JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
NiceAsh, how about asking your LEO friends how they feel about non-CHL license holders and their rights? That might be a bit more interesting to hear.

I agree, bpearsal. Good post.

Good discussion.

If I see them again I will continue the conversation, and get some names, I should have jotted them down when they were here.

Thanks guys.

Ok, gotta run, heading to the range to do a USPSA orientation . . .

I have been pulled over a few times since getting my CHL. Each time I hand it over with my DL. Each time the officer has asked me if I have the CCW in the car. Each time he has thanked me for notifiying him. I'm always respectful, keep my hands on the wheel, etc. Not sure if it's coincidence, but each time I've received a warning (not a ticket).

I'll say that this is how I operate as well. And each time, I too get a warning (not a ticket). Honestly I don't think it is a coincidence. People who go out of their way to get their CHLs are predominately the good guys. I have a small optimistic feeling that most LEOs know this.

And I always know in a traffic stop if the LEO has run my plates or not. If they have, they always ask almost before I can say anything. If they haven't then they get that little surprise when the look at my two forms of ID. I call the ones that run my plates safe and the ones that don't cocky.

I do not want to ask for permission to do something that is my right.
I could get a CHL if I wanted to.
Yes it would be easier then to stand up for what you believe in. I have heard from many CHL holders that they agree they shouldn't have too, but they did it anyways.

Sorry but it doesnt say in the Constitution you have the right to conceal carry a handgun without a license so you will have to comply with the law in order to conceal carry. Judges dont care what you think your rights are

Sorry but it doesnt say in the Constitution you have the right to conceal carry a handgun without a license so you will have to comply with the law in order to conceal carry. Judges dont care what you think your rights are

We the people should have our say so as a group over the judges say so. The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution says that the people have the final Authority...not the judges.

Im not saying I dont agree with you but what I am saying is as of right now the Constitution is the supreme law of the land and in that it gives the ultimate power to the Supreme Court to rule on matters of constitutionality and we dont get to elect those judges. They are appointed by the president so in order to do what we can we must elect the delegates we can elect and make sure they are keeping our best interests in mind. If we dont like it we must make sure they repeal the laws and regulations we dont agree with. My point is not to say lets give the government more control my point is that we still have to abide by the laws that are in place right now...whether you agree with the laws or not is a mute point the point is that if you dont want to get locked up on some trumped up weapons charge you better abide by the current laws and regulations. If we dont like those then we need to work hard on changing them. It is not enough to just blame the govt. for the problems we have to keep them in check as well...Ultimately we have a federalist system which allows the federal govt. the ultimate say and therefore we need to change national law if we want things to trickle down to the states. I am not arguing the fact that I think the controls are good or bad I just think that we all must abide by the law and if we dont like that law we have to work together to change it.

As far as the declaration of independence goes it doesnt hold water to any sort of ruling in laws its all about the Constitution and the Constitution states that there shall be one court to rule over all other courts. So it kind of does say that the courts have the final say on what is Constitutional or not.

" Im not saying I dont agree with you but what I am saying is as of right now the Constitution is the supreme law of the land and in that it gives the ultimate power to the Supreme Court to rule on matters of constitutionality and we dont get to elect those judges"

What do we as a Country do when they have ruled something that the majority of us disagree with. I imagine Obama-care to be one example.

The Supreme Court can rule on its interpretation of the Constitution and if their interpretation disagrees with The Peoples then tough? That is not what the founding Fathers meant to happen. That would be the equivalent of the King telling the colonies that they cant write the Declaration of independence with out following his rules, regulations and judges first.

Correct the Supreme Court gets to rule on what is Constitutional or not and the messed up thing about that is that they gave themselves that power in Marbury v. Madison and no one questioned it then in order to change it. Its similar to the legislature making their own salaries yes they dont take affect until the next term but most of them get reelected. Once again im not saying that any of this is right its just simply the way it is...

" Im not saying I dont agree with you but what I am saying is as of right now the Constitution is the supreme law of the land and in that it gives the ultimate power to the Supreme Court to rule on matters of constitutionality and we dont get to elect those judges"

What do we as a Country do when they have ruled something that the majority of us disagree with. I imagine Obama-care to be one example.

As far as Obama-care goes the Supreme Court can rule whats constitutional on it but then it still has to pass both houses of Congress so since they ruled parts of it Unconstitutional it has to go back to Congress and both have to pass it again before the president can then sign it into law.

I woudl argue that the majority of the country is not against obamacare - any evidence otherwise?

James Ruby

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top