JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am a brand new hunter. However I have been fortunate to have a coworker who has been able to mentor me a bit, and he bow hunts elk so he didnt care about showing me a spot he has seen a lot of deer at. So I have taken almost every chance I have to go out and scout that place. And boy that place is rich in deer. So because of that I keep going out to scout even more. In total I have been scouting to this place 4 times within 2 months.

Almost every time I have noticed something odd, something a little off in a really subtle way, and I do not think I would have even noticed if I had not already had what I believe was an encounter with several sasquatch. I'll go ahead and describe the 3 odd things I noticed.

1. My first time scouting out there I went with my coworker. We saw I kid you not 11 deer in about 4 hours. That was not the odd thing though. As we hiked up this old closed off logging road I looked into the treeline, and noticed a decent height pine sapling bent to the right. Every single other tree and sapling was straight as a pole, except this one. I looked at the base of the sapling, but it wasnt broken, it was too green to snap, and even more peculiar, was that this sapling was pinned underneath a larger trees branch. It is almost like something with tremendous strength had grabbed the damn thing and pinned it under the branch. I mentioned it to my coworker and all he said was it was probably the wind.

2. Last week I went to set up a game cam. I was all fired up to get out there and set it deep into the forest, but I made the mistake of eating a greasy breakfast and had a horrible case of the bubblegums. So I, out of desperation, looked around fairly close to me and discovered a bowl that had some old burnt out trees in it. As I walked up the logging road paralleling the bowl I noticed a big bubblegum footprint on the road. The print was facing towards the bowl so whatever made it was crossing the road to get to where the bowl was. I looked around the print to see any others but I did not see any others. So whatever made that foot print had such a large leg span that is crossed the road in one step. If I laid down perpendicular on the road I would have maybe 2 more feet before my feet would touch the side, so the roads maybe 7-7.5 feet wide. I am no math wizard, so for there to only be one imprintation the animal that made that print must have been booking it, or is pretty damn tall. The road surface was gravel so any indentation would have been obvious.

3. Today I walked on up there to retrieve my game cam. My wife and kids were in the car waiting for me so I walked up there pretty quick to get it, less I hear her wrath about screaming kids. So I did not slowly walk as I usually do looking for tracks. But, lo and behold I do see something else weird. Right by where I would be taking a fork in the road to go get my game cam there is a very, very neatly uprooted plant, placed foilage down, in the middle of the road. Nothing grows on the road, I have only ever seen 2 people on horseback there, and my coworker has never seen anyone in his time up there either. So its not like there are people there....randomly pulling weeds. I realize most animals do not eat weeds. I also realize pulling a weed as expertly as that weed was pulled would involve grasping the plant as close to the ground as possible, and pulling upwards. Which I feel like would require an opposable thumb.... and then it would need to be tossed into the middle of the road, EXACTLY where whatever placed it there, knew I would eventually be.

Guys, I do have photos of each of these 3 strange things. I will post them. You guys be the judge here. If it were just one of those things no big deal whatever the woods are weird. But 2 of the the 3 things I feel like could be territorial markings, or a "Hey, I know you're around. I am too" message. Realizing that sasquatch is a primate, and seeing the intelligence behind 2 out of 3 weird things also leads me to believe there is either something weird, or a sasquatch around. Now, I realize some of you may wonder why my mind would immediately go to a sasquatch, but I believe, and my wife does too, that we already encountered a couple 'squatches. That encounter is below.

So when my wife and I lived in Commiefornia we decided to go camping at a place that my buddy and I had previously seen. The campgrounds name was Fry Creek Campground. We did normal camping stuff, and retired to our tent with our kids for the night. I am a heavy sleeper, and she is not. So when I woke up to her elbowing me, HARD in the ribs I was angry and loudly asked what was that about. She had a terrified look on her face and made the be quiet gesture. I listened, spooked a little, and guys I bubblegum you not, I heard something in the campsite. It wasnt rapid paws moving, not a coyote or raccons. I heard one foot fall, and then another. The ground there was a very coarse, rocky dirt so you could get a sense of how big something is by the sound of the dirt. And it sounded big. I kept listening, and whatever it was slowly was walking around the site. I finally had enough of being scared I guess, so I grabbed my AR 15 (gun control doesnt work) and racked the charging handle, chambering a live round. Whatever it was heard that and bubbleguming booked it. The footfalls sounded quite heavy. Still being super scared I couldnt fall asleep, and then 15 minutes later the most awful sounds started happening. It was like a aaaaaaaaWHHOOOOOOP sound. But like softer, and there were 3 sources of the noise going back and forth. I couldnt sleep the rest of the night, and kept my AR in my sleeping bag condition 1 the entire night.

