JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just my random thoughts on the cost...and I don't own one...but I would like to...

• Higher grade of parts...like Dawson Precision sights
  • Optic cut
  • 3 mags (the mags are NOT cheap...comparatively)
  • Very nice upgraded trigger
  • Better accuracy than a lot of mass produced guns
  • Solid warranty
Whether or not the cost is justified, however, is up to you. Also note that at the $2500-ish price range of the Staccato, you're not far off from Wilson Combat who has several flavors of double stack guns at this point...that are around the $3K range.

Review and video at the linky

A quote from the beginning of this video, "Most other guns do 90% of what this gun can do. "

That's on par with asking why a Lambo is better than a Camry.
Is it though... o_O

850 HP Camry built by Toyota. Lamborghini Huracan is around 650HP if I remember correctly... 🤣🤣🤣

20240309_155833.jpg

I have an XL. It is almost a sin to shoot. I've got the glocks, The CZ's, the Sig's. have had the taurus and springfields. This shoots so much better than them. Recoil is non-existent. For a larger sidearm its balance is so spot on you'd tink your holding a p01. It makes me a better shooter. And thats with iron sights. Thats me shooting. Old guy, not as steady in the hands. Comparing it to any of my other 9's. past and present.
Is it worth what I paid for it? debatable. But then I have a few nighthawks and an odd ed brown. I've mentioned in the site that while they are extraordinary guns, are they worth the price. That's debatable by any 3-4 people. The XL and XC have good resale on the market. I rarely see them for less than 3k, and they don't last long. And i feel the 2011 market is more open now than the higher end 1911's.
That's my 2 cents. Which given this group means I'm a buck seventy-five in the hole

P duo. Shooting competition. 3k rds, 0 issues. Tight. Ck out Honest Outlaw fb review
I've noticed the XL's never come up for resale. Apparently they've designed the P's to run almost any 9mm ammo. And the XC's and XL's are staying true to the race gun STI heritage. Finicky.

I don't want to know about Infinity's and Atlas's. I'm not rich. I'm presently looking into Atlas and MBX mags.

Build and shoot whatever you wish just don't mess with the 1911
All 1911's should be in 45acp or 38 super . 1911's in 9mm are not 1911's in my opinion. Buy a hi power. Flame on.

I've noticed the XL's never come up for resale. Apparently they've designed the P's to run almost any 9mm ammo. And the XC's and XL's are staying true to the race gun STI heritage. Finicky.

I don't want to know about Infinity's and Atlas's. I'm not rich. I'm presently looking into Atlas and MBX mags.
i'm not so sure about that. while i wont shoot steel casings through any of my firearms, the XL has eaten what I've feed her, from ammoland to blazer to wwb. never a hiccup

What makes them so expensive? I understand good tools and paying for quality but there seems to be a heck of a gap between good expensive handguns and staccato. Does baby jesus machine them by hand or something?

And for the sake of discussion and relativity (whats cheap to me maybe expensive for joeblow, etc) lets say a $500 glock is a "cheap" handgun in the grand scheme of things. So what makes staccato worth 5-10 glocks?
4lbs of wank iirc.

There's one for sale here in the classifieds for $4,500.