1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Local gun clubs

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Starship, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Starship

Starship NE Portland Active Member

Have a friend in Lake Oswego looking to start handgun shooting.
    Any places in the Lake Oswego (Tualatin) area that I can recommend??

I did advise his about Johnson Creek (I'm a member) and he is looking at Tri-County and I have recommended them but he would like to find something indoors this time of year.

2. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Even though it is a bit of a drive, he should check out Douglas Ridge as well. It's kind of out in the boonies, but that's one of the reasons I like it.

Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
  3. keystir

keystir Hillsboro, OR Active Member

I would recommend the Clackamas County Public Safety Training Center. It is located just south of the Clackamas Town Center on 82nd.

Public Safety Training Center

I know your friend lives in Lake Oswego so this may not be a worry for him but I always recommend going on Thursdays because you get $10.00 off your lane fee if you bring in a box of cereal. (You can find cereal for a $1.00 a box at the grocery outlet and $2.00 if you look hard enough at the regular stores.) Ammo runs about $15-$20/50 depending on the caliber. The last time I went it cost $9.00/100 for .22lr and $16.00/50 for 9mm. The place itself is outstanding. Great staff and tons of guns to rent. All around just a great place to go.