JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not to hijack this thread, but since the subject of ghosts and UFOs has now been broached, I have something to share for which I would like to have a cogent explanation. And if it's an alien spacecraft, then so be it...

Below is a 5-minute video of some rather boring drone footage of some cliff-clearing operations along Highway 12 up at Rimrock Lake from a few years ago.
Can someone please explain what the object is at the 1:18 to 1:19 mark that rockets past the drone, left-to-right, just as the rocks start to cascade down the cliff face?
PS: There is no sound, and it views best on full-screen.

View attachment 720774

Last Edited:
So
If it's "easily found in less than a minute," then you could have just posted the evidence rather than the time it took to type and post your counter-intuitive statement of "it's not my responsibility to provide proof..."

I've looked at endless amounts of videos, pictures, watched documentaries, heard theories, heard stories, and in the end, the physical evidence is lacking and the listener either has to believe someone or not. That is all subjective and not objective.

I'd love nothing more than to be proven wrong. Show me the bigfoot evidence!!!!! Convince me.

Yes, the "truth" is out there. The "truth" might be that BF does not exist.
So my story, and countless other stories from people here isnt good enough? What do we gain from sharing our experiences here? I dont know any of you.

I think the issue with people who dont believe is that you all assume sasquatch is, if he existed, just a primate. I do not think you all realize how Intelligent they are, nor do you realize just how easy it is to hide in the PNW.

I took an anthropology class in college. And in that class we spoke about a discovery of a skeleton of one of our "homo" ancestors. It was believed that this particular hominid has been extinct for hundreds of thousands of years. But the remains were dated to only 35k years old. So, science has proven that our hominid ancestors, were living congruently with modern homo sapien in Indonesia.

Knowing that, it really makes sense that sasquatch is really just a hominid relative, who if that is the case, is capable of culture, great intelligence, and the ability to out think and avoid modern humans exceptionally well.

Also, our hominid ancestors, did in fact posses culture, and hominids even older then homo neandertal were actively burying their dead. We are talking about hominids from over 100k years ago burying their dead.

Hence no bodies ever being found. If you love amd cherish your family and tribe you bury them.

Yall call me crazy but it makes sense from an anthropological point of view in a LOT of ways and would explain why sasquatch is never found.

I think the issue with people who dont believe is that you all assume sasquatch is,

It may be better to say :
I think the issue with some people....

I do not believe in sasquatch for various reasons....but...
Like I said in a earlier post , I also do not automatically discount stories about him , from folks that I have no reason to distrust.

Assuming things about others and blanket statements....are not the best ways to get a idea across....
Just something to consider.
Andy

Not to hijack this thread, but since the subject of ghosts and UFOs has now been broached, I have something to share for which I would like to have a cogent explanation. And if it's an alien spacecraft, then so be it...

Below is a 5-minute video of some rather boring drone footage of some cliff-clearing operations along Highway 12 up at Rimrock Lake from a few years ago.
Can someone please explain what the object is at the 1:18 to 1:19 mark that rockets past the drone, left-to-right, just as the rocks start to cascade down the cliff face?

View attachment 720774
Looks like a ping pong ball, or smaller faster drone, how was the blasting/cliff clearing being done? I would think it was possibly sent on its trajectory from the cliff clearing process? A form of shrapnel?

I have no idea! That is crazy, though. Any background on it? Has it been looked over by experts? Couldn't get a clear screen shot of it at all, but it's too big to be a projectile and too fast to be a drone. Very interesting.

Screenshot 2020-07-10 at 7.09.42 PM.png

One time when I was a kid, I went camping with some friends from school. We went backpacking a lot in those days. No permits or reservations required, and mostly no people out there. Anyway, this one time we were out in the Mt. Jefferson Primitive Area (this was before it was a wilderness). It was a really dark. moonless night. We had finished dinner and were sitting around the camp fire, just BSing before hitting the sack. This one guy told a really creepy story about how this group of campers was found brutally murdered just a few miles from our camp, and the ground at the crime scene was covered with bigfoot tracks. Scared the crap out of everybody. :s0140:

I'll actually share my experience since it was something that cemented my belief years ago. It's considered to be a "Class B" sighting by the Bigfoot community since I never actually saw one.

Back in `98, I was in college and driving a propane bulk truck in North Idaho. There was a run we did once a year in January in which we drove up Hwy 12 to the Montana border and filled all of the Idaho DOT maintenance shed propane tanks from Kooskia, ID to the border.

It's a 12-hour run, minimum, and in the most remote area of Idaho that still has a paved road.

On that particular day, it was snowing heavily. Pretty much a blizzard. I had chains on the truck and visibility was down to about 200'. This was the middle of the week and there were no other vehicles on the road. This area is literally in the middle of the wilderness. No towns for miles, no homes, huge mountains. Beautiful country.

I had gone up to the last stop and was on my way back and stopped for lunch at a highway roadside point of interest called the Colgate licks. It was basically a pull out spot with an informational placard and a small concrete landing up a few steps with a metal railing around the edges.

colgate-licks-wide-shot.jpg

placard-1.jpg

So, I pulled the truck in and parked, keeping the engine idling. No radio since there was no reception in that area. I was sitting there eating when I hear a strange and loud metallic ringing noise.

At first I thought it was an elk bugling right outside the truck, but realized it was more metallic. I looked around and didn't see anything.

I finished my sandwich and went outside to look around. I thought I saw something out of place up on the info center area and walked up the steps to find a large rock laying in the snow on the first landing. The snow as about 6" deep and the rock was about 6"-7" across. I could see it's trail in the snow and it appeared to have been thrown from the tree line behind the display.

You can see from the picture that the distance is about 30 yards away.

From what I could see, the rock was thrown from the trees and hit the metal railing around the display, then bounced off the railing and landed on the steps. The hair on the back of my neck started standing on edge and I got a creepy feeling. I backed up to the truck, jumped in, and got the heck out of there.

Years later, I saw some Bigfoot documentary and learned that Bigfoot will often throw rocks to try and scare people away from it's territory, or to just mess with folks.

At the time, I hadn't thought of Bigfoot, or really had any idea what the heck was going on.

I don't know of any human that can throw a rock that size, that distance. And why would someone be 50 miles in the middle of the wilderness, in the middle of a blizzard, hiding in the trees, waiting for somebody to happen to stop there, and then throw a giant rock? It doesn't make sense.

Anyway, that's my only Bigfoot/unexplained experience in the woods.

Looks like a ping pong ball, or smaller faster drone, how was the blasting/cliff clearing being done? I would think it was possibly sent on its trajectory from the cliff clearing process? A form of shrapnel?
1) Doubt it was a ping-pong ball, given that the drone doing the filming was several hundred feet from the cliff. That would necessitate one seriously-propelled ping-pong ball to go that far in roughly level flight and retain that much velocity over that far of a distance. Physically impossible. Therefore, not a ping-pong ball.
2) The drone pilot reported that there were no other airborne objects in the vicinity at the time of filming. Therefore, not another drone.
3) Clearing was being done manually with pry-bars to cleave large slabs of rock from the face that would then cascade down upon other slabs below. No explosives.
4) If you go frame-by-frame, you can see that the object does not originate from the same location where the scaling is being performed. It appears to originate from a shallow gully far to the left of the actual scaling operation. Therefore, not shrapnel.

I have no idea! That is crazy, though. Any background on it? Has it been looked over by experts? Couldn't get a clear screen shot of it at all, but it's too big to be a projectile and too fast to be a drone. Very interesting.

View attachment 720780
Unclear if WSDOT has submitted this film to any "experts". Likely not, IMHO.

Last Edited:
from Kooskia, ID to the border
Up the Lochsa to Lolo Pass? That is some damned pretty country! I'll bet US12 in a blizzard is pretty damned fugly...

I'm pretty fond of the SF of the Clearwater, myself. From Grangeville to Red River Hot Springs.

1) Doubt it was a ping-pong ball, given that the drone doing the filming was several hundred feet from the cliff. That would necessitate one seriously-propelled ping-pong ball to go that far in roughly level flight and retain that much velocity over that much distance. Physically impossible. Therefore, not a ping-pong ball.
2) The drone pilot reported that there were no other airborne objects in the vicinity at the time of filming. Therefore, not another drone.
3) Clearing was being done manually with pry-bars to cleave large slabs of rock from the face that would then cascade down upon other slabs below. No explosives.
4) If you go frame-by-frame, you can see that the object does not originate from the same location where the scaling is being performed. Therefore, not shrapnel.

Unclear if WSDOT has submitted this film to any "experts". Likely not, IMHO.
Haha, I should have been more clear, I never meant to claim it "was" actually a ping pong ball. I was just describing what I saw as appearing ping pong ball sized and colored, originating roughly from the worksite area, at a high rate of speed and it does change direction in the video.

If one surfs the ufo sightings, some talk of small to relatively tiny "rov" like objects moving about at high rates of speed silently. Could it be top secret gov work, or who knows, i'm sure the top secret stuff at our military bases would be quite the stuff of sci fi coming to fruition.

Yes, it does indeed change direction. If you go frame-by-frame, you can see it originate from a shallow gully to the left of the big gully that is to the left of the workers.
Then it drops down out of the gully, then appears to either slightly gain altitude or (perhaps from perspective) flies in level flight and crosses the path of the drone.
Weird... :cool:

The snow as about 6" deep and the rock was about 6"-7" across. I could see it's trail in the snow and it appeared to have been thrown from the tree line behind the display.

You can see from the picture that the distance is about 30 yards away.

From what I could see, the rock was thrown from the trees and hit the metal railing around the display, then bounced off the railing and landed on the steps. The hair on the back of my neck started standing on edge and I got a creepy feeling. I backed up to the truck, jumped in, and got the heck out of there.

Years later, I saw some Bigfoot documentary and learned that Bigfoot will often throw rocks to try and scare people away from it's territory, or to just mess with folks.

At the time, I hadn't thought of Bigfoot, or really had any idea what the heck was going on.

I don't know of any human that can throw a rock that size, that distance. And why would someone be 50 miles in the middle of the wilderness, in the middle of a blizzard, hiding in the trees, waiting for somebody to happen to stop there, and then throw a giant rock? It doesn't make sense.

Not challenging your experience, but why would a Bigfoot be at a rest stop or park, hiding in the tree line, in the middle of a blizzard, waiting for someone to happen to stop there, to throw a rock at them? That location would presumably attract a lot of humans, and if Bigfoot didn't want human contact it would be an odd place to go, right?!

Here's a more logical explanation. Mischievous humans with a big sling shot or small catapult waiting somewhere where a person is likely to stop, to launch a rock at them and scare them for kicks. It's a rest stop, so someone will be stopping there. They could dress warmly, build a lean-to shelter, and "camp out." Might not even have been their purpose, just a fun thing to do. No different than asking why people waste massive amounts of time creating fake BF and UFO and Lock Ness videos... humans are weirdly obsessed with faking out others.

Not challenging your experience, but why would a Bigfoot be at a rest stop or park, hiding in the tree line, in the middle of a blizzard, waiting for someone to happen to stop there, to throw a rock at them? That location would presumably attract a lot of humans, and if Bigfoot didn't want human contact it would be an odd place to go, right?!

Here's a more logical explanation. Mischievous humans with a big sling shot or small catapult waiting somewhere where a person is likely to stop, to launch a rock at them and scare them for kicks. It's a rest stop, so someone will be stopping there. They could dress warmly, build a lean-to shelter, and "camp out." Might not even have been their purpose, just a fun thing to do. No different than asking why people waste massive amounts of time creating fake BF and UFO and Lock Ness videos... humans are weirdly obsessed with faking out others.
My first guess would have been erosion from a nearby rocky hillside, but i cant see the surrounding environment, rockfalls are not that uncommon in the mts. But if its a flat area and a rock that size freshly appears with a bang, who knows, like the op I wouldnt hang around to investigate giant rocks being tossed about.

Not challenging your experience, but why would a Bigfoot be at a rest stop or park, hiding in the tree line, in the middle of a blizzard, waiting for someone to happen to stop there, to throw a rock at them?

There are apparently a form of hot springs at that location on the other side of the trees which attract animals due to the mineral content. Also, I imagine the heat would be attractive to a large primate in the middle of winter.

Mischievous humans with a big sling shot or small catapult waiting somewhere where a person is likely to stop, to launch a rock at them and scare them for kicks. It's a rest stop, so someone will be stopping there. They could dress warmly, build a lean-to shelter, and "camp out."

What kind of person camps out in the middle of a blizzard, with no access road for miles, and leaves no vehicle or tracks, in the middle of the week, and builds a "giant catapult", simply for the hope of scaring someone that might happen to stop at a wide spot in the road?

Yeah, I think a yet undiscovered primate species trying to warm itself in the nearby hot springs is a bit more plausible...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top