JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Ive gotten two posts from guys on a couple of my firearms for sale.

Both are something to the extent of, is it still for sale(on a trade ad)

also, just got one that gave a persons number, asked where we can meet, and if the gun was still for sale.

When I clicked on the three guys profiles who had contacted me, there had been about 15-20 replies with the identical post.

It makes me think there is some kind of scam going on.

what are your thoughts

I wouldnt be totally surpirsed, partially because that is probably the best the government is capable of... Copy and Past, Copy and paste.

But who knows for sure, I am sure they patrol sites like this one trying to keep an eye out for bad guys.

A bot would be more likely than a person copying and pasting. The mods should be able to ban via IP address to curb such abuse.

But who knows for sure, I am sure they patrol sites like this one trying to keep an eye out for bad guys.

Or good guys they want to snare in one of the schemes and make you out to be a "bad guy" for publicity purposes.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

from the thread it looks like one person interested is across state lines. That could be problematic unless you go through an FFL and does sound like something ATF would try to snag you on. Then they would try to get you to trick others into similar activities so they can bust them too.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads