JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Endless miles of fire roads bieng driven, millions of people and hunters trampling the woods, tens of thousands of trail cams, no reputable video evidence, no carcas buy a hunter or hit by a car.

1591668995949.png

scariest thing I've seen was a rattle snake cross my path in centeral WA... but that was kinda cool.
Carry snake/rat shot and have dinner next time.

Anything to keep people out of the woods and scared so their grows wont be found.......

Last Edited:
If there was a bigfoot I would have bagged one already. I have been hunting many years and logged many hours in the woods of course a good amount of that napping. Only twice did I see something that I could not explain once was an opticle illusion and the other maybe a bigfood. About 7-9 years ago Weyerhaeuser opened up their property to vehicals on weekends after 20 years of being closed off to the public. That year you paid per vehicle so going in with some friends it was not a bad deal now they charge per person.

I was driving with my bro in law and it was getting late I was trying to group up with my buddies and took a wrong turn and we were driving through a grassy clearing on the side of a hill. Up above us was where the Caves were that some of the Mollala Indians lived the road was going back into the trees and I was looking forward when something massaive crossed the road through the trees really fast about 100 yards ahead. FIrst thought a Elk or Deer jumping accoss so I sped up and then it started to dawn on me deer are not that color I thought for a moment as there are some large ravens there but I though no this was much bigger maybe a black bear but it was too big and too tall. I stopped to take a look but something gave me the creeps like spider senses tingling so I didn't get out of the truck and drove on.

I finally grouped up with my buddies one of which hunted the land with his father in law 20 years before they had closed it off he had a big grin on his face and I said you think I am nuts and he said no that same thing had happened to him back when he was a kid up there and he never told me about it because he thought I would laugh at him and call him nuts.

So OP either you are nuts or you are some kind of bigfoot magnet. Maybe they are some kind of spirit and they are messing with you because of something you or your ancestors did. :p.

Maybe I need to hunt with you so I can finally bag a bigfoot.

Last Edited:
If there was a bigfoot I would have bagged one already. I have been hunting many years and logged many hours in the woods of course a good amount of that napping. Only twice did I see something that I could not explain once was an opticle illusion and the other maybe a bigfood. About 7-9 years ago Weyerhaeuser opened up their property to vehicals on weekends after 20 years of being closed off to the public. That year you paid per vehicle so going in with some friends it was not a bad deal now they charge per person.

I was driving with my bro in law and it was getting late I was trying to group up with my buddies and took a wrong turn and we were driving through a grassy clearing on the side of a hill. Up above us was where the Caves were that some of the Mollala Indians lived the road was going back into the trees and I was looking forward when something massaive crossed the road through the trees really fast about 100 yards ahead. FIrst thought a Elk or Deer jumping accoss so I sped up and then it started to dawn on me deer are not that color I thought for a moment as there are some large ravens there but I though no this was much bigger maybe a black bear but not it was too big and too tall. I stopped to take a look but something gave me the creeps like spider senses tingling so I didn't get out of the truck and drove on.

I finally grouped up with my buddies one of which hunted the land with his father in 20 years ago before they had closed it off he had a big grin on his face and I said you think I am nuts and he said no that same thing had happened to him back when he was a kid up there and he never told me about it because he thought I would laugh at him and call him nuts.

So OP either you are nuts or you are some kind of bigfoot magnet. Maybe they are some kind of spirit and they are messing with you because of something you or your ancestors did. :p.

Maybe I need to hunt with you so I can finally bag a bigfoot.

thanks for the story man. That's really good. I am also planning on picking a werhauser permit up. I would imagine that the land about there would be good habitat for them since there are so little people there. And I do have bad luck so maybe I am a magnet for them. Or maybe since I know they're real I notice things most people would just discard. Who knows!

Have you ever been in the woods and all of the sudden everything goes "quiet"? The kind of quiet where the hair on the back of your neck stands up. That is spooky for sure. I do believe we have the ability to sense things. Kind of like when you feel something is watching you. I was walking down a logging road one morning during deer season and felt something was there. I could not see squat except the gray shadow of the road. I just kept going with the safety on my rifle "off". Just as soon as first light started to show I heard a shot from that area. A hunter had shot a nice black bear right in that area. It had probably been watching me come down the road. So, yes there are critters watching us as we move about in the woods. Sasquatch seems to have a following, but not from me. But yes I do believe I am being watched when the hair on the back of my neck stands up! It is spooky.

I wouldn't be so presumptive as to comment on your assertions, but - I'm VERY conscious of the possible presence of the pot-growers on public property. I would be more troubled by their paranoia about being turned in, ripped off of their wonderful plants, and their habits of hanging fish hooks across trails, and setting boobie (I love boobies, by the way) traps. And, YES - I really DO believe in the existence of pot plants on public property.

I wouldn't be so presumptive as to comment on your assertions, but - I'm VERY conscious of the possible presence of the pot-growers on public property. I would be more troubled by their paranoia about being turned in, ripped off of their wonderful plants, and their habits of hanging fish hooks across trails, and setting boobie (I love boobies, by the way) traps. And, YES - I really DO believe in the existence of pot plants on public property.
Is it worth it these days though? I know it was a problem 10-20 years ago but with it all being legal would it be worth the costs?

Now some Walter White dude in his dirty drawers in some busted up RV making meth is another thing. :eek:

Is it worth it these days though? I know it was a problem 10-20 years ago but with it all being legal would it be worth the costs?
Illegal grows are still a problem but they are probably more home operations than out in the woods as it used to be. There was one busted not too far from me a couple years ago.
Illegal grows are still an issue - consider this - legal pot only benefits those who can afford it. Where do the low lifes go to get it cheaper? Also the states that have not legalized it (and maybe never will) still need to be supplied and last but not least illegal purchases by LEGAL dealers wanting a better deal. This has also been a documented problem as well.

Have you ever been in the woods and all of the sudden everything goes "quiet"? The kind of quiet where the hair on the back of your neck stands up. That is spooky for sure. I do believe we have the ability to sense things. Kind of like when you feel something is watching you. I was walking down a logging road one morning during deer season and felt something was there. I could not see squat except the gray shadow of the road. I just kept going with the safety on my rifle "off". Just as soon as first light started to show I heard a shot from that area. A hunter had shot a nice black bear right in that area. It had probably been watching me come down the road. So, yes there are critters watching us as we move about in the woods. Sasquatch seems to have a following, but not from me. But yes I do believe I am being watched when the hair on the back of my neck stands up! It is spooky.
That very thing has happened to me up on Squaw Mountain above my home in Estacada. I spent many hours way back in those hills and at times it is creepy as heck, and I'm good in the woods with a built-in nav, and I don't get scared. But a few times...man, the creeps got bad with goosbumps and hair standing on end...and everything went silent, and stayed that way. Not sure what it is, but the old Forestry Station on the way up is now called Bigfoot Acres. Could be for a joke; could be for a reason. I've been told by locals it was for a reason.

Imagine waking up one fall morning in the 1970's and finding huge Big Foot tracks coming out of the creek near your house and walking straight into your almost ready to harvest large pot patch and finding a couple have been uprooted and carried off by a rare mythical creature that you can't tell anyone about, especially because the local law authorities would arrest you.
It happened to a neighbor of mine, and he later found out it was a couple of friends pulling a major prank on him.
They had made large plywood foot prints covered in molded Naugahyde with closet rod pole handles, which they leaped frogged the footprints 6' apart.

Last Edited:
I've done the camping thing all over the Great Northwest for decades, mostly the more remote Forest Service roads, and MAINLY in Washington state.

Only once did I ever see any evidence of Bigfoot. And that was down in Oregon.

A friend of mine and I were on a Forest Service road in the Siuslaw National Forest in Oregon. Early 1980's. We were actually camped out at a State Park in the little town of Yachats, on the coast. It was my friend, his wife, the truck and camper, and the Jeep he towed behind the thing. We left his wife at the campground and just went into the hills for the day with the Jeep.

So after a few hours of all this Jeep driving we finally come to a dead end on some Forest Service spur. I couldn't tell you exactly where it was, but maybe twenty miles from the coast. We got out of the Jeep and started walking on into the woods from the dead end. Not very far in, we came to a cathedral-like spot where the old growth still existed.

And that's where we found several tracks. Usual Bigfoot size and shape tracks. Frankly, it scared the heck out of both of us. I got up on the heel of my hiking boot and sort of jumped up and down, trying to duplicate the depth of the tracks. Dirt wasn't very firm, but I couldn't come close to making my track as deep as the ones we saw.

I had no weapon that day. My friend had left his pistol in the Jeep. He wants to go back and get it, follow the tracks, maybe get a shot at whatever MADE the tracks. I talked him out of it. We decided to just drive back to town, since it was getting late in the afternoon.

That night, we all went to a small bar in Yachats. And after dropping our story on a couple of the locals, they weren't very impressed. They said sometimes people would go up in the woods and purposely MAKE Bigfoot tracks here and there just to do it and get people talking. Still...way out there past the end of a dead spur seemed a pretty unlikely place to do such a thing. Took a lot of weight to make those tracks, and they were very fresh. Didn't convince me that Bigfoot existed, but it was kind of weird.

If you're in the woods and things get weird - it Sassy the Sasquatch sending out mating vibes.

Don't pass up an opportunity of a life time

How do I know?

I used to date a woman 6' 6" tall...and though she was psychotherapist and one time world class concert pianist (think Van Cliburn quality) she could put on a cave woman hair piece and a furry onesie and you'd believe in Sassy, yep, you would.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top