JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The higher you go, typically the law of diminishing returns applies. However, there is still a difference, and sometimes it is not that subtle. Finally talked myself into getting a C2, thinking that would be as high as i would ever go pistol wise. After owning it for a while and thinking it is the best pistol i would ever own, got to try a P, and then realized I had to have it. Looked at the XC at the time, and thought man no way is it worth that much more than the P. However when I got the P, then though, well I want to upgrade the trigger, and did, then thought man I want the Ice comp, so got that, and when i ordered the P i went for the DLC coating and threaded barrel. Add all those extras up, and you are getting pretty close to an XC price wise.

Got a chance to shoot an XC, and MAN is it on another level. SOOOOOO eventually bought one two weeks ago, and most likey will be selling my P. The XC is SOO smooth, and the island comp barrel is pretty incredible. Trigger super crisp and breaks at just over 2 pounds. I would not go into debt for any gun, so if you dont have the means, it is not worth it, there are many guns that will get you 90% of the way there for less than 1/2 the price (check out the Langdon Beretta 92 Elite for example- INCREDIBLE gun).

Go try to buy an XC right now- it is VERY hard to find one in stock. They are sold out almost everywhere. Used XCs go for almost the same price as new right now. Pretty crazy that a $4k gun would be hard to find/buy/out of stock. Tells me there are enough of us out there that think they are worth it! ;-)

The higher you go, typically the law of diminishing returns applies. However, there is still a difference, and sometimes it is not that subtle. Finally talked myself into getting a C2, thinking that would be as high as i would ever go pistol wise. After owning it for a while and thinking it is the best pistol i would ever own, got to try a P, and then realized I had to have it. Looked at the XC at the time, and thought man no way is it worth that much more than the P. However when I got the P, then though, well I want to upgrade the trigger, and did, then thought man I want the Ice comp, so got that, and when i ordered the P i went for the DLC coating and threaded barrel. Add all those extras up, and you are getting pretty close to an XC price wise.

Got a chance to shoot an XC, and MAN is it on another level. SOOOOOO eventually bought one two weeks ago, and most likey will be selling my P. The XC is SOO smooth, and the island comp barrel is pretty incredible. Trigger super crisp and breaks at just over 2 pounds. I would not go into debt for any gun, so if you dont have the means, it is not worth it, there are many guns that will get you 90% of the way there for less than 1/2 the price (check out the Langdon Beretta 92 Elite for example- INCREDIBLE gun).

Go try to buy an XC right now- it is VERY hard to find one in stock. They are sold out almost everywhere. Used XCs go for almost the same price as new right now. Pretty crazy that a $4k gun would be hard to find/buy/out of stock. Tells me there are enough of us out there that think they are worth it! ;-)
Thanks. Thanks a lot. 🤬

Last Edited:
You guys whining about a $2,500 pistola.

Here's $12,000 on the hoof

IMG_4206.jpeg

So for the sake of argument, what advantage does wielding a Staccato give over other pistols?
Um, yea, I have no interest in a conversation for, "the sake of argument." Because this is getting stupid.

I'm not here to convince anyone of anything one way or the other...because I don't care. I don't care what you do...or don't do...or buy or don't buy...or shoot or don't shoot.

As I said in my original post, "whether or not the cost is justified, however, is up to you."

And if you've made it this far in life...a grown man...and can't decide for yourself whether a Staccato is for you or not, well lord knows I'm not going to waste my time trying to convince you of something. Again, because I don't care. :)

Um, yea, I have no interest in a conversation for, "the sake of argument." Because this is getting stupid.

I'm not here to convince anyone of anything one way or the other...because I don't care. I don't care what you do...or don't do...or buy or don't buy...or shoot or don't shoot.

As I said in my original post, "whether or not the cost is justified, however, is up to you."

And if you've made it this far in life...a grown man...and can't decide for yourself whether a Staccato is for you or not, well lord knows I'm not going to waste my time trying to convince you of something. Again, because I don't care. :)
But you cared enough to type a novel and that really means you care a whole lot. Thanks, friend. 🥰

I hear ya. I suppose it has some advantages as a race gun, but good lord I could purchase a lot of training and ammo for that amount of money.

You've convinced me! :s0112:

What makes them so expensive? I understand good tools and paying for quality but there seems to be a heck of a gap between good expensive handguns and staccato. Does baby jesus machine them by hand or something?

And for the sake of discussion and relativity (whats cheap to me maybe expensive for joeblow, etc) lets say a $500 glock is a "cheap" handgun in the grand scheme of things. So what makes staccato worth 5-10 glocks?
Once u put your hands on you'll understand. Sewing machine vs backhoe. Both do there jobs butt..

Once u put your hands on you'll understand. Sewing machine vs backhoe. Both do there jobs butt..
I'm a fan of the sledge hammer. I've never claimed to be smart. But I'll get it done with the equipment I have at hand. Whether it be a "staccato" or a "glock."

They both go bang. All my guns are working guns. Probably why I don't have a ton. I'm also not made of money (unfortunately) and would prefer to spend my money on ammo and training.

To each their own. Staccatos are super nice. They shoot great, amazing trigger and are "buttery smooth" but at the end of the day I am just as content and confident with a Glock as I am a $5k gun.

If you have the funds I am jealous. But in the meantime I'll keep shooting my $500 dollar gun and continue buying ammo.

When I get the itch I just go shoot with my buddy who has a staccato. Then all I have to do is pay for the ammo and enjoy a day of royalty.

I'm a fan of the sledge hammer. I've never claimed to be smart. But I'll get it done with the equipment I have at hand. Whether it be a "staccato" or a "glock."

They both go bang. All my guns are working guns. Probably why I don't have a ton. I'm also not made of money (unfortunately) and would prefer to spend my money on ammo and training.

To each their own. Staccatos are super nice. They shoot great, amazing trigger and are "buttery smooth" but at the end of the day I am just as content and confident with a Glock as I am a $5k gun.

If you have the funds I am jealous. But in the meantime I'll keep shooting my $500 dollar gun and continue buying ammo.

When I get the itch I just go shoot with my buddy who has a staccato. Then all I have to do is pay for the ammo and enjoy a day of royalty.
$2300. Just saying. I own & like my 20sf. Never failed me.