JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've just been hearing all the ads for these fancy new guns. Wifey was asking me about them. So looked at the web site and it's obvious why they are so much better.

They:
Shoot better where ever your path takes you.

"Push Accuracy": See what's possible with a compact carry.

Built for duty. Embraced by civilians.

The unfair advantage: An integrated comp makes it feel like cheating!

And last, but not least!
The Ultimate Competitor: Increase speed to outdo your personal best!

Woof!

So I just compared my Prodigy with a Stacatto P..... I can't justify paying for the P when the Prodigy feels better and slide glides like ice just as the Stacatto. They are virtually indistinguishable except for subtle things. I had these side by side. I personally love the Prodigy over the P.

However with that said, if we're talking about the C2, XL or XC models that's a different story and Prodigy doens't come close
3 guys have Prodigys at our shoots. After they spend $1500+ to clean up the "subtle" things they say it's almost as good as a P.

Typical PNWers. Lotsa staccato hate up here. I run into the same attitude with combloc and FAL stuff here locally. There's no comparison between Glocks and staccatos. Sometimes you gotta pay to play. Way cheaper than SVI's and Atlas's.

The price we pay for staccatos is subsidizing law enforcement personnel buying them.
Buy a Staccato, you'll never go back. Don't hate. Try!

That's on par with asking why a Lambo is better than a Camry.
Yep, both get you from point A to point B, only one will get you there faster, is probably less reliable, cost you 1000s of times more money, and is marketed as an item of conspicuous consumption. Oh, and the driver is more than likely a complete jackass. ;)

Yep, both get you from point A to point B, only one will get you there faster, is probably less reliable, cost you 1000s of times more money, and is marketed as an item of conspicuous consumption. Oh, and the driver is more than likely a complete jackass. ;)
Try a Staccato, u won't go back. Sewing machine vs a backhoe. Both get it done butt..

I try to keep an open mind as much as possible so I'd like to try a Staccato for sure, but I have a very utilitarian philosophy to life, especially as I grow older.
I get it, "less is more". There's a chance I'm older than you. I was called "older than dirt" by a pretty young thing over 25 years ago.

But when did Americans embrace mediocrity? I remember a a time when our choices were 1911, Hi-Power … or complete crap. In semi's that is.

What makes them so expensive? I understand good tools and paying for quality but there seems to be a heck of a gap between good expensive handguns and staccato. Does baby jesus machine them by hand or something?

And for the sake of discussion and relativity (whats cheap to me maybe expensive for joeblow, etc) lets say a $500 glock is a "cheap" handgun in the grand scheme of things. So what makes staccato worth 5-10 glocks?
Cleaning schedule is at least twice as short as Glocks. And takedown is the same as field stripping on a custom 1911 with a fitted bushing. Something to be mindful of.

Already did it. I got bored.
Take better courses I guess…. Or buy a staccato. Either way it doesn't matter to me. I'll just be over in my corner enjoying the gun I've carried/shot for over the past decade.

Now if I ever do get a 2011 it won't be a staccato. I have my eye on the Triarc version. It would strictly be a range toy and never carried. Due to the fact I hate external safeties on pistols.

Staccatos are nice though. I have had the opportunity to run them from time to time. The juice just doesn't justify the squeeze for me personally. It's not a fad I'll be entertaining. Doesn't change the fact they are nice tools.

Take better courses I guess…. Or buy a staccato. Either way it doesn't matter to me. I'll just be over in my corner enjoying the gun I've carried/shot for over the past decade.

Now if I ever do get a 2011 it won't be a staccato. I have my eye on the Triarc version. It would strictly be a range toy and never carried. Due to the fact I hate external safeties on pistols.

Staccatos are nice though. I have had the opportunity to run them from time to time. The juice just doesn't justify the squeeze for me personally. It's not a fad I'll be entertaining. Doesn't change the fact they are nice tools.
There's quite a few worse than I am. They're buying $8,$9 heck, $11,000 1911's-2011's. I had no idea such things existed until very recently. That I think is nuts.

I have no intention of carrying anything more valuable than a Glock or my 1st Gen shield 9.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top