JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Your safe weighs over 1500 pounds Why bother bolting it down?
When I bought it six years ago, the movers said the BFX7240 weighed 1991 pounds and had a 2 hour fire rating. I was going to bolt it to the floor but the movers offered to do themselves at no extra cost. It was a two year old floor model, and cost me $5600.

They moved it off the truck loading gate on pipes, and by bolting it down no one can slip the leading edge of a hydraulic lift under the front edge. It would take some real demolition work to tear out everything around it to get to the sides or back.

Last Edited:
When I bought it six years ago, the movers said the BFX7240 weighed 1991 pounds and had a 2 hour fire rating. I was going to bolt it to the floor but the movers offered to do themselves at no extra cost. It was a two year old floor model, and cost me $5600.

They moved it off the truck loading gate on pipes, and by bolting it down no one can slip the leading edge of a hydraulic lift under the front edge. It would take some real demolition work to tear out everything around it to get to the sides or back.
I too have older BF series safes with the 2 hour fire rating--they are my fav safes

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews