JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi,

I am in the market for a gun safe (RSC) with the following specifications, approximate dimensions 60"H X 20"W X 18"D, Minimum 3/16" door and Minimum 10ga body of approximate cost less than $1000 +/-. Some sort of fire lining (drywall, etc) as well plus mechanical lock. I am looking for a local or domestic (USA) manufacturer. I am trying to fit this in a tight spot and the smallest domestic safe is 24" wide, just a few inches too wide, ugh, so close! I will be "stuffing" 7-9 long guns sans scopes in it. What I am looking for might be considered a "10 Long Gun Safe" but made in USA with 10ga body and 3/16 door. I have yet to find such an animal!

I am able to find overseas chinese safes that meet the size and cost requirements, however they are usually 14ga body and door. Something about this size: Costco - Sentry®Safe EM1055EP Executive Firearms Safe

I saw Rogue safes down in Southern Oregon has a 18DX22WX60H size, which I might be able to somehow make work (just 2 inches too wide), but I don't think they would be in my budget.

I found a place in Eugene called Western Security that would work perfect (they had a 10 gun model), Western Security Gun Safes but I think they are out of business! I would love to do business with someone local. Any former employees from Western Security still making these in their garage, contact me!

Sturdy Safe down in California has a 24W19Dx60H, but once again a little too wide and their price is out of my range, but they more than meet the steel thickness requirements. I suppose a custom version that is narrowed down would cost more! Good stuff from Sturdy though!

Thanks!

Saw the Rhino guys, they are just a tad too big@ 27" wide, but they are the right idea. Good product though. Wish they had a 10-14 gun safe! Dang!

See if Rogue Safes can make you one to your specs. In this economy, they might be willing to do it in order to secure some business.
I've had my eye on Rogues for awhile...I'd love to have one. Great quality, made right, and somewhat locally made.

I found these guys up in Vancouver, WA
<broken link removed>
This one is a little on the small side for what I am looking for, but could work. They say the body is "10-12 Gauge Steel body", not sure on the door. I am looking for 10 ga on body and 3/16 minimum on the door. I doubt these are made domestically, probably a rebranded chinese one? Supposedly most of the 59" high versions are a common design made in China that people rebrand (Sentry, Stack-on, etc). I have no problem with Chinese stuff, I have a lots of it, I just want to support the local guy on this purchase. I suppose it is not cost efficient to make a smaller 10 gun safe in USA of 10ga body and 3/16 plate door. I may have to fire up my welder on this quest, I just don't have ability to make a door!

sorry to say it but you won't find 10ga steel in your price range...

all safes under 1000$ local or imported will be 12ga, 11ga if you're lucky..

the 10ga steel safes start at around 1600 and up...

honestly, if what you have inside is not worth that much, then I don't see the point in getting 10ga safe... it will still be opened by a determined thief, just takes a bit longer...

the best way to avoid a loss is to hide the safe well, and it sounds like you have the perfect spot figured out....

just don't see any way you can find a new safe with 10ga steel for under a grand... anybody who sold them for that would have to be on clearance or going out of business... metals are so expensive now...

I found these guys up in Vancouver, WA
<broken link removed>
This one is a little on the small side for what I am looking for, but could work. They say the body is "10-12 Gauge Steel body", not sure on the door. I am looking for 10 ga on body and 3/16 minimum on the door. I doubt these are made domestically, probably a rebranded chinese one? Supposedly most of the 59" high versions are a common design made in China that people rebrand (Sentry, Stack-on, etc). I have no problem with Chinese stuff, I have a lots of it, I just want to support the local guy on this purchase. I suppose it is not cost efficient to make a smaller 10 gun safe in USA of 10ga body and 3/16 plate door. I may have to fire up my welder on this quest, I just don't have ability to make a door!

Tracker safes ARE just rebranded chinese safes, but they are still pretty decent. They are probably a step up from the Stack-on safes (Seem to use better locks), I have the T220-X and have been very happy with my purchase.

Not a bad way to keep at least some of the profit local for an affordable safe.

Well, I would settle for 12ga, but I am not able to find the smaller size (less than 20" width). The overseas ones (Sentry or even name brand like the AMSEC TF5517 are using what looks like 14ga. bodies)

I was going off of the gun safe buyer's guide Gun Safe Buyers' Guide and they said try to get a 10ga body. I think my main problem is the width of anything domestic is running around 24" for the smallest. My spot needs something <20" width or right at 20" if I get creative.

sorry to say it but you won't find 10ga steel in your price range...

all safes under 1000$ local or imported will be 12ga, 11ga if you're lucky..

the 10ga steel safes start at around 1600 and up...

honestly, if what you have inside is not worth that much, then I don't see the point in getting 10ga safe... it will still be opened by a determined thief, just takes a bit longer...

the best way to avoid a loss is to hide the safe well, and it sounds like you have the perfect spot figured out....

just don't see any way you can find a new safe with 10ga steel for under a grand... anybody who sold them for that would have to be on clearance or going out of business... metals are so expensive now...

Yes, I saw these guys. Great product. Probably the best value out there. Their smallest one is just a little wide for my application. Also, a little bit more than my budget. How much can they beat their website prices?

Gun Safes : Fire Safe Manufacturer : Sturdy Gun Safe or go home. Call for better prices than the website. Any 12ga safe is a joke..might as well put yer guns in a cardboard box.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide

Hmmm....not in the budget, you say? So, the family heirloom from grandad, the surprise gift from a loving wife, or guns you would like to pass on to your grandchildren you want to put into a wallboard lined safe? The wallboard turns to steam when exposed to heat...imagine a closed container filled with steam and the effect it may have...also, how would you feel if the 'bargain' safe you seek has been broken into, guns stolen, and someone is injured or killed as a result of staying within your 'price point'.

Its amazing the value of items put into a bargain safe. Take a deep breath, call Rogue Safe, tell Knute your requirements and go from there. I did, and don't consider the purchase extravagant. The safe itself is an heirloom, and will last a good long time.

See if Rogue Safes can make you one to your specs. In this economy, they might be willing to do it in order to secure some business.
I've had my eye on Rogues for awhile...I'd love to have one. Great quality, made right, and somewhat locally made.

Have you priced a Rogue safe? was interested to see how they stack up vs Sturdy safe.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top