JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I consider the problems you reference to be wildly overstated compared to how often they actually occur. I've also observed the majority of issues to be the result of poor handling/mechanics rather than an actual flaw of the firearm.

I'm glad you're happy with your gun. The term "outperform" is really vague though, what will it allow you to do that would not be possible with a stock Glock?
I would say it's more accurate with the better quality barrel. I feel my compensator helps as well with that. Other than that I would say long term durability vs a Stock Glock mine would win. Due to to titanium/billet parts like the extractor firing pin springs guide rod and such. These parts have a record of failing and are almost considered"wear" items in a glock.
The MIM Extractor failures are a real thing. One way it happens is when the pistol is dropped just right. Anyways probably a small chance but with it being my life depends on it gun. Not one I'll take
Edit: also slide is 7075 Billet so stronger than factory too

Go ahead and keep that plastic guide rod and MIM Extractor LMAO.
Only people who are fanatics believe Glock is perfect from the factory. There is lots of room for improvement. Otherwise why would there be 5 generations so far?

BTW I'm at over 5k through my "Not a Glock" using only ETS Mags and have yet to see a FTE or FTF or get brass to face
You're the only one on the planet to get ETS mags to work.
You are my hero.

OP
It's been documented that in a Gen3, two failure prone parts are the trigger spring and the slide lock spring.
The Slide Lock Spring is that "L" shaped leaf spring that stabs into the frame.
If it breaks, it can be a beach to get out of the frame.
The Trigger Spring lives inside the TMH (Trigger Mechanism Housing).
It must be oriented (hooked in) correctly.

Inexpensive parts = cheap insurance

Lenny Magill is pimp!.. - Vito Corleone
All the n00bs seem to end up at Lenny's place.
It's often the first hit in a Search and it looks like the official store.

The real Glock Store...

I've already decided against the ETS mags. Going to stick OEM where they are concerned. Just ordered the Vickers extended mag release. KKM barrel will stay .40!:s0060: Was thinking of the magwell that pops in using the butt plug area.

I've tried a number of different barrels on different Glocks and KKM is the one that impressed me the most.

Taylor Freelance up in my neck of the woods makes that magwell. I personally like their Seattle Slug on full size Glocks.

Well, she is in good and capable hands now! Decided to go a couple different ways but, in the end, she is going to be all mine and the way I want it!:D

As we used to say in the service, "Stand by to stand by!":s0140:

I was really leaning to the KKM barrel but, upon inspection of the OEM barrel, I decided to keep it and have it coated black. Rifling looked really good still so, I figure why fix what's not broken. Besides, that's more money for some boolitz!:D And she's getting a new set of Glock factory night sights.

I was really leaning to the KKM barrel but, upon inspection of the OEM barrel, I decided to keep it and have it coated black. Rifling looked really good still so, I figure why fix what's not broken. Besides, that's more money for some boolitz!:D And she's getting a new set of Glock factory night sights.
The Ameriglo Bold sights that Glock sells are excellent day/night sights.
Unless you want Combat Hold, don't get a "set" without doing your homework.

1) Bench the gun with the existing sights and note POA/POI
2) With your calipers, measure sight height above the slide (Glock includes depth of dovetail, so minus .080" for their stuff)
3) If necessary, do your "Sight Math" or use the Sight Calculators at Dawson or Ameriglo.
4) Buy the correct sights for your preferred POA/POI

Pistol Sight Pictures.png

I just installed fiber optic sights on my Model 26. I'm glad I have a shop with many vices, an arbor press, a selection of brass hammers and a vocabulary that is rich in curse words. Now I will take it out and fire it an various known ranges to see where it hits. If it does a bad job, I will attach a bayonet lug.

So, as the sickness continues, I am now picking up a Gen3 Glock 33 with a (I'm assuming) Glock 27 barrel making it shoot .40. So can I use standard Glock 27 mags in this frame? Are the Gen4 mags usable also? Much appreciate any info from the Glock informed!:D

No laser. It is a Chinese Surefire clone and did come with the gun. I took it off and through it in the junk bin for now. Not sure I'm going to use a light on this as, I am planning a good set of night sights. The ones on it are dead.:rolleyes:

A good WML will do you a lot better than night sights. What good are night sights if you can't see what you're aiming at?

So, as the sickness continues, I am now picking up a Gen3 Glock 33 with a (I'm assuming) Glock 27 barrel making it shoot .40. So can I use standard Glock 27 mags in this frame? Are the Gen4 mags usable also? Much appreciate any info from the Glock informed!:D

Yes. :)

Actually, my son convinced me to keep it and put it back on. It surprisingly is very bright at night.:s0155:

I'd take a reliable WML over night sites any day of the week. Night sights are cool gimmicks that help you find the gun on the nightstand in the dark. I run them on all my Glocks, only because that's what the cool kids do.

Well that and I hate Glocks factory plastic crap sights.
Yeah, I hate them too and find them rather distracting from the firearm. Going to keep the G33 in .40 to eliminate buying another caliber in this day of ammo shortages. I might put it into the carry rotation due to its size.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top