So with that weirdness in CA, and the 3 odd things I have noticed in the last 2 months, I am starting to wonder if there is a squatch in my spot. I want you guys to have an open mind here, and rationally try to explain all 3 things, and what happened at fry creek. If you guys do think its normal to have random weeds perfectly uprooted, and placed in your path back to your game cam, and saplings perfectly bent under other branches please let me know. I am new to oregon so maybe thats some oregon rat or something that carrys around weeds to use as a nest IDK. But how does a rat uproot a weed?

At this point I am pretty spooked, and will not return to that area for awhile as whatever is there has already figured out that I come back there, and has left things out for me. I do not want to walk into a trap as crazy as that sounds. People do go missing, and humans are the perfect prey for an apex predator like a squatch is. There is little someone can do about a 7-8 foot tall swole bubblegum monkey that has the drop on you.

What do you guys think? Am I paranoid, or is this stuff really weird? Have you had encounters?

20200607_140854.jpg 20200607_140857.jpg

"Gus, your wife is a bigfoot. And your children are too..."

One of my favorite Murphy skits.

I'll post up one of my odd experiences while out hunting later on today. I gotta get ready for work now.

According to the Bigfoot "non-deny-ers". This critter is about seven feet tall, possessed of super-human strength, intelligent enough to avoid hard verified observation/capture/collection, and may occasionally eat people.

Why is it that the "true believers" that go out looking for it (and guide others doing so) almost without exception carry no guns?

Grizzly and Polar Bear scientists (KNOWING their seven-foot people eater exists) usually make a different choice.

Ironically I watched a pretty good documentary on Bigfoot over the weekend.
It was pretty good in the respect that it was subjective In The way the material was presented along with some educated wildlife biologists who presented some very objective scientific facts, evidence and observations that clearly made sense to suggest Bigfoot is NOT a reality.
One biologist gave a pretty good summary - he said due to hi tech these days they have been able to discover new species of animals that are very few in numbers and not particularly large. If something that was 7' tall and 700 lbs existed don't you think this same hi tech would have found it as well?
He quoted Dr. Carl Sagan's statement, 'Extraordinary claims require extraordinary support' - and with Bigfoot there just ain't no 'extraordinary support' ...

Last Edited:
I do have a 'bigfoot' story but it was not my experience but a friends who I not only respect, and is an experienced outdoorsman and hunter - And I know this because I have hunted, fished and hiked many a mile with him and he told it to me.

This time he was elk hunting alone in the Starkey Unit and was sleeping in the back of his pickup.

He was awakened in the night by something 'plodding' around outside. He laid there and listened and it continued to walk around and he heard it 'breathing heavily'..

He mentioned he was getting a bit 'nervy' and then it moved between the moonlight and the window of the camper shell and cast a dark shadow. He told me he was becoming irrational and was starting to think, 'OK what it this is a bigfoot and no one is here to witness it with me' ?

The final straw was when he heard 'it' knocking his ice chest around outside. He had his .357 and decided to gather his wits and open the rear window and confront 'whatever' it was.

He told me he took a few deep breaths, flipped open the window and saw what it was outside looking right at him - and it was......

A horse!

Probably someone's that escaped from a ranch or owner somewhere in the locality and went exploring. It was most likely not wild as it hung out for a bit, probably hoping my friend would give it something to eat.

Last Edited:
The frequency of Sasquatch sightings has a direct relationship between how long
Billy Bob has sat in his deer blind and how much beer he has consumed during that time.
If he has a hunting partner in the blind with him sightings can drift off to seeing a Yeti, several
werewolves and that thing from 20,000 leagues under the sea.

The owner of the archery shop in Sandy, Oregon has some good BF encounter stories. I sense no BS when he was telling the tail, and I do have a good BS meter.

The weed in the road, I suspect it fell from a vehicle hauling yard trimmings to dump it somewhere.
As for Squatch, I've found numerous signs through the years, that had me wondering. Never did I find footprints.
In the areas I found the sign, something as big as the claimed Squatch, would have left impressions.
I never did go back to any of the areas specifically looking for, or to set-up Game Cams. The findings were mainly during hunting seasons.
The more time passes, especially with all the outdoor types and technology available, and no solid evidence, I rule them out as a myth.
Can you say HOAX?

So what your saying is that generations of native American history regarding this creature are hoaxes perpetrated to fool the white man? OK, what about the story of Theodore Roosevelt's encounter with one of these beings, is that a fake too?

The hoax is the government telling us that there is nothing out there that they don't want you to know about.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews