JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you're in the woods and things get weird - it Sassy the Sasquatch sending out mating vibes.

Don't pass up an opportunity of a life time

How do I know?

I used to date a woman 6' 6" tall...and though she was psychotherapist and one time world class concert pianist (think Van Cliburn quality) she could put on a cave woman hair piece and a furry onesie and you'd believe in Sassy, yep, you would.
Was her name Michelle Robinson?

8E0F8A58-F56E-4062-B04E-AAB5D43A597F.jpeg

Am I willing to say there's no way there's a Sasquatch species? No. But I am willing to say there's one way. Millions and millions of people and millions or billions of trail cam pictures and cell phones in most people's pockets and some people even have dash cameras and GoPro cameras. Out of all that, there are enough of these things to exist in large enough numbers to maintain a small population, but widespread enough to prevent this "apex predator" from becoming a, if not the dominant species, and no high quality images? Ok. Sure.

Well if BF existed somebody would have bagged one by now. I have seen and heard some odd things in 45 years of wandering around in nature but most all can be rationally explained unless you want to believe or imbibe enough to believe. It is a hot topic at my house and we are split down the middle on our believing. I am a home brewer and the name of my little operation is the Bigfoot brewery. 4F24ED89-AFA4-4351-9A08-3AF5E1439DDC.jpeg

Well if BF existed somebody would have bagged one by now. I have seen and heard some odd things in 45 years of wandering around in nature but most all can be rationally explained unless you want to believe or imbibe enough to believe. It is a hot topic at my house and we are split down the middle on our believing. I am a home brewer and the name of my little operation is the Bigfoot brewery. View attachment 716825

Please don't tell us you mix the mash with your feet! :eek:

:s0140:

QUOTE="RVTECH, post: 2590635, member: 139"] If something that was 7' tall and 700 lbs existed don't you think this same hi tech would have found it as well?
[/QUOTE]

My pal Rick, who sadly left us last year, was 7ft 1 1/2" but only weighed around 300 pounds. According to his wife of many years, he could easily hide in from sight in the house they lived in when the call to do some shopping came, let alone in some crummy woods.

I'm not really a believer or non-believer until I actually bag&tag one, but here is my story.

My family (wife, three kids and sis-in-law) were camping up by Timothy lake. We drove up the gravel road off of skyline drive and then drove up a dirt road off that one to camp. So, unless someone was up camping before us they'd drive by our camp or we'd hear them on the gravel road.

We were sitting around the campfire when around 10pm our lantern started dying down and made the weird propane whistle sound. When I heard it I got up and walked over and turned up the propane so the whistle would stop. 3-5 seconds after that we heard a massive bellow/whoop in the woods 150 yards away. A deep, baritone sound, pretty impressive. We all looked at each other with the WTF look. So.... I turned the lantern back down until it made the whistle sound again, and then turned it back up. Another large bellow/whoop.

I didn't think much of it but did slide my backpack a little closer to my chair that had my pistol in it..

20 minutes later I started hearing some noise in the the bushes right on the edge of our camp. I quickly stood up, set my daughter down who was on my lap and grabbed my pistol ready to kill the SOB.... My wife and family freaked out at my reaction and started running for the car screaming, kids all crying (think of Christmas Vacation when the squirrel is in the house). My son of course was in the tent sleeping so my wife was freaking out trying to decide to save him or leave him......

Nothing came out of course, it was likely a mouse or rat making noise, but it got my blood pumping.

So, was it a Bigfoot, I have no idea. What I do know is no elk/deer/bear/bobcat/cougar/wolf/rabbit make a sound like that. So either someone quietly snuck past our camp in the dark to hike out the woods to play a prank on us, risking his/her life of being shot, or there was something else out there that I can't explain. Most elk hunters can tell the difference between a real elk and a hunter bugling. You can hear the deep sound of a large animal you can't replicate with a grunt tube. If this was a human, it was a damned big one.....

For what it's worth we've watched the "Finding Bigfoot" shows, and the calls they make, and what people describe is very similar to what we heard.

We affectionately call that campsite our "Squach site"

I'm not really a believer or non-believer until I actually bag&tag one, but here is my story.

My family (wife, three kids and sis-in-law) were camping up by Timothy lake. We drove up the gravel road off of skyline drive and then drove up a dirt road off that one to camp. So, unless someone was up camping before us they'd drive by our camp or we'd hear them on the gravel road.

We were sitting around the campfire when around 10pm our lantern started dying down and made the weird propane whistle sound. When I heard it I got up and walked over and turned up the propane so the whistle would stop. 3-5 seconds after that we heard a massive bellow/whoop in the woods 150 yards away. A deep, baritone sound, pretty impressive. We all looked at each other with the WTF look. So.... I turned the lantern back down until it made the whistle sound again, and then turned it back up. Another large bellow/whoop.

I didn't think much of it but did slide my backpack a little closer to my chair that had my pistol in it..

20 minutes later I started hearing some noise in the the bushes right on the edge of our camp. I quickly stood up, set my daughter down who was on my lap and grabbed my pistol ready to kill the SOB.... My wife and family freaked out at my reaction and started running for the car screaming, kids all crying (think of Christmas Vacation when the squirrel is in the house). My son of course was in the tent sleeping so my wife was freaking out trying to decide to save him or leave him......

Nothing came out of course, it was likely a mouse or rat making noise, but it got my blood pumping.

So, was it a Bigfoot, I have no idea. What I do know is no elk/deer/bear/bobcat/cougar/wolf/rabbit make a sound like that. So either someone quietly snuck past our camp in the dark to hike out the woods to play a prank on us, risking his/her life of being shot, or there was something else out there that I can't explain. Most elk hunters can tell the difference between a real elk and a hunter bugling. You can hear the deep sound of a large animal you can't replicate with a grunt tube. If this was a human, it was a damned big one.....

For what it's worth we've watched the "Finding Bigfoot" shows, and the calls they make, and what people describe is very similar to what we heard.

We affectionately call that campsite our "Squach site"
That, right there, is what I made this thread for. Thanks for sharing bro. They're out there.

What I do know is no elk/deer/bear/bobcat/cougar/wolf/rabbit make a sound like that.
However you did NOT mention coyotes and I guarantee you what you described is very 'coyote' like - especially if you happen to accidentally make camp in their 'territory'.
Several years ago some friends and I were camped out in the woods outside of SIsters and throughout both nights the 'yotes were PO'd ! We were sitting around the fire and they were screeching, moaning, yipping and making just about every other sound you can think of - and doing so very close to camp like within 20 yards.
They were working very hard to rustle through the brush around camp trying to scare us. We would occasionally get up and go rush them but they would be back in a few minutes. We just put up with it all night.

Another time when backpacking I was awakened by a coyote who came right up to my tent and let out the wildest howl ever! I was startled but knew it was nothing more than a coyote.

I was car camping in the woods near Yosemite back in the early 90s and was woken up multiple times by a friend who swore something was in the woods. The third and final time he was white as a ghost so I finally agreed to get out of the car and have a look. I heard branches cracking in the woods up the hill from where we were parked. I looked up and about 30 yards out was a man-shaped figure looking directly at us. By my estimate, it was 7'+ tall and 3' wide at the shoulders. I think every hair on my entire body stood up. Needless to say, we jumped in our cars and got the hell out of there. Don't think I stopped shaking for at least an hour. I have no doubt that BF/Sasquatch exists.

However you did NOT mention coyotes and I guarantee you what you described is very 'coyote' like - especially if you happen to accidentally make camp in their 'territory'.
Several years ago some friends and I were camped out in the woods outside of SIsters and throughout both nights the 'yotes were PO'd ! We were sitting around the fire and they were screeching, moaning, yipping and making just about every other sound you can think of - and doing so very close to camp like within 20 yards.
They were working very hard to rustle through the brush around camp trying to scare us. We would occasionally get up and go rush them but they would be back in a few minutes. We just put up with it all night.

Another time when backpacking I was awakened by a coyote who came right up to my tent and let out the wildest howl ever! I was startled but knew it was nothing more than a coyote.

you could be right. In fact it's possible that it was any one of the normal animals you might see out there making very unnatural sounds. I couldn't see it so I can't be sure, but based on the depth of the sound it sounded like a large bodied animal. Maybe an R.O.U.S......

Last Edited:

And another explanation for why it couldn't have been a bigfoot by the expert crowd.

I've heard lots and lots of coyotes but never have I confused their calls for something else.

This is why I won't share my experiences here, cause all the professors on this site know everything already.

NOPE.

I do not "believe" in Big Foot....but I also do not outright dismiss stories about him from folks that I have no reason to distrust.

Just tossing this out there....
What if Sasquatch is a spiritual presence or a "personification " so to speak of the wilderness...
Instead of a truly physical being....?

Again not saying that I believe that either..Just something to think about.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads