JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got one a these Bianchi mod 82's for my sig 220. It catches on the triger guard for retention. You just hit the handy lever as you draw and it slips right out. It fits several of my pistols pretty good.

IMG_0136_zpshu5eoknp.jpg

From Kramer's FAQ:

Other holsters I have used were soft, why do you hard mould your holsters?

Most (not all) soft holsters are generically fit to a frame size rather than a specific gun. Professionals prefer hard moulded rigs as they retain the weapon properly without the use of a thumb break snap or other extra retaining device. You should be able to take a moulded rig and turn it upside down an UNLOADED gun in it, give it a gentle shake (over a bed or pillow or other soft protective surface) and the gun should stay in the holster. The lack of a thumb break provides a quicker draw time and a more comfortable compact holster with fewer protrusions to bite into your body.

What if I get my holster wet?

U.S. NAVY SEALS use our horsehide holsters for salt water operations. Although we do not encourage you to soak your holster for extended periods the way they do, should your holster become wet, remove the gun and allow the holster to air dry slowly either in direct sunlight or in a gently heated area such as on top of a WARM (not hot?) hot water or home heating furnace. It is very important that the heat if used, be gentle and warm, NOT hot!

How do I tighten my holster if the fit is too loose?

Do not attempt to tighten your holster by yourself. Give us a call and we will make arrangements to do this for you.

How do I loosen my holster if it is too tight?

The outer dimensions of specific models of guns can vary considerably between individual guns. For instance a Colt Government Model can have as much as 20 thousandths of an inch difference in outer dimensions, depending upon age, finish, manufacturer, etc,etc. Consequently we prefer to have our holsters start out on the snug fitting side. Should it be necessary to loosen your holster, take the plastic bag that the holster cam in and wrap it around the gun. Insert the UNLOADED gun into the holster and let it set for several hours. This will stretch the leather approximately two or three thousandths of an inch. If necessary, wrap the gun with two bags. You can use up to three bags to stretch the holster. If this is still not successful, give us a call and we will be happy to adjust the fit for you.

Can my holster be remoulded if necessary?

Yes. Give us a call. We can remould and recondition your old, used holster and have it looking and fitting like new! We only offer this service for KRAMER holsters. Be advised, that mahogany or tan holsters will be considerably darker after remoulding. We do charge for this service. Call our order desk for current prices.

Hey I got a holster question--My old FN 5.7 holster has soaked up a lot of sweat over the years and now when I put it on, I get an instant rash--Anyone know how I can clean it? It's a leather IWB holster

My MiltSparks and Occidential Leather holsters require force to draw the pistol from them.

I ordered a Kramer horsehide belt scabbard for my Sig M11a1 aka P 228. I have a Ted Blocker belt. Should I get a single horsehide magazine carrier ?

Have Don at TB make you the New up coming model ..... it holds 6 mags and a baseball bat.

It called the ANTIFIA special.
LMAO

Some of the leather holsters have a screw to adjust tension. Desantis makes an open top like mine without the thumb break but with a tension screw. They start out tight and need a break in period.

IMG_20170825_152725.jpg
IMG_20170825_152756.jpg

Hey I got a holster question--My old FN 5.7 holster has soaked up a lot of sweat over the years and now when I put it on, I get an instant rash--Anyone know how I can clean it? It's a leather IWB holster

It might be time to just retire that old beast.

I rarely carry in anything other than kydex these days
SAFETY WARNING! Worn Leather Holsters Can Cause Accidental Discharges!

That being said I do like the look of a nice high end leather holster but personally i'll stick to kydex or other heavy duty plastics for my holsters. I carry glocks so its not like they're pretty I just want something that keeps them in place.

A quality holster will stand up to water, just wash it (in the sink not the washing machine), don't crush it or ring it.

From the Kramer FAQ:

What type of care and maintenance does my holster require?

An occasional application of KIWI neutral paste wax is the only routine maintenance we suggest for your holster. DO NOT apply oils or grease in an effort to soften the leather as it was specifically intended to be rigid. Every effort should be made to keep the mold intact. In other words, DO NOT crush and flex an empty holster.

It might be time to just retire that old beast.

I rarely carry in anything other than kydex these days
SAFETY WARNING! Worn Leather Holsters Can Cause Accidental Discharges!

That being said I do like the look of a nice high end leather holster but personally i'll stick to kydex or other heavy duty plastics for my holsters. I carry glocks so its not like they're pretty I just want something that keeps them in place.

This isnt just a leather holster issue, its a proper holster design issue when the holster, any holster, doesnt fully, 100% cover the trigger guard area.

I know im picky and opinionated but damn im appalled by how many "high end" holster makers out there do not fully protect the trigger area...

This isnt just a leather holster issue, its a proper holster design issue when the holster, any holster, doesnt fully, 100% cover the trigger guard area.

I know im picky and opinionated but damn im appalled by how many "high end" holster makers out there do not fully protect the trigger area...

I believe the issue in that case was that the holster had worn resulting in the portion of the holster that covered the trigger card folding into the trigger guard due to stretching/increased flexibility.

I believe the issue in that case was that the holster had worn resulting in the portion of the holster that covered the trigger card folding into the trigger guard due to stretching/increased flexibility.
Yeah, one of the advantages of kydex, it doesn wear out.

It looks to me in the picture in the link it shows the holster doesnt fully cover the entire trigger area but its possible the pinched leather is preventing the gun from full seating. At some point we have to know when to retire the holster if it gets that soft over time.

Still, I see a lot of high end holster makers not fully cover the trigger areas. Seems like they should know better...

leather-holster-ad-nd-1.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads