JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Liberty safe withstands over 8 hours of attack to break into it. So for 8 grand thats about $1000 per hour of protection....

I'm happy with my liberty safe. Although I hope it never has to go through a trial like that.

That is actually hilarious. Not that the guys home was broken into but that the scum spent that much time and effort to only come away empty handed. I hope the owner will now also invest in an alarm system. They are VERY cheap now days.

Liberty safe withstands over 8 hours of attack to break into it. So for 8 grand thats about $1000 per hour of protection....

Most people who buy safes don't spend nearly $8k for a safe--I changed a combo on a Liberty safe last week, it had a 45 minute fire rating and came with a piece of drywall in the door. It coulda been opened with a cut-off wheel & a circular saw

That is actually hilarious. Not that the guys home was broken into but that the scum spent that much time and effort to only come away empty handed. I hope the owner will now also invest in an alarm system. They are VERY cheap now days.
Or at least a camera that sends an alert. Then he could have driven home and showed the guy what he stores inside that thing....

Yup, I'm more than happy with my Liberty Safe, er, Residential Security Container. And it just happens to be bolted to concrete as well, guess that was a smart move…

A would be thief would be screwed trying to get into mine, there's no grinder or cut off wheel power tools available, no pry bars, no sledge hammers. They'd be stuck with a plain ole hammer and screwdriver…

Most people who buy safes don't spend nearly $8k for a safe--I changed a combo on a Liberty safe last week, it had a 45 minute fire rating and came with a piece of drywall in the door. It coulda been opened with a cut-off wheel & a circular saw
I guess it depends on how much you want to protect your stuff. Its true most people dont spend that kind of money, but I wonder how much people would spend if they knew for a fact they would get an attempted break in at some point?

I guess it depends on how much you want to protect your stuff. Its true most people dont spend that kind of money, but I wonder how much people would spend if they knew for a fact they would get an attempted break in at some point?
The unfortunate thing is a lot of gun owners don't see it necessary to even have a safe or to secure their items. That is until they are taken advantage of. I'm not saying a safe is a guarantee but it sure as hell is a deterrent/delay.

it took 5 big guys an hour to get my safe into the house and to the bedroom empty, it is now bolted to the floor with fairly limited access to the door. no heavy tools are readily available. and is no longer empty. I feel pretty good about possible break-ins. National security safe

The picture in that article appears to show a safe against an interior wall with damaged carpet removed in front. I'm surprised the burglar spent all that time working on the front door instead of the sides.

I was impressed by the two guys that unloaded my 1991# AmSec BF117240 safe from their unmarked truck and installed it in the garage. It is bolted to the concrete floor of course, with one side against the back wall and the safe back up against a welded steel rack that stores plywood. The other side is covered by a fire rated cabinet [also bolted to the floor] that is heavily loaded with reloading components.

I guess its kind of like the people who do not carry a gun. If they knew they were going to be attacked they would want to have one. Even most of us who carry a gun often do not carry what we would want if we knew we were going to need it. So we "compromise".
Any safe beats no safe, just like any gun beats no gun. I can't speak for all but I have layers of protection. Due to the inane laws we have here now making selling not worth it I have never in my life owned this many guns at one time. So I have layers. Couple gun safes for one. Alarm system also. Lastly insurance. So if they get past the alarm, then get past the safe's, and still make it out with the guns, insurance will not fully replace them but, they will give me enough to go shopping again. Now I could certainly spend enough on a safe to buy a decent vehicle if I wanted to. I just choose not to. Some are not in the same position I am. They really can not just spend that kind of money of a safe if they wish to eat. So for them I just hope they have "some layers" of protection.

They really can not just spend that kind of money of a safe if they wish to eat. So for them I just hope they have "some layers" of protection.
Absolutely agree. My only advice for buying a safe is to buy the most you can afford.

If you're protecting $50k of guns, I think an $8k safe is wise. If you're protecting a high point and a PSA AR, probably not

Lots of lessons here...

1. Bolt your safe down (owner did good)
  2. You need some type of monitoring on your safe. Maybe that's a household alarm system and/or a system that monitors the safe and sends you an alert if anyone goes near it. But nobody should be able to spend 8 hours in your house without having to defeat an alarm of some kind to do it
  3. Secure your tools. It is VERY common for thieves to use tools they find in the house. So figure something out...lock the tools down, store the cutoff wheels/blades IN the safe, etc.
  4. Make sure you have good insurance in case the other things fail. Many regular home owner policy cap firearms at $2K.

The picture in that article appears to show a safe against an interior wall with damaged carpet removed in front. I'm surprised the burglar spent all that time working on the front door instead of the sides.

I was impressed by the two guys that unloaded my 1991# AmSec BF117240 safe from their unmarked truck and installed it in the garage. It is bolted to the concrete floor of course, with one side against the back wall and the safe back up against a welded steel rack that stores plywood. The other side is covered by a fire rated cabinet [also bolted to the floor] that is heavily loaded with reloading components.
Your safe weighs over 1500 pounds

Why bother bolting it down?

Yes a alarm system and camera would be a nice edition to watch over the safe. Liberty Safe used make a monitor system the detects movement, open and closed door events, and monitors the safe humidity as well. But looks like it has been discontinued or out of stock.

I just watched movers deal with moving my safe. its 990 empty. When I have all my ammo and stuff its easy over 1500 lbs. Your not moving it. If you and your crack head buddy can move it, you deserve it.

Also I have a gun writer on my insurance policy. Not sure what more to do.

I just watched movers deal with moving my safe. its 990 empty. When I have all my ammo and stuff its easy over 1500 lbs. Your not moving it. If you and your crack head buddy can move it, you deserve it.

Also I have a gun writer on my insurance policy. Not sure what more to do.
We just got done moving and I have not yet bolted them back down. I may not bother this time other than maybe bolt them to the wall. The safes themselves are only about #500. I had forgotten just how much the damn ammo weighs until I went to move it all :eek: The movers would not do it so I had to. DAMN! It was one hell of a work out packing the damn stuff into the vehicle and then into the new place one load at a time. By the time I stack the bottom of each safe with ammo, not to mention the guns, no crack head is going to be walking those damn things out of here. I put the oldest safe in a small closet that I had to enlarge the doorway just to get it in. It went in and back into the spot. I was drenched in sweat by the time I got done. By the time I loaded a lot of ammo in it would take a superman to pull that sucker out of that hole now :D. Not to mention the alarm system so I sleep well

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA

New Resource Reviews