JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My wife and I just came home this evening from a thanksgiving trip and found our back door open. Seems to be the REALLY old lock was forced/picked? and some things were missing from our home.

It was a relief to find our safe in its place and filled with my family heirlooms and other great guns. I can't tell you how freaking happy I am that I have made locking my guns up complete routine.

I'm sorry to hear the scumbags got away with some stuff. Hopefully the thieves receive some karmic retribution in the very near future. It's good to hear about the safe.

Youch!! Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I am glad to hear the Dirt bag Schmucks did not make off withy anything of value/importance.

So others don't make mistakes would you share the steps you have taken to secure your valuables and weapons. I am always open to new thoughts and ideas.

They took some tvs and they did get a camera with some irreplaceable vacation photos.

I have to admit, until about 6 mo ago I was not ultra diligent with locking my guns up. I'm a younger married guy with no kids and I have occasionally left my shotgun in the closet or handgun laying around after a range session til it was cleaned.

In an attempt to get better organized and be prepared for the days when I do have little ones around I have got in the habit of cleaning immediately and locking them up whenever I'm not directly engaged in messing around withe em, without exception.

I know this seems fundamental, but I also know there are a lot of newer owners out there or other lazy guys like myself that may benefit from getting on a routine like I have.

A safe (ANY safe) will deter and prevent theft from the "opportunist burglar" : most generally juvenile.

A safe (ANY safe) will only slow down the "prepared and dedicated burglar" (most generally adult, and known personally to the homeowner).

Throw out every piece of crap-arse information that any gunsafe supplier or manufacturer tells you about security and their "advantages" over the next. No advantage exists against a prepared and dedicated burglar. One safe will not slow down that perpetrator any more than the next. Any prepared and dedicated burglar to a known residence to hold guns will come inevitably with a torch or disc saw. Sheet metal walls fall slightly quicker than heavy-guage (even 3/16th steel), but not by much. Lock and lug integrity never get a chance to even participate: the easy way is thru the wall: not the front door.

There is only ONE claim for "better" protection that can be made by ANY gunsafe manufacturer, and that is Fire Protection. This is because that has to have a number put on it. If your are a manufacturer, and you say its a Fire Safe, you have to allow your manufactured safe to go into a fire. It's given a rating.

Not even Barak Hussein Obama's Federal Government has ever figured out a way to put a Federal numerical rating on Burglary Resistance. Probably because the "rating" is precisely the same for any locked metal box. The only difference would exist in the experience and knowledge of the Burglars.

Yea these guys weren't Theo from die hard y3eqehyh.jpg
All right, listen up guys. Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, except... the four a holes coming in the rear in standard two-by-two cover formation.

So sorry for your loss! I distinctly remember the bottom of my stomach dropping when my house was broken into. That was 23 years ago and I reckon I'll never forget! I'm glad it wasn't worse, but any breach of your life is a violation. Hope you get your stuff back! SRG

Does anyone here have "simply safe".. Or something like it that detects motion in the hoise and sends an alert to ones phone if set off?

Been thinking about it.. At least then One could know sooner.
Im on the fence about getting it. We've yet to have a break in at the new place.. But its still something I dread.

+1 on the dog.

We live in a really safe area and burglaries or break ins are already really really rare but the dogs ability to hear/smell another living thing in its area is amazing. re7u6eja.jpg u8a2uja2.jpg da5eryru.jpg

I need to mention too, we think a critical difference in our situation was we spent a few days out of town and had no plan for our mail getting picked up.

We had a couple ups packages at our back door which weren't taken but surely made it obvious to anyone that we were out of town. Had we asked a neighbor to get mail for us this probably would have been completely avoided.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top