JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am definitely thinking about one of these presses and the only thing I worry about is the power drop. I have no experience with the Hornady press set up but wanting to know if it is possible to add this feature like Dillon has on their presses. And no I am not going to Big Blue.

As always, thanks in advance folks.

Case sensor, I always keep an eye on the hopper and have never run it low.
I've always relied on my eyes looking into the case to make sure there was powder in it.
I have zero experience with these so I'm wondering if it can be set for certain heights, say the height of 4g's of Tightgroup in a 9mm case or 5.4g's of Bullseye in a 40S&W case?

I use the RCBS lockout die. It will lock the press on a low powder or a double charge.

Thanks for that. Can you set it at a certain height like I mentioned in my last post?
Yes. Keep in mind it does use one of your 5 stations. If you use 3 die sets that seat and crimp in the same die it is no problem. If you use 4 die sets you will need to buy a lock n load powder though expander for each caliber. This will eliminate your expander die and free up a station.

Of the 4 in that review the only one that will physically stop your press is the RCBS lock out die.

Of the 4 in that review the only one that will physically stop your press is the RCBS lock out die.
Thanks, that's what I was thinking also. I had a progressive press at one time but it seemed as there were just too many things going on that I was not able to look into each case. That was one of the mistakes when I got a squib in my 40 smith and Wesson, I sold it soon after.
I'm now wanting a better quality press that's faster than the turret and this item should put my fear a of low/no charge at bay.

I do appreciate the help/information from all to help guide my quest. :s0115:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top