JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, I hate them too and find them rather distracting from the firearm. Going to keep the G33 in .40 to eliminate buying another caliber in this day of ammo shortages. I might put it into the carry rotation due to its size.

.357 Sig is all but dead anyway.

I'd take a reliable WML over night sites any day of the week. Night sights are cool gimmicks that help you find the gun on the nightstand in the dark. I run them on all my Glocks, only because that's what the cool kids do.

Good set of steel sights will let you rack the slide off your belt too, I've seen cool kids do that too, even tried it out and did it and then I was a cool kid so I immediately thought I needed to buy a custom $1500 Glock to retain my cool kid status, but decided I was ok with not being a cool kid and would rather have other stuff like ammo and practice so I can shoot better than most people who buy $1500 custom Glocks. :confused:

Good set of steel sights will let you rack the slide off your belt too, I've seen cool kids do that too, even tried it out and did it and then I was a cool kid so I immediately thought I needed to buy a custom $1500 Glock to retain my cool kid status, but decided I was ok with not being a cool kid and would rather have other stuff like ammo and practice so I can shoot better than most people who buy $1500 custom Glocks. :confused:
Just take your Glock and shoot with the Gangsta Cant.
And hey, you are now cool and it is all free !

Jerry teaches shooting Gangsta Style !

Picked up the 33-40 this morning. Instant approval!:D Needs some TWLC cleaning but, I think I'm really going to love this one!

thumbnail_IMG_0291.jpg thumbnail_IMG_0292.jpg thumbnail_IMG_0293.jpg thumbnail_IMG_0294.jpg

Picked up the 33-40 this morning. Instant approval!:D Needs some TWLC cleaning but, I think I'm really going to love this one!

View attachment 743396 View attachment 743397 View attachment 743398 View attachment 743399

It's going to be a handful to shoot. I've shot a G27, it wasn't mine but a guy next to me at my range. He couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. It was his first handgun. EVER. And the recoil was too much, with the small grip, short barrel and .40. I did OK with it but not my favorite. And I've been shooting pistols for over 30 years.

Let us know how you like it!

It's going to be a handful to shoot.
Got her all cleaned and despite the wear on the muzzle area, the frame and all internals look to be in excellent shape! Smooth slide action and trigger pull is not to shabby either! I've got a smallish hand and with the mag extension, I can get a pretty good grip on her. I may try and hit the range in the next day or so and see how she fares. I'll follow up soon.:s0155:

Got her all cleaned and despite the wear on the muzzle area, the frame and all internals look to be in excellent shape! Smooth slide action and trigger pull is not to shabby either! I've got a smallish hand and with the mag extension, I can get a pretty good grip on her. I may try and hit the range in the next day or so and see how she fares. I'll follow up soon.:s0155:

I think you and I need to get together so you can show me how to shoot. :D

Oh I ain't no expert by any means! Like you said, that recoil from the .40 in such a small package, may put me all over the place!:s0140::rolleyes:
My carry gun for a while was an XDS 40. Heavy trigger, only 6 rounds, heavy, and the recoil was punishing. So bad, in fact, that I actually added a Pachmyr rubber grip. But it was incredibly accurate at 25 yards for a pocket pistol...

IMG_20170216_144257959_HDR.jpg

after seeing the officer shoot the perp 7 times in the back , maybe the 9mm isn't the correct cartridge for the job.

lol :):cool:

Typically the result of the dept requiring the use of FMJ RN bullets. IMO a "proper" SD bullet like Hornady in either Critical Defense or Critical Duty should do the job.

Remember the LEO that shot the perp 18 times with .45ACP and it barely slowed the guy down? The guy was not pumped on drugs either!!!

Handgun performance is a tossup. Shoulda got the patrol carbine. ;):)

Back on topic.

A lot here. My favorite Glock is my G29, with a 6" Lone Wolf barrel, TFX sights, crimson trace grip, and strobe rail light. I reload REAL 10mm for it. Nothing like a Hard Cast (cast myself, thank you Mr. Lee) 185gr powder coated wad semi-cutter at 1350fps thanks to HS-6 powder and Starline brass. My second favorite is my home-made 45 Super compact; a G30sf Frame with a G36 slide and KKM 45 Super barrel, 29lbs wolf recoil spring and titanium guide rod. Can't beat a 255gr hard cast (cast myself, than you Mr. Lee) powder coated semi-wad cutter at 1100fps out of a pocket gun thanks to HS-6 powder and Starline brass (is there an echo in here?). My third favorite Glock is my G27 with a 357 Sig Lone Wolf barrel. I hear a lot of folks complain about recoil, but I can't tell the difference between shooting 357 Sig and 9mm, the felt recoil for me is the same. 40 is a bit harder than 357 Sig, the heavier bullets you can feel it more, but not as much as the 10mm or 45 Super. When shooting 45 ACP out of the 45 Super, its actually less recoil than 40 out of the G27. That low pressure with a heavy spring makes a difference. And 357 Sig makes a nice "crack" as it goes supersonic like the 10mm does. In fact, the only time I can really tell a difference in recoil out of all my Glocks is when I'm shooting the actual 45 Super rounds in my homebrew G30S. But to be fair, I carried an Model 28 5" 357 mag for years and years before I switched to semi-autos. So I'm used to a more stout recoil out of my handguns. The lightest recoil I've experienced is out of my new MoGlock (Mossberg MC2c); it shoots like a dream. Much nicer than my G27 with the 9mm barrel I used for practice. Out of all of them, the G27 is probably the most "practical", as you can shoot four calibers out of it if you get the conversions for it. I shoot a lot of 22lr with it using my Advantage Arms 22lr upper. Its a 40 S&W, a 9x19, a 357 Sig, and a 22lr. And takes compact and full size mags as well as subcompact mags. And has a bazillion after market tinker toys and add-ons for it to play with to your fiddly hearts content. So you'll always have options with it. If you could only get one gun, I'd say get a Gen3 G27 if you have small to medium hands, or a Gen4 for the adjustable back straps if you have larger hands.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top