred Doberman that gets free roam in my house :) !!! She is a lazy family dog that has never been aggressive towards any human since I got her at 9mo, she's 5 now. Something tells me aggression is not lacking in her skill set however. Be well and lock up!

Doberman Security Systems Inc. LOL!!! She earned her keep that day!

IMG_7297_zps7bdcb6a6.jpg

One of my friends was BURGARIZED last month and they took 3 of his guns. The POLICE told him they needed pictures and serial numbers of the guns OR it was the end of the matter !! After hearing this ,,my wife and I gathered up all of our guns,photo'd them with boxes,manuals and LARGE serial numbers for our records. This may be something you ALL may want to do for your future mental health !! LOL !!!

Last year I decided I had too many guns for my Stack-on lock box and found a nice used safe from a member at Spokane Gun Traders.com. It was the price of a rifle. I consider and investment in my firearms.

A safe was one of the first things I got when I started buying guns. First gun was a pistol, so just used a trigger lock until I got a small safe. But then I went out and bought a a couple long guns, and my girlfriend and her son where coming over that night, so went out and bought a full-size 10-gun safe that day. It's home to 5 rifles, 3 pistols and a shotgun now, and if I'm not home, they are all in the safe. Although there have been a couple times I went to unlock it when I got home and realized I had put the guns into the safe, latched it, and forgot to spin the combo wheel, d'oh!

I went thorough a daylight burglary about 2 weeks ago, and told the story in another thread.

I have been doing a lot of research and will be installing some various types of alert and alarm systems here soon as well as changing some of my standard SOPS's. When we are gone for 6 hours, the dogs are usually there. An Aussie, a Lab and German Shepard. Go ahead and see how they welcome you in the back door.

I do not know how long you were gone, but when we leave for anything more than 6 hours we make sure someone comes by and checks on the place. We have 5 kids, all grown, and you never know when they will come by to borrow a tool, run their dogs, target shoot or just hang out. You could have possibly scared them off, and you should have tactically cleared the house before taking stock of what they stole.

We all are way too complacent in our home and site security. Take my word for it, I sure as hell was .

I bought a drop cam and have it and my wireless internet plugged into a UPS; aimed at my safe. So even if the POS cuts the power, the internet and the camera still work. It's uploaded to a remote server and they keep 7 days of footage for about $10/month. It has night vision and motion alert that goes to my cell phone plus I can monitor it real time from my cell or Ipad. Best peace of mind insurance I have purchased in a very long time.

Thieves usually ditch the masks while INSIDE. Many put cameras OUTSIDE, but hidden inside SD/HD/Audio cameras INSIDE are the best option. You get the full clear ID/face view, them chatting it up, etc. Not expected.

I have two internal SD hidden cameras running 24/7/365.

Remember, most break ins are someone you will know.

I hate to be a jerk, bu does that not all fall apart with a ski mask worn by the perp ??
Again not being a smart a s s , but thats all the defense they need to over come that technology.

Not really because I'm alerted as is my wife to motion or power outage the minute it happens. It records audio, is very discreet to the point somebody really as to look for it and has night vision. A locked gate, a locked door, neighbors that watch out for each other, the camera and a higher than average quality safe. Those are the only ones I'd be willing to talk about on a public forum.

Criminals are creatures of habit. Or maybe more appropriately Humans are creatures of habit. If it works do it again.

Pokerace is spot on with this "Heads Ups".

Some criminals do return, these guys happen to know that you will be buying
a bunch of new versions of all the used stuff they already took. Sometimes they
come back with a plan for getting the safe out too. Be careful & more importantly
make sure the wife is being extra careful for awhile.

Some departments are much better than others. A friend down in Sacramento was remodeling his house and had a decent camera system inside and out - he provided the police with a dvd that had all views from start to finish plus 15 min either side of the event showing the vehicles that drove by his house. Clear views of 3 of the 5 thieves faces and less optimal of the other 2. A clear pic of a van (including a partial plate) that you could see break lights on as it pulled to the curb just out of view 2 min before they set off the system. They got away with a few of his guns, his high def cinema system, TVs, sound system, etc.

They never caught anyone - probably didn't even try.

Property loss probably isn't a crime worth throwing detective resources at. Your Insurance company would have more interest in recovering the stolen property. Unfortunately if someone wants what you have bad enough, they'll get it no matter how much money you've spent securing it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top