JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looked like a nice indoor range with a lot of room for various training & practice options.
Large investment - I bet they do well & it will be around for a while.

The advantage of indoor ranges has typically been that you don't have to drive for 2-3hrs to shoot. But good luck finding 1000yds in the big city to devote to an indoor range!!

The advantage of indoor ranges has typically been that you don't have to drive for 2-3hrs to shoot. But good luck finding 1000yds in the big city to devote to an indoor range!!
Good luck finding 100...

Or just good luck being in a big city. I drove through Philly, hate those turns. Granted different from a combo vehicle perspective, but I'd hate em in the ranger too.

Good luck finding 100...

Or just good luck being in a big city. I drove through Philly, hate those turns. Granted different from a combo vehicle perspective, but I'd hate em in the ranger too.

That was the big factor that I didn't like when I was delivering RVs.... no matter how enjoyable the open road, I still had to deal with going into big cities. Not like driving a triple tho.

I drove in a few of the cities in the east... no thx! One time I got caught in the loop going around D.C. and couldn't figure out how to get off.

That was the big factor that I didn't like when I was delivering RVs.... no matter how enjoyable the open road, I still had to deal with going into big cities. Not like driving a triple tho.

I drove in a few of the cities in the east... no thx! One time I got caught in the loop going around D.C. and couldn't figure out how to get off.
The best way to do it? Stay on I-95, never ever go 495 or 395 in VA. 395 you have to turn around, 495 is guaranteed sh!tfest unless you drive at night. Also, map open on the phone, and stop to look. I've had to do that for a few deliveries. Cause cities make your GPS cry uncle.

And never ever just stay on I-95 blindly either. Take I-295 AROUND Richmond, again unless its night (even then 295 is better, cause you are moving at a consistent 65-70). Also, tappan zee all the way instead of the damn george washington bridge in NY. I have to remember that cause the GPS wants me to go on that bridge, since my trailer is 48' and legal in NYC (fvck me right?). Back when trucks were allowed on both levels it was so much easier, just do the opposite of what the traffic stuff says.

You can tell I drive on I-95 too much... Also, north 17 in VA to I-66 if you ever need to get to I-81. Or 70 even if its in PA and not MD. More miles but more moving.

This is where we (currently) shoot long range...

Set up our targets hereView attachment 600033

And shoot them FROM where you see the red spot (1000yds away).... nature's video enhanced range. ;)
View attachment 600034

Hey, fellas, I'm not saying that what they have in Ulm is the best thing since sliced bread, all I'm posted here for is for you to see what ONE place in Germany is like, okay?

As for the picture above, well, do I REALLY need to point out that there is absolutely NOWHERE in Germany that they can shoot like that? Hell, everybody in Europe, bar none, has to come over to Bisley, England, to shoot ANYTHING further than 300m.

The best way to do it? Stay on I-95, never ever go 495 or 395 in VA. 395 you have to turn around, 495 is guaranteed sh!tfest unless you drive at night. Also, map open on the phone, and stop to look. I've had to do that for a few deliveries. Cause cities make your GPS cry uncle.

And never ever just stay on I-95 blindly either. Take I-295 AROUND Richmond, again unless its night (even then 295 is better, cause you are moving at a consistent 65-70). Also, tappan zee all the way instead of the damn george washington bridge in NY. I have to remember that cause the GPS wants me to go on that bridge, since my trailer is 48' and legal in NYC (fvck me right?). Back when trucks were allowed on both levels it was so much easier, just do the opposite of what the traffic stuff says.

You can tell I drive on I-95 too much... Also, north 17 in VA to I-66 if you ever need to get to I-81. Or 70 even if its in PA and not MD. More miles but more moving.

Not fun!!!

You can't just 'buy a gun' in Germany. Their firearms laws make those of the UK look positively helpful. Like compulsory training for hunters, and a total inability to actually shoot on your own land...

Three different form of firearms permission documentation and firm limits to the type and number of firearms you may be permitted to own, just for a start..............
A very nice facility. But it does rather remind me of a zoo. Better than nothing for sure but all rigidly controlled.
Wouldn't trade it for my own back yard.
2019070495195447.jpg

Andy walks in...
Fires one shot from his flintlock...
The range is closed for an hour as the smoke clears...:eek::D
Just kidding...kinda...:D

Indoor ranges may be needed in certain areas...Due to population and environmental concerns...
It is always nice to folks shooting and enjoy firearms.
Andy

Last Edited:
Lesson learned, Gentlemen. I'll keep future 'this is how it's done elsewhere's' firmly in the box.

Thanks for all the comments.
Nah, I honestly think its a cool concept. I'd build one near Asheville NC to piss off the leftists trying to push for gun control. But that's just me.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top