JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Obviously the staccato is gunna shoot falter, smoother, and with a much better trigger. I've shot both and there is obviously a "quality" difference.

At the end of the day they both went bang. If you got the money and wanna buy one then more power to you.

A stock Glock vs a staccato isn't really a competition.
This has already been done. Supposedly the staccato P went over 10k rounds without a malfunction straight out of the bag. I mean, I had one that wouldn't even allow a magazine to be inserted, so your mileage may vary.
This has already been done. Supposedly the staccato P went over 10k rounds without a malfunction straight out of the bag. I mean, I had one that wouldn't even allow a magazine to be inserted, so your mileage may vary.
What was the story about the mag not fitting?

The thing is nearly 100% of the Glocks will run flawlessly. Can the same be said for staccato?

Higher/tighter tolerances means a much more pleasant gun to shoot and look at but on the flip side they can be much more finicky.

What was the story about the mag not fitting?
Bought a brand new staccato, and no matter how hard you tried, you could not insert a magazine without depressing the mag release. I called Staccato, they said to send it in and then sent it back saying there was nothing wrong with it. I sent it back to them again on my dime, only for them to begrudgingly "fine tune" it but they told me that with a 19/2011 it is expected that you depress the mag release while inserting the magazine. SOP. I asked to speak with someone else in customer service and they parroted the same thing but offered me a discount on DLC coating. I received the gun back and other than the DLC, everything was exactly as it was when I sent it to them so I promptly sold all of them. I've owned many pistols, a lot of which were 1911's or 2011's and never have I had to push the mag release button to get a mag loaded. That was the kind of dumb advice I would expect to hear from the new kid at the sportsman's gun counter, not the manufacturer of a supposedly premium pistol.

To be fair, the staccato prices stayed very close to the old sti prices but with better qc, reliability AND the mags actually work now 😏. I think it's worth it once you're bored with the generic guns. They're the gold standard entry into the 2011 realm when you consider that svi guns go north of $5k.

But yeah, their customer service is hit or miss unless you're mil/leo.

To be fair, the staccato prices stayed very close to the old sti prices but with better qc, reliability AND the mags actually work now 😏. I think it's worth it once you're bored with the generic guns. They're the gold standard entry into the 2011 realm when you consider that svi guns go north of $5k.

But yeah, their customer service is hit or miss unless you're mil/leo.
Originally the STI 2011 was strictly a race gun that had to be tuned and the Gen1 mags were problematic.
Gen2 mags became available before the changeover to Staccato.
Here's a guy that has been shooting 2011's since their inception and disspells the STI myths at the front end of his 15 minute vid.
The size comparison that he does between G17, 1911 and 2011 is interesting.

Originally the STI 2011 was strictly a race gun that had to be tuned and the Gen1 mags were problematic.
Gen2 mags became available before the changeover to Staccato.
Here's a guy that has been shooting 2011's since their inception and disspells the STI myths at the front end of his 15 minute vid.
The size comparison that he does between G17, 1911 and 2011 is interesting.
I didn't watch that video so maybe he explains this, but Hilton yam is also one of the people who worked for Staccato to design their current lineup. He is a wealth of knowledge for anybody looking to learn about 1911, 2011s, and Glocks. He even touches on the M&P in some of his older stuff. His patreon is well worth the money!

Welp, buy what you want within the limits of what you can afford. Most practical handgun shooting takes place at short ranges so there is only so much extra value that precision brings to the table.

There used to be a guy here who bragged on his Korth revolvers. All well and good but I doubt they would do any more than a Smith & Wesson Highway Patrolman. Objects to admire as fine pieces of machinery, no doubt.

I am a person that spends the money on quality firearms, but the price of these will only appeal to a small minority or shooters that are willing to take the plunge at $2500+. I have sat at the gun counter looking at these Gucci 1911s and so far resisted the urge to buck up, not saying their not nice but......

I have 1 Staccato, a C2. it was $2K, which is alot. BUT, less than a WC.
I have owned my C2 for about 1 1/2 yrs. It shoots great.

I noticed some odd wear where the hammer contacts the pin retaining plate. I contacted them and after insisting that it was odd, they agreed to look at it on their dime. 2 days after they got it, they called me and said that what I saw was normal, but that they found something "else" that they couldn't fix, so they were sending me a brand new gun. Both examples have operated flawlessly.
I've had magazines where the springs have gotten weak enough to fail LRBO. I call and the send me new mags no problem. they sent me 9 mags. FREE.

I am a Staccato fan. Its my favorite 9mm. I've had WC EDC X9 and Dan Wesson Valkyrie. Both great pistols but the C2 pushes my buttons more.

I almost bought a Stacatto but at the time with measure 114 happening they werent going to send the mags over to oregon so I went with a Prodigy DS . I've never cared for a 1911 but did want a 2011 or "double stacked 9mm".

Honestly almost no gun out there is worth the price. That is my own opinion
It is however the price to play. There are double stacked 1911 (2011) far more expensive in the 6k , 7k, 9k ..... why? because exclusivity and lower production. Stacatto is a production made gun but all hand fitted, so there is the labor cost involved and because they don't make as many as say printing Glocks they have to make up that cost. Whereas a gun manufactuer with a higher production churning out lots of product can spread that revenue across. Simple economies of scale. Lower cost doesn't always mean inferior. My Canik is a superior gun, built beautifully and one of the best stock triggers i've felt but Canik is able to provide a gun at the price it does even though I personally would pay $400 above asking for it, because 1 it's made in Turkey where labor cost is far cheaper and they have a huge production capacity being a company originally in aerosapce.

I've built my own Glocks costing me over 1k because I personally think stock Glocks are garbage junk. They are run of the mill and nothing special about them. I"m not saying they're not great functioning firearms, no one is disputing that, but they are garbage. plastic sights, trigger is yuck and feels like crap. plastic guide rod... they're made to be cheap.

If you have wanted a double stacked 1911 but dont want to pay Stacatto price, I recommend the Springfield Prodigy. I love mine.

Yes, you can pay less. I too have owned cheaper guns. But my journey has taught me that the cheaper guns don't elicit the pride and enjoyment that you get with the better ($) guns.

I just escaped a situation with a Girsan Hunter. It was a complete POS and I was lucky that my LGS gave me a complete refund. He also offered me a brand new one. I passed on it.

We all have different thresholds of what we can accept and do. I do not begrudge anyone's choice. But don't tell me that there's no difference between a $1K gun and a $2k gun.

So I just compared my Prodigy with a Stacatto P..... I can't justify paying for the P when the Prodigy feels better and slide glides like ice just as the Stacatto. They are virtually indistinguishable except for subtle things. I had these side by side. I personally love the Prodigy over the P.

However with that said, if we're talking about the C2, XL or XC models that's a different story and Prodigy doens't come close

Typical PNWers. Lotsa staccato hate up here. I run into the same attitude with combloc and FAL stuff here locally. There's no comparison between Glocks and staccatos. Sometimes you gotta pay to play. Way cheaper than SVI's and Atlas's.

The price we pay for staccatos is subsidizing law enforcement personnel buying them.

Last Edited: