JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Apparently I do....City of Salem

95.095. Loaded Firearms.
(a) It shall be unlawful for any person to possess a loaded firearm, whether the shell or cartridge is a blank or is live ammunition, while in a public place as defined in ORS 161.015.
(b) Nothing in subsection (a) shall apply to:
(1) A law enforcement officer in the performance of official duty. (2) A member of the military in the performance of official duty.
(3) A person licensed to carry a concealed handgun.
(4) A person authorized to possess a loaded firearm while in or on a public building under ORS 166.370.
(5) A government employee or contractor of the City of Salem engaged in flight safety hazard abatement to comply with Chapter 14 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Part 139.337 at McNary Field. (Ord No. 29-96; Ord No. 54-05)

I do not understand why some of you can not see that our 2nd Amendment rights have been infringed!

These were the intended choices that our founding fathers meant to give The People by Our 2nd Amendment?

1. You may practice Your 2nd Amendment right on private property or other places that the government will allow you to.
2. You may practice Your 2nd Amendment right but the firearm has to be open carried and unloaded while in an public place.
3. The permission to practice Your 2nd Amendment right with a loaded and concealed firearm in a public place may be granted to you if you ask nicely, pay a fee and keep it concealed.

That is the empty shell of our 2nd Amendment. That is how our founding fathers intended Our 2nd Amendment to be?

Like I said.....READ THE LAWS.....State, county and city.... If you have A CHL, you are exempt. Regardless of what the police "say" are the laws, IF YOU HAVE A CHL YOU ARE EXEMPT. The police might screw with you in Beaverton, Salem, Portland etc. but theres NOTHING they can do if you have the magical CHL. Just dont go waving your gun around like some kind of azsole and you shouldnt have any problems. Oh yeah, READ/KNOW THE LAWS.

Until they make more rules, regulations and laws that take your CHL away from you. Then maybe you will see that your 2nd Amendment right has also been infringed.

5) Don't be stupid. They said that although there is a lot of hoops to get the CCL, it only takes one letter from any officer to get it revoked.
6) They all agreed that they like the idea of citizens having a legal concealed carry (thought that was good).
Of course, it gives them leverage against the CCL holder, why WOULDN'T they love it? They know a letter, legitimate or not could ruin a guys day, so they know they can screw with him as much as they want.

Glad they exposed themselves.

The founding fathers warned us all about big government and its rules and regulations...and its own interpretations of Our rights and freedoms.

Even more warnings were given by them that the financial banking elite would rise up and enslave if allowed to do so. We allowed it, and now are financial slaves. They run the whole show. Police are there to support the corporate status quo, not to help the common man. SHER-IFF: A person who keeps the peasants in line on the master's property. Carried over from our court system imposed on us by the British rule of law.

Dude...(Father of four)...Im not disagreeing with you one bit, thats a whole other can of worms. Im simply stating "laws" of the state of Oregon.

I bet I could set down over a cup of coffee with almost any LEO here at NWFA and most of them would agree with what I am saying. But they will still follow the unconstitutional laws even though they disagree with them.

Of course, it gives them leverage against the CCL holder, why WOULDN'T they love it? They know a letter, legitimate or not could ruin a guys day, so they know they can screw with him as much as they want.

Glad they exposed themselves.
Jesus people....Read the laws...ORS166.291-.293
A cop cant "write" a letter and have your CHL revoked, thats bullschitt.

(Father of four) I completely agree but I wasnt around the last 100 years or so to stop it from getting the way it is now. I/we too have to follow the unconstitutional laws in order not to get arrested.

(Father of four) I completely agree but I wasnt around the last 100 years or so to stop it from getting the way it is now. I/we too have to follow the unconstitutional laws in order not to get arrested.

I am not saying we need to go all crazy and break the laws. But I believe we can do something other then just letting them pass bad laws and the new bad laws rule US and overrule Our rights.

Why dont you all go take it up with Antonin Scalia and we leave this thread to die in peace.

Well heres another one for ya since your the one that got me started on this tangent...
City of Portland
14A.60.010 Possession of a Loaded Firearm in a Public Place.

(Amended by Ordinance No. 184274, effective December 31, 2010.)
A. It is unlawful for any person to knowingly possess or carry a firearm, in or upon a public place, including while in a vehicle in a public place, recklessly having failed to remove all the ammunition from the firearm.
B. It is unlawful for any person to knowingly possess or carry a firearm and that firearm's clip or magazine, in or upon a public place, including while in a vehicle in a public place, recklessly having failed to remove all the ammunition from the clip or magazine.
C. The following are exceptions and constitute affirmative defenses to a violation of this Section:
1. A police officer or other duly appointed peace officers, whether active or honorably retired.
2. A member of the military in the performance of official duty.
3. A person licensed to carry a concealed handgun.

Sorry but it doesnt say in the Constitution you have the right to conceal carry a handgun without a license so you will have to comply with the law in order to conceal carry. Judges dont care what you think your rights are

" the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

The afore mentioned is the text of the 2nd amendment maybe when you have time you might want to take a glance.

To gloss over the meaning we the people of the USA have the right to carry and possession a weapon for offense or defense that shall not be encroach upon in a way that violates law or the rights of another.

The words above are defined using Merriam-Webster online dictionary from the words of the 2nd amendment.

All gun law are unconstitutional per the second amendment as they are infringements plane and simple.

Why dont you all go take it up with Antonin Scalia and we leave this thread to die in peace.

Would love the chance to take it up with him.... With out robes on broadcast tv, live internet, a chat room, and equal footing, I would give my left gentleman jumblies to have that chance. He would crumble without his gavel and cronies and fears the 2nd amendment as he knows it legaly empowers us to overthrow his rule by force if he gets out of control.

I will pass for now as every law enforcement agency in our country disregards the constitution and specifically the 2nd. Without a large movement by the people for the people wanting to reclaim our rights then my fight will be nothing short of Waco II the revenge.

You sure? You should test that for us.
READ.... Some cop who has a grudge or what ever cant just write a letter...
166.293 Denial or revocation of license; review. (1) If the application for the concealed handgun license is denied, the sheriff shall set forth in writing the reasons for the denial. The denial shall be sent to the applicant by certified mail, restricted delivery, within 45 days after the application was made. If no decision is issued within 45 days, the person may seek review under the procedures in subsection (5) of this section.

(2) Notwithstanding ORS 166.291 (1), and subject to review as provided in subsection (5) of this section, a sheriff may deny a concealed handgun license if the sheriff has reasonable grounds to believe that the applicant has been or is reasonably likely to be a danger to self or others, or to the community at large, as a result of the applicant's mental or psychological state or as demonstrated by the applicant's past pattern of behavior involving unlawful violence or threats of unlawful violence.
(3)(a) Any act or condition that would prevent the issuance of a concealed handgun license is cause for revoking a concealed handgun license.
(b) A sheriff may revoke a concealed handgun license by serving upon the licensee a notice of revocation. The notice must contain the grounds for the revocation and must be served either personally or by certified mail, restricted delivery. The notice and return of service shall be included in the file of the licensee. The revocation is effective upon the licensee's receipt of the notice.
(4) Any peace officer or corrections officer may seize a concealed handgun license and return it to the issuing sheriff if the license is held by a person who has been arrested or cited for a crime that can or would otherwise disqualify the person from being issued a concealed handgun license. The issuing sheriff shall hold the license for 30 days. If the person is not charged with a crime within the 30 days, the sheriff shall return the license unless the sheriff revokes the license as provided in subsection (3) of this section.

I woudl argue that the majority of the country is not against obamacare - any evidence otherwise?

James Ruby

Just about every poll shows from 55-66% against...

The only time you see "favorable" polls are when they ask specific questions about specific parts of the law but not the law as a whole.

Regardless though, if it isn't overturned, people will be screaming after 2014... costs are going to skyrocket more than they ever had before.

You can legislate and regulate all you want but the end result is it still costs X to do Y and that cost will be passed on to the consumers...

Every person put on a health care exchange (aka medicare) is being subsidized by every person using private insurance every time they go to the doctor which will continually raise their rates.

It really is simple math and people will be screaming for change in the near future if it isn' averted... competition is the ONLY thing that can ever bring down the cost of care while also increasing the quality of care.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top