JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm thinking about buying a 2011 type gun to keep my Springfield prodigy company in the safe. I'm admittedly avoiding staccato because at this point it feels like everyone and their dog shoots those and I'd be paying for the roll mark. If I'm paying staccato money, I think I can get better than staccato quality and something you don't see at the range every day. Anyone with firsthand experience? I'd like to keep to 2011 magazines as I already own a bunch for my prodigy but I'm not married to that. Please and thank you

Someone (can't remember who now) linked these in another thread and I fully intend on picking one up.

Yep, I'm interested in one of those for sure, but only if I can get it in .357 SIG because they said they were gonna release them. 9mm wouldn't be satisfying enough...

Yep, I'm interested in one of those for sure, but only if I can get it in .357 SIG because they said they were gonna release them. 9mm wouldn't be satisfying enough...
Copy that. You said 2011 and I usually correlate that with 9mm. Obviously not the only caliber for 2011, but you get what I'm sayin'.

Copy that. You said 2011 and I usually correlate that with 9mm. Obviously not the only caliber for 2011, but you get what I'm sayin'.
Yep, and 9mm is what I'm after here, just not SPECIFICALLY the platypus in 9mm. That one has gotta be .357 and I'm gonna be stubborn about it :s0054:

Honestly though, if my 1911 guy gets an Alchemy Prime Elite, I'm not sure I'll have the ability to not open the wallet.
Fatal agrees

20240222_222308.jpg

Yep, and 9mm is what I'm after here, just not SPECIFICALLY the platypus in 9mm. That one has gotta be .357 and I'm gonna be stubborn about it :s0054:
Makes sense... ;). Hopefully not too long a wait on that 357.

I agree with your Staccato sentiments. Too fanboi...

I'll be watching this thread with peaked interest.

Skip it, go straight to Atlas. Eventually most staccato guys sell to fund an atlas. If that's a little to much buy in, Alchemy is another popular brand for enthusiast, but no experience there.
Atlas is a wee bit higher than I'd like to spend, though it's always a possibility I'll buy anyway. Definitely at a price point where I'd like to try one before I buy one.

Bul is hit or miss. Half are amazing, half are questionable. Finding one now is a bit hard, since Israel production. Platypus felt poorly made (loose cranky) Honestly staccato is hard to beat at that price point. Nighthawk and atlas are bit of a jump. I'd probably try Phoenix trinity with a metal grip from them. Toss in atlas guts and trigger if you want a little more… or infinity trigger

Vudoo is cranking out some great 2011 pistols at a similar price point to Staccato. Don't own one of their pistols but do own two of their 22lr bolts guns and they are amazing. I fully expect their 2011's to be of similar quality and performance.