JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Can't we all just get along?
No, we can't - especially when someone interprets a simple suggestion as 'nasty' - and then cannot even spell the word correctly when criticizing someone.

And you are asking this after just joining this morning at 9:29 AM ?

You might want to consider the idea of 'time in grade' before responding to anyone.....

No, we can't - especially when someone interprets a simple suggestion as 'nasty' - and then cannot even spell the word correctly when criticizing someone.
That's not a great attitude, and really you're taking his comment way too personal. It was actually a very wholesome and nice comment about you. He was complimenting you and you were just nasty to him. Chill, man. The hostility is not called for.

And you are asking this after just joining this morning at 9:29 AM ?

You might want to consider the idea of 'time in grade' before responding to anyone.....
Oh I didn't realize human decency had a time when it starts here at NWFA,
Must have missed that rule.

Nonsense. It doesn't say Lego anywhere on it. There is probably proprietary spacing that distinguishes Lego brand from other block brands. Unless one of those things were copied, they have zero standing.
It doesn't have to be an exact copy or bear the logo to infringe. The courts will use the "reasonable man" standard. Does a reasonable person think that looks like Lego's trade dress? I think so.

In this case, I think they've got a good claim for trade dress infringement.
It doesn't have to be an exact copy or bear the logo to infringe. The courts will use the "reasonable man" standard. Does a reasonable person think that looks like Lego's trade dress? I think so.
Oh yes, the gun company obeyed the cease and desist. They knew they bubblegumed up and hoped lego or whoever wouldn't notice they were making weapons look like their multimillion dollar successful toy. No way they were gonna let that slide.

Oh yes, the gun company obeyed the cease and desist. They knew they bubblegumed up and hoped lego or whoever wouldn't notice they were making weapons look like their multimillion dollar successful toy. No way they were gonna let that slide.
You've got to defend your IP mercilessly. Because others will infringe on it mercilessly if you let them.

He was complementing me by inferring I was being 'Nasty' with his:
'Nastyness+Nastyness=not excellent..' post ???

How was that a complement ?

You might want to thicken you skin a bit before getting too far on this forum.....
My skin is fine and has nothing to do with it. The other user was being really chill and you're kinda just reacting violently to any little thing you think was meant negatively for you. Violent threats aren't cool.

and he was saying you and the other user who were bickering about being tough big men who can punch hard are both acting nasty towards one another, but you're both excellent guys and should just take a breath.

Something to consider with guns done up like the one's pictured is...

That most of the members on the forum , would still see the gun under all the eye candy.....Many others , if not most non gun owners...would probably not see it as firearm.

All that eye candy , so to speak is a mistake waiting to happen...in my opinion.

With all that said...do we need a law against it...No
Nor am I saying that you shouldn't do that , to your firearm...
I am saying that its not for me at all...and that others may easily mistake what it is , that they are looking at.
Andy
Worth noting there is no "law against it," however.

Screw Lego, they dont own the block design. In fact they stole it from Duplex.

The creator of this just decided to shut down rather than face a lawsuit that he would, eventually, win.

Is this "safe"? Who cares. It's a novelty item, buy it/build it, then secure the thing from thieves and nosey kids.
I think you mean Duplo. That said, Lego owns their trade dress. This is a subjective matter that a court weighs against the standard of "reasonableness.' IE, does a reasonable person think it looks like the genuine item? I think in this case it does. Also, very very bad idea to make real guns look like toys for reasons that should be self-obvious.

Violent threats aren't cool.
What 'Violent' threat did I make? Are you reading the posts correctly?
and he was saying you and the other user who were bickering about being tough big men who can punch hard are both acting nasty towards one another,
There was no 'bickering' at all - I simply made a one time statement about how he needs to keep his threats to himself and out of his posts - as I would to anybody.

You need to start proofreading your posts before posting them.

He was complementing me by inferring I was being 'Nasty' with his:
'Nastyness+Nastyness=not excellent..' post ???

How was that a complement ?

You might want to thicken your skin a bit before getting too far on this forum.....
No, I wasn't really complementing you...

I was just replying to my shatty grammar. And for that, I do apologize..

And shatty isn't a real word, but it should get through on this site....

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top