JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I use a Crossbreed IWB for my 1911. I have a whole box of "Used Once" holsters, but continue to return to the Crossbreed.

I have not been able to find a good OWB leather thumb break holster for my 1911.

Been wearing Ted Blocker IWB holsters since the eighties... and will still continue to order them as the need arises. However, I have been packing around a S&W Shield for the past year in Kydex. Started out as just a trial basis... but works well for the gun.

I wear leather boots for work since some places need steel toed boots (no idea why, steel toes or a hard hat won't stop 20 tons of steel), so leather seems pretty durable and useful.

Many of the common metal and synthetic belt clips just don't work for me. The double belt loops are good, but a little too bulky IMO. Both these methods below will NOT come off your belt when drawing:

XL UltiClip (left) and Guitar String Soldered Security (Patent Pending)
belt clips.jpg

It's the same as saying metal frames are outdated... it's all about preference.
People buy plastic because it is cheaper and more readily available with a ton of practical applications. Leather and metal is more expensive for quality products.

If you're puttin' crotch sweat all over your Glock you probably want to use plastic to keep maintenance minimal...

You can probably guess what I prefer (even tho all of my holsters are synthetic).

My first 4 choices were 'not available'; all I had to do was change carry location and material...BUT.....there were choices.
Sadly, none of them were my actual choices.

I don't bother with anything but Leather, Kydex, Blown Glass, Knotty Pine, Black Walnut, or Birdseye Maple, I do not accept Aluminum.

Okay I have Leather and I have Kydex, I like both. I have Nylon too. I have hybrids like Crossbreed and Alien Gear. I find I use leather for pocket holsters 90% of the time unless Nylon is all I can find. I do use Nylon for ankle holsters. My belly is too big for belly bands, nah I have one but the wife uses it. I have Leather OWB for trail revolvers. I uses Kydex for EDC IWB and most OWB. I noticed the most wear from a Leather one with my Ruger LC9s, I was using it the most, so it stands to reason it would have the most wear. Kydex does not bother my guns much.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top