JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I picked up a Lee 3-hole Turret Press, that appears to be all there. My question is the Auto-Disk Measure worth messing with, or should I go with a different measure system. Also, what about the priming tool. This one came with the little "T" shaped tool that you manually put the primer into it and then push it into the slot. So on the down stroke it inserts the primer.

I was going to try it out, and probably give it to my son-in-law.

I can't imagine priming brass one at a time. I use the RCBS hand primer. You can sit and watch TV if you want, once you get the "Feel" of a primer going in correctly. Then I keep primed brass in a container until l'm ready to load up, same day or a week later.

I used that type of set up for a long time, it's what I started with. One thing to watch is using the disks is verify with a scale if the hole used is the correct weight and adjust from there. I use the auto disk for all pistol rounds.

Last Edited:
I have the Auto-disc pro it works fine. The discs are somewhat limiting as far as dispensing specific charges. I drilled some of mine out and installed a thumbscrew in some of the cavities to make it further adjustable.

The new Auto-Drum is a big improvement. 35 bucks apiece and they throw accurate charges and don't leak any powder. I have 3 Auto-Drums now:p.

I agree with the auto drum suggestion. The discs don't give you much flexibility with lower charges. Afraid I don't know that particular priming system as I'm using Lee LoadMaster.

I have all of my four turret discs with individual auto disk pro's on them.

Instant go. I prime on the spot. It's also worth having the priming arm and the primer dispenser. I'll pump out about 250 pistol rounds in an hour. Not super fast but fast enough for what I do.

Though I do differently. I deprime, size, clean and then load. Smooth as it can be.

View attachment 276395
As seen on wall mounted setup.

I have all of my four turret discs with individual auto disk pro's on them.

Instant go. I prime on the spot. It's also worth having the priming arm and the primer dispenser. I'll pump out about 250 pistol rounds in an hour. Not super fast but fast enough for what I do.

Though I do differently. I deprime, size, clean and then load. Smooth as it can be.

View attachment 276395
As seen on wall mounted setup.

I usually deprime off press and clean/polish separately and it goes in the "prepped" drawer for when I'm ready to load also.

I've seen where some folks don't like the Auto-Prime, but mine works great. After the sizing stroke I just move the ram down about 1/2" and push. They click right in the cup every time.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top