JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sorry man, I was being sarcastic! That was a preemptive strike against the the people whom would try and rebuke your story.

I full heatedly believe your account. It is completely asinine to assume someone would lay in wait for for a random person to hoax in such a remote area. Yet that is precisely the explanation most of the critics would try to use to explain away the experience. It's been suggested in this thread already.
10-4

So you think it's *more* likely an unproven-to-exist species living in 2020, that goes thru apparently enormous efforts to hide, and has a higher level of thinking to know how to hide and to use tools, and successfully evaded man for a really long time, throws rocks to "out" himself from his hiding place?

You think that's a more likely explanation than any number of explanations. I bet if we really put our heads together there's a half dozen probable explanations that don't include a Yeti.
Well, yes I do!

Actually, I believe that is an attempt to persuade people to move on rather an act to "out" themselves.

You can believe whatever you want.

I KNOW they are real.

How do you KNOW they are real?

Man has machines, guns, mysterious magic like powers to create lights, fly, make fire, roads, big machines that move earth.

Assuming these Yeti have a higher level of thinking (tool use, ability and understanding how to expertly hide, etc.), what makes you think them throwing a rock is going to scare humans?

Analogy. I know grizzly bears are very dangerous and could kill me easily. Let's say I'm out in the woods, and for whatever reason hiding without any tools and a momma grizzly is with her cubs nearby. She hasn't noticed me and is just sitting there watching her cubs. I'm very well hidden and the wind is in my favor. Multiple choice question:
A. I stay hidden, observe, and hope she moves on with her business and never sees me or,
B. I draw all sorts of attention to my self by throwing rocks and her and making shouting noises and grunts.

I think the answer is obvious.

If Yeti exist, they can't be both really really smart enough to know and have the ability to expertly hide AND have the stupidity to draw attention to themselves so that man hunts them with our boom sticks and magical lights and loud machinery and flying orbs.
I think you have it backwards in your logic.

Why would you try and scare off a grizzly? You are in their territory. Mankind is the interloper that needs chasing off. If the momma bear caught wind of you in your scenario, you can bet your azz that she would try and get you out of there!

The correct answer is none of the above.

No, bears like most UNINTELLIGENT animals naturally fear humans and will avoid them. Some are aggressive when protecting territory or their young.

Territory is irrelevant for INTELLIGENT creatures in this example. No intelligent creature, even if territory is invaded, is going to out itself and pick a fight it will lose.

We would have to assume that Yeti are intelligent enough and observant enough to avoid humans at all cost, and do it remarkably well, for reasons that they fear humans b/c they've seen how humans are very destructive, deadly, violent, etc. We'd be "demons" in their minds, with magical powers of violence, machines, flight, light, fire, etc.

The last thing one would do is essentially yell, "Hey, look over here for a Yeti!" if it encountered a demon human. Same thing in the scenario with the bear. A human is going to lay as still and quiet as possible and hope the bear moves away.
OK, you're right. Animals never attack people who wander into their territory.

All the people who have been killed by animals in the wild must have died from some other reason.

I guess you never had a dog.
Or a cat...

Well, maybe she's more evil than intelligent. She catches mice, brings them inside, and drops them off in my Jacuzzi. They can't get out of the tub, so she plays with them until they're near-dead, then leaves. She comes back after a few hours to check on them to see if they've recovered. If they have, she jumps back in the tub and plays with them some more. It's hideous! When I first found out about it (came home from work to loud bumping/knocking noises in my master bedroom), I was horrified to see what she had learned how to do. Thing is, I can't break her of it! :eek:

She even picks up balls and stuff to dump in the tub and chase around. She got tired of losing toys under the couch and bookshelves, so now she takes her toys into the Jacuzzi and plays with them in there and she never loses them anymore. Like this...

Nutty cat... :rolleyes:

View attachment Charli_tub.MOV

Last Edited:
Man's imagination and fear is far more dangerous and real than any bigfoot/sasquatch.

Sasquatch is not real for a large number of reasons:
Thermal imaging
Night vision
Trail cameras
Hunters
Skeletons
Satellites
Hikers
Nature photographers

Edit: the snow leopard in China or wherever it lives is supposedly the most difficult mammal to get photos of. People climb up to ridiculous terrain and then use a telephoto lens about 3 feet long to look about a mile away. It's ridiculous the lengths people go through to get good photos, and you're telling me we can't get one of sasquatch of lives in effectively our ow backyard?

The combination of all of those together not being able to produce a single verifiable body is enough for me to say "ha ha."

Now - if you want to read something scary - read the historical accounts of wolf attacks throughout the country. That's enough to make you carry a large rifle into the woods.

Also - when you are in the woods, there are a number of threats - some more aggressive than others and while I am of the opinion That mammals, insects, reptiles and the weather should be a concern taken into account, however that the most dangerous thing a person can find in the woods is other people.

My predominate concern out in the woods is not wild animals, but people who perceive an opportunity to do evil in an isolated area.

Last Edited:
I find it insulting when people argue with me about what ~I~ experienced. I was there. I went through it. I saw what ~I~ saw. Nobody gets to judge that in my opinion without calling my own intelligence and veracity into question. Sometimes that's no big deal, but with this stuff its insulting.

Now, anyway, here's a thought I've been kicking around: hibernation. What if its like a sloth or bear, and has weird sleep cycles and periods of inactivity?

Animals can be extremely intelligent. I grew up with border collies and own bulldogs. My experience is that bulldogs are ridiculously good at problem solving and communication.

Also territory is very relevant to humans.

Unexplainable things in the wilderness remind me of what happens when you drop something and can't find it immediately because it bounced or rolled in a unpredictable way. I'm sure many people have experienced dropping something and then looking for a while and not able to find it, only to expand the search area to what seems like a unreasonable
to need to look only to then find it. Then scratching your head wondering how the heck it managed to get so far away.

Occams razor applies. My yard is composed of a lot of sandy material. I can grab a weed / plant by the top and because the soil is so poor I can rip the entire thing out of the yard, root system entirely intact. Makes it very easy to pull weeds, very poor for growing food.

I've personally seen cows, horses, deer, and elk feeding on grasses/plants - pull it off the ground like a piece of sod and then drop it shortly after because they didn't want to eat the entire clod.

On the list of "evidence of sasquatch" a grass clump and gravel discoloration mark is very low on the totem pole.

I'm sure many people have experienced dropping something and then looking for a while and not able to find it, only to expand the search area to what seems like a unreasonable
to need to look only to then find it. Then scratching your head wondering how the heck it managed to get so far away.
For me, this would be AR-15 detente springs.
I don't know how, but whenever I'm putting one together, I can count on launching at least a couple of those damned little springs into low earth orbit... :rolleyes:

I don't know how, but whenever I'm putting one together, I can count on launching at least a couple of those damned little springs into low earth orbit... :rolleyes:

The other day I shot one out and I saw where it landed and there were 3 touching.

When dealing with small springs, do the operation inside a large clear plastic bag so you can see what you're doing and if/when the spring launches it's harmlessly captures in the bag and easy to recover.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